Sookie Stackhouse, Books 1-8 by Charlaine…

Sookie Stackhouse, Books 1-8

by Charlaine Harris

English (12)  Dutch (1)  All languages (13)
I am a big fan of Charlaine Harris; each time I get one of her books I hungrily read if from cover to cover in only a couple of days. I can not put it down once I begin reading it. I have fallen in love with the characters since reading the very first book of the Sookie Stackhouse Series and am loathe to accept there will be no more books in the series, but all good things must come to an end. Each book in the series is as good as the last or better. You go up and down with the emotions of the main characters in the book. Surrendering your manicure and sanity as you pour over every word until the main character is out of danger. Harris ends most chapters and each book with a cliffhanger which keeps the readers coming back for more every time. This is a series that has quickly become a favorite which I have read and will continue to read over and over again. If you like reading about love, fantasy, a little history, and drama you will like this series of books. ( )
  donna.riffebarker | Oct 8, 2013 |
This set of books are very funny and with great mysteries to sovle. Very good writer. ( )
  niamhdee | Jun 15, 2012 |
I have now read every single one up to the latest out, they are the best books around and number 4 is my favourite because it gives you an insite to Eric's vunerable side, it is also when him and Sookie 'bond' and I think they are good together!!!!!!!! I would recommend it to anyway. ( )
  Scamp098 | Feb 2, 2011 |
I love me some Sookie Stackhouse! Admittedly, I am one of those people who only read (and knew about) the books after True Blood started airing, but since I started reading them I can't put them down. Sookie is such a fun, relatable character, and it's easy to imagine her confusion, awe and general nervousness at finding out there's a whole supernatural world out there she didn't know about -- vampires, werewolves, weretigers, werepanthers, faeries, you name it. Her inner monologues are priceless, her love interests are sexy and mysterious, and the plotlines, while completely absurd, are hilarious. The HBO series is an interesting companion to the books, since it follows some of the plotlines but completely ignores or changes others. Highly recommended whether you've seen True Blood or not. ( )
  mwtemple | Nov 8, 2010 |
These are a great fast-paced read that never leaves you waiting for some action. Werewolves, Fairies, Vampires, Love triangles, passion and well developed characters. Also recommend this on Audio book, the narrator does a great job on this one! ( )
  Krista23 | Oct 1, 2010 |

Sookie Stackhouse is a cocktail waitress in a little bar in Bon Temps, a small town deep in Louisiana. She's funny and pretty and well-mannered, but she doesn't have that many close friends - mind you, that's not so surprising when you consider how few people can appreciate her abilities as a mind-reader. It's not a quality that has the guys beating down her door - well, unless they're vampires or werewolves or the like but they're not just supernatural freaks, some of them are friends, even family.

Sookie is an unassuming cocktail waitress in an (outwardly) unremarkable town. Attractive as she is, her hidden 'talents' send men running - her mindreading skills are just a bit threatening. When the unreadable Bill appears, he seems to be the man of her dreams. Except he's not technically human.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,460,059 books! | Top bar: Always visible