Shadow of the Hegemon (Ender, Book 6) by…

Shadow of the Hegemon (Ender, Book 6) (original 2001; edition 2001)

by Orson Scott Card

Member:Chapterhouse
Title:Shadow of the Hegemon (Ender, Book 6)
Authors:Orson Scott Card
Info:Tor Books (2001), Edition: 1st, Mass Market Paperback, 451 pages

Shadow of the Hegemon by Orson Scott Card (2001)

Apparently I *have* read this. Will have to reread since it's been >10 years since I did so....
  Daumari | Dec 30, 2017 |
The Shadow series follows Bean and is a ton of fun. A worthy follow-up to Ender's Game, and a great opportunity to see what happens with the members of Ender's Jeesh, I'd recommend these books to anyone who enjoyed Ender's Game (and how can someone not like Ender's Game?). ( )
  yrthegood1staken | Feb 28, 2017 |
a sequel to Ender's Shadow. All the Battleschool children, except Ender, are back on earth. Achilles kidnaps a bunch of them to take over the world, tries to kill Bean. Bean hooks up with Peter Wiggins, who reveals himself and the world changes. I doubt I will read any of the novels after this one. Ender's War and Ender's Shadow were engrossing, not this one. Just politics in the future"," ( )
  BookstoogeLT | Dec 10, 2016 |
I really loved the entire Hegemon series. There was something incredible about Card's ability to create a universe with such a detailed and comprehensive back story. ( )
  magerber | Feb 22, 2016 |
By the time you get to this book in the series, the whole idea of Ender has sort of gone out the window. Plus I just don't like Card on principal - he's a homophobe and hypocrite. ( )
  dbsovereign | Jan 26, 2016 |

Orson Scott Cardprimary authorall editionscalculated
Falkenstern, LisaCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Warner, BobCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To Charles Benjamin Card
You are always with us,
you see through all the shadows,
and we hear your strong voice
singing in our dreams
Nothing looked right in Armenia when Petra Arkanian returned home.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0812565959, Mass Market Paperback)

Orson Scott Card finally explores what happened on earth after the war with the Buggers in the sixth book of his Ender series, Shadow of the Hegemon. This novel is the continuation of the story of Bean, which began with Ender's Shadow, a parallel novel to Card's Hugo and Nebula Award-winning Ender's Game.

While Ender heads off to a faraway planet, Bean and the other brilliant children who helped Ender save the earth from alien invaders have become war heroes and have finally been sent home to live with their parents. While the children try to fit back in with the family and friends they haven't known for nearly a decade, someone's worried about their safety. Peter Wiggins, Ender's brother, has foreseen that the talented children are in danger of being killed or kidnapped. His fears are quickly realized, and only Bean manages to escape. Bean knows he must save the others and protect humanity from a new evil that has arisen, an evil from his past. But just as he played second to Ender during the Bugger war, Bean must again step into the shadow of another, the one who will be Hegemon.

In Shadow of the Hegemon, Card can't help but fall back into old patterns. But while the theme is the same as in previous books--brilliant, tragic children with the fate of the human race resting on their shoulders--Shadow of the Hegemon does a wonderful job of continuing Bean's tale against a backdrop of the politics and intrigue of a fragile earth. While the novel is accessible, new readers to the series would be wise to begin with Ender's Game or Ender's Shadow. --Kathie Huddleston

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:06:16 -0400)

Bean and other members of Ender's Dragon Army return to Earth after their victory in the Formic War. All but Bean are soon mysteriously kidnapped; Bean turns to Ender's brother Peter for help.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 128,984,785 books! | Top bar: Always visible