Time to Pee! by Mo Willems

Time to Pee! (2003)

by Mo Willems

Anyone who has a really good childhood memory or has recently spent some time among pre-schoolers knows that when you're learning to use the toilet instead of your absorbent drawers, going to the bathroom instead of peeing your pants does require some conscious effort. Time to Pee offers instructions, encouragements and congratulations for getting the pee into the bowl, as well as washing your hands afterwards. "Everything will still be right where it was" afterwards when you return from the bathroom. This is also a good message for kids to hear, as I've seen many a kid reluctant to abandon that game or majestic block structure in order to empty their bladder.
The Greek chorus of funny mice (including one peeking unnoticed out an adult's pants pocket) with their signs, balloons, jet packs, musical instruments, and other tools and props remind me of Richard Scarry's little Busytown animals busily getting things done (but in service of getting things done in the bathroom). The look of relief on the kids' faces is wonderfully funny, and the closing message is also pertinent.
This book belongs on the bathroom shelf right next to "Everyone Poops." ( )
  motorbuffalo | Jun 22, 2017 |
This book has supportive mice who cheer you along AND gets through a whole toddler bathroom scenario without using the words "tinkle" or "toot," and that's a rare thing. ( )
1 vote MeditationesMartini | Mar 15, 2017 |
None of my kids needed anything like this, but if you have a child who is anxious about using the toilet, or missing out on what's happening while he's gone, it's probably a good choice. Just realized now, though, that I don't recall any mention of BMs, though, which do give more kids difficulty. Hm. ( )
  Cheryl_in_CC_NV | Jun 6, 2016 |
So first thing I noticed was that the book was dedicated to Trixie which made me remember that the little girl in Knuffle Bunny's name was Trixie as well! I figured that Trixie was probably Mo's daughter so I went back to Knuffle Bunny and sure enough there was an author's note. I had noticed it (even though I read the book twice) and I can't believe it took me so long to figure out! Also I realized that the dad in Knuffle Bunny had glasses and thanks to the picture of Mo in the back of this book I learned that he has glasses as well. I would probably never read this book in school, unless for some reason there are children in my class that have bathroom issues. Hopefully that does not happen. I can see myself maybe reading it to my daughter when I start potty training her. ( )
  kesteves | Nov 5, 2015 |
Time to pee gives a basic overview of the bathroom process. Get the feeling, go to the bathroom, pull down your underwear, etc etc.
  Stephanie_Addison | Oct 21, 2015 |

Toilet training has never been such an adventure as when it is introduced by popular cartoonist Mo Willems. With his signature humor, the author gently leads children through each step in the process that will finally bring them to their emancipation from diapers. Featuring a crew of funny mice holding up signs with the text, children will be amused and inspired by this hilarious new picture book.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:22:32 -0400)

Sign-carrying mice give encouraging instructions for using the toilet.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,051,939 books! | Top bar: Always visible