Freak Angels, tome 2 by Duffield

Freak Angels, tome 2 (original 2009; edition 2010)

by Duffield, Warren Ellis, Duffield (Auteur), Warren Ellis (Auteur)

23 years ago, twelve strange children were born in England at exactly the same moment. 6 years ago, the world ended. This is the story of what happened next"--P. [4] of cover.
Member:cvedovini
Title:Freak Angels, tome 2
Authors:Duffield
Other authors:Warren Ellis, Duffield (Auteur), Warren Ellis (Auteur)
Info:LOMBARD (2010), Cartonné, 146 pages
Collections:Bandes Dessinées, Your library

Freakangels, Volume 2 by Warren Ellis (2009)

So, now that we've established all that origin stuff in the first volume (aside from what the FreakAngels actually did to destroy the world), we get a volume packed with all kinds of action and developments.

As the FreakAngels identify their potential through teleportation powers, they begin to focus on fortification and the expansion of Whitechapel. The discovery of a settlement filled with homeless, sick and suffering citizens leads the FreakAngels to make an important decision. Given that these people belong to the camp that recently attacked the secret "freak-cave", can they trust them?

While not eclipsing the quality of Volume 1, Ellis continues this excellent story with events that strengthen the series. Making strides in the right direction, Ellis keeps us all interested with the discovery of new powers, the influx of new citizens and the development of already strong characters.

Also, how can you fault something with this dialogue?

branimal | Apr 1, 2014 |
In the second installment of this series we begin to learn a little more about the characters and the challenges the FreakAngels and the other survivors face take center stage.

Questions of right and wrong battle against questions of best strategies for survival. This installment captures what so many of us miss in everyday life, perspective is everything. ( )
  Angelina-Justice | Feb 3, 2014 |
This second volume of FreakAngels charts a turn from mere survival of the Whitechapel clan and their local peasantry, to a more ambitious rebuilding project in the ruins of London. Some new psychic powers are demonstrated, and it turns out that the mutants use the eight-circuit psychological model of Timothy Leary in describing their paranormal interactions with other minds.

I first noticed in this volume -- though it was surely true in the previous one -- that each of the FreakAngels has the letter K in his or her name.

The title continues to impress and engage me, and I'm enjoying the leisurely pace of narrative development. I already have the next volume on hand, but I'll take a little breather before reading it.
2 vote paradoxosalpha | Sep 26, 2012 |
More please? Yeah, I know it's all online, but I like reading dead trees. ;-) But yeah, this is very good, looking forward to the next volume, sucker for post-apocalyptic sci-fi that I am. ( )
2 vote elmyra | Aug 6, 2009 |
Struggling to survive in a flooded England, a mysterious group of friends are try to maintain and protect a small settlement, nestled among ruined London. With wonderfully muted art, a lovely mix of characters and slow burner of a plot. It's definitely worth a look and as its a web comic you can do so for free over at: www.freakangels.com ( )
  clfisha | Jul 31, 2009 |

Warren Ellisprimary authorall editionscalculated
Duffield, PaulIllustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 142,388,674 books! | Top bar: Always visible