A Lineage of Grace: Five Stories of Unlikely…

A Lineage of Grace: Five Stories of Unlikely Women Who Changed Eternity (2000)

by Francine Rivers

This is all five stories via five women and how they find the grace of the Lord including the lineage of Jesus Christ. I believe this is the first time I read this author and loving it so far!

This is truly a lineage of grace by each of these women who were noted as adulterers, prostitutes, fallen, lost, and carrying the promise. All women overcame their accusers, trials, tribulations and turmoils and replaced with triumphs!

The writer showcases the bible stories in a creative, crafted, and woven into beautiful miracles. I will read more of her work in the future. She also shares "seek and find" to the reader to show the passages where these stories derived from in the Bible, questions, and reflection aside from the fictional stories shared in the collection.

(I see the books are also sold separately and share my reviews per book as well).

Oddly, my least favorite book was Unspoken (Bathsheba's story) which I thought would have been the one of best stories of the series. For some reason, these was something missing and didn't seem consistent to me as far as what I've learned about this woman as a biblical figure. However, I loved the first story with Tamar entitled Unveiled(which I gotten even more clarity than I already knew about her story from the movie Joseph, and read on it in the past with one of the books that tells the stories of the women in the Bible.) The other favorite was Ruth's story, Unshaken, which I shared briefly on my DYRP Midnight Hour program recently on unconditional (agape) love. Rahab's story, got more insight since I rarely read or heard this one taught before but was a mediocre read.

Adrienna Turner
www.adriennaturner.webs.com
Dream 4 More Reviews: www.dream4more.webs.com ( )
  Adrienna_Turner | Feb 13, 2013 |
The 5 women in this book are more courageous, and faithful than anyone I know today. What they had to indure in their lives was heartbreaking. The results of their strong hearts and faith, makes them shinning examples to any woman going through difficulty. ( )
  tippygirl | Dec 27, 2012 |
still reading
  loubigfish | Feb 11, 2012 |
An excellent fictional, based on Scripture, story of five of the Bible's women who were all in the lineage of Jesus. Tamar, Rahab, Ruth, Bathesheba, and Mary.

An excellent fictional, bassed on Scripture, account of five women of the Bible who were rather unlikely forbears of Jesus. ( )
  marient | Sep 24, 2010 |
This was great. Kept me interested as a reader, left inspired as a woman, and convicted as a Christian! ( )
1 vote yogiclarebear | Aug 31, 2010 |

In this compilation of the five books in the best-selling Lineage of Grace series by Francine Rivers, we meet the five women whom God chose—Tamar, Rahab, Ruth, Bathsheba, and Mary. Each was faced with extraordinary—even scandalous—challenges. Each took great personal risk to fulfill her calling. Each was destined to play a key role in the lineage of Jesus Christ, the Savior of the World.

2009 Retailer's Choice Award winner!

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:12:41 -0400)

Tamar, Rahab, Ruth, Bathsheba, Mary, five women-- all chosen by God.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,023,600 books! | Top bar: Always visible