Entertaining Angels by Joanna Bell

Entertaining Angels

by Joanna Bell

The blurb for Entertaining Angels did not sound all that appealing, but friends’ recommendations prompted me to give it a chance. An elderly gentleman from a small village has commissioned an artist, Julia, to sculpt an angel for the local church. Julia has trouble mustering the inspiration get started, but is determined to win through and make a place for herself and her autistic daughter, Hebe, in the village community.

This book was pleasant to read, and quite original. I was cross at first that Julia seemed to need a man to function properly, but on reflection I wonder if it was indeed a need, or more of a happy coincidence. As one other character pointed out, we shouldn’t be afraid to take inspiration where we can find it: there’s no point being snobby if it stops you making the best of what you have. ( )
  Sorrel | Oct 7, 2010 |
After no more than forty pages I decided this one wasn't for me. Other tags here inform me that this was actually aimed at the teenage market which may explain why. ( )
  dsc73277 | Jul 30, 2009 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,383,577 books! | Top bar: Always visible