Butterfly Tattoo by Deidre Knight

Butterfly Tattoo (edition 2010)

by Deidre Knight

Member:hannemme
Title:Butterfly Tattoo
Authors:Deidre Knight
Info:Samhain Publishing (2010), Paperback, 288 pages

Butterfly Tattoo by Deidre Knight

What a book! I loved it!! ( )
  BookaholicCat | Mar 4, 2015 |
Definitely a unique contemporary romance. Watching the three main characters battle their personal demons was both heartbreaking and heartwarming. Not a light read, but a good one. ( )
  cranberrytarts | Sep 22, 2013 |
Wow. Just wow. Did I say wow already? The best book I've read so far this year, without reservation.

Let me elaborate, because I think it's necessary. I don't usually read Contemporary Romance. It's just not my thing. They are formulaic and boring to me. This is not that book.

The characters are deep and damaged. The pain that haunts Michael leaps off the pages and wrenches the heart. Honestly, I've never read so much of a book with tears in my eyes. If there is any downside to this book, it's that if you are extremely sensitive it might be too much for you. I'm not kidding, it hurts that much. However, following along while they conquer the hurdles is a wonderful experience that is worth every moment of sniffling.

Deidre Knight writes characters unlike any I've met in a long while. An absolutely amazing book that gives you an emotional ride you won't soon forget. ( )
  Coralmoore | Nov 20, 2011 |
Wow. I could not put this book down, except to grab another kleenex. I truly appreciated the authors' realistic attention to struggles with grief, loss, the journey to healing, and the joy of falling in love again. Be prepared to become emotionally invested in this well written story. ( )
  scoobeee3 | Dec 31, 2010 |
Almost too sad, I kept crying through out... Michael is mourning Alex, his one and only gay love, with whom he had been for 12 years. Rebecca is mourning her loss of identity and career after a stalker has scarred her for life. They meet and try and almost fail at connecting as their own pasts get in the way. Beautifully written, especially at the start, with great characterizations and believable motives. This is a romance about trust in each other and the future and I enjoyed it. My odd criticism is that it was so sad, I almost didn't believe in the new love they were growing. When I thought about the book, the name that came to me was Alex, the dead spouse. He was the most vibrant character for me, and he was so alive, it was hard to move on. However, that doesn't mean this isn't a book worth spending time with - and it is a proper book, not some 70 page novella. The story is told in alternating first person chapters which is not a format I love, but worked well enough here. I will look for more from Deidre Knight. ( )
  amf0001 | Oct 12, 2010 |

Michael Warner has been drifting in a haze since his lover was killed by a drunk driver, but he must find a way to live for their troubled young daughter who struggles with guilt that she survived the crash. Rebecca O'Neill, an executive in the studio where Michael works, was a celebrity until she was scarred by a crazed fan's attack, and retreated from the limelight and life in general. When Michael meets Rebecca during an office power outage, the sparks between them come as a complete surprise, as does her uncanny bond with his daughter. For the first time, all three feel compelled to examine their inner and outer scars in the light of love.… (more)

Deidre Knight is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Author Chat

Deidre Knight chatted with LibraryThing members from Aug 17, 2009 to Aug 28, 2009. Read the chat.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 129,632,243 books! | Top bar: Always visible