Hurricane Katrina: America's Unnatural…

by Prof. Jeremy I. Levitt JD PhD, Matthew C. Whitaker (Editor)

10None1,232,156NoneNone
Member:Whisper1
Title:Hurricane Katrina: America's Unnatural Disaster (Justice and Social Inquiry)
Authors:Prof. Jeremy I. Levitt JD PhD
Other authors:Matthew C. Whitaker (Editor)
Info:University of Nebraska Press (2009), Hardcover, 336 pages
Collections:Your library, To read
Tags:TBR, ADDED 6/19/15

Hurricane Katrina: America's Unnatural Disaster (Justice and Social Inquiry) by Prof. Jeremy I. Levitt JD PhD

No reviews

On August 29, 2005, Hurricane Katrina slammed into the Gulf Coast states of Louisiana and Mississippi. The storm devastated the region and its citizens. But its devastation did not reach across racial and class lines equally. In an original combination of research and advocacy, Hurricane Katrina: America’s Unnatural Disaster questions the efficacy of the national and global responses to Katrina’s central victims, African Americans.

This collection of polemical essays explores the extent to which African Americans and others were, and are, disproportionately affected by the natural and manmade forces that caused Hurricane Katrina. Such an engaged study of this tragic event forces us to acknowledge that the ways in which we view our history and life have serious ramifications on modern human relations, public policy, and quality of life.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:21:40 -0400)

On August 29, 2005, Hurricane Katrina slammed into the Gulf Coast states of Louisiana and Mississippi. The storm devastated the region and its citizens. But its devastation did not reach across racial and class lines equally. In an original combination of research and advocacy, Hurricane Katrina: America's Unnatural Disaster questions the efficacy of the national and global responses to Katrina's central victims, African Americans.… (more)

Average: No ratings.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 128,813,125 books! | Top bar: Always visible