Highlights for Children Help!

Highlights for Children Help!

I loved Highlights as a kid. I loved spending time in the dentist's waiting room because I could not get enough Highlights. I am happy to report that even as an adult I'm smitten. They've updated some of the tried and true characters like Goofus and Gallant. There were also no Timber Toes. Despite that it was still full of great information and activities. I would recommend Highlights to any kid waiting any place, also to any kids that enjoy activity magazines. ( )
  Anna.Nash | Mar 18, 2014 |
A classic children's magazine featuring puzzles, games, and reading exercises for beginning readers. Highlights has been engaging children and inspiring creativity since 1946.
  emmalune | Mar 15, 2014 |
Aimed specifically at middle school to junior high school aged children, Highlights contains stories, activities, and craft ideas. The magazine has stories that cover a variety of genres including history, nature, mythology, and advice in the September 2012 issue. Reading level varies in difficulty for this age group. There are also many activities like a crossword and a picturefind that can be done in the magazine by oneself. The magazine is clearly meant to be shared with an adult as there are craft activities that would need supervision, yet many in-magazine activities are clearly geared towards children doing them on their own. Children have direct input into the magazine through submission of drawings, poetry, and photography. Highlights is diverse and all inclusive and promotes positive qualities such as sharing, forgiveness, perseverance, and working things out. Paper quality is relatively cheap but as the magazine comes out monthly and is low-cost, this is not necessarily a negative. There is some advertising that is aimed at children. This magazine is highly recommended for children and is a great asset to classrooms and libraries. ( )
  jjpionke | Sep 8, 2012 |
Please do not combine with single issues. This is the complete run of the serial.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,458,071 books! | Top bar: Always visible