Wolf's Rain, Volume 1 by Bones

Wolf's Rain, Volume 1

by Bones

English (5)  German (1)  All (6)
I loved the anime and I really loved the manga. The art style is interesting and plot has interesting differences. ( )
  earthlistener | Jul 29, 2010 |
This is way up there in the best anime series' I've ever read (and watched!) The artwork was wonderful, and very original and that characters pulled you in. Wonderful. ( )
  thisroyalcity | Oct 20, 2008 |
Wolves are extinct, at least they're supposed to be. However, when a wolf hunter discovers not one, but four, wolves in the city, he is sure something big is happening. Although they might deny it, Tsume, Kiba, Hige and Toboe are wolves all brought together by the scent of the lunar flower and the paradise she is said to offer. When the lunar flower is stolen from her captivity by another who wants to use her abilities this unlikely band of wolves travel together to see if the legend is true.

All the anime I've watched so far is based on manga series, but this is the first manga I've watched based on an anime. I think in a way the story seemed very rushed, particularly the part between Toboe and Tia. Also, whoever or whatever the lunar flower remained pretty unclear by the end. I assume this will be cleared up in Volume 2. The artwork was pretty easy to follow and it was really nice that all the characters appeared very different from each other. It made keeping track of them much easier than I've had in other manga. Certainly this is an interesting premise and I will reserve a full recommendation for after I've read the other volume. ( )
1 vote Jenson_AKA_DL | Jan 28, 2008 |
I really enjoyed this one. It was the first manga that I had read translated from Japanese into English. All of my other manga had previously only been in Japanese. It was fun and interesting. I look forward to reading the next installment. ( )
  dragonfairy | Aug 9, 2007 |
Let's pretend wolves are extinct and the only reason we think so is because they have gained the ability to pass themselves off as human illusions. Got the picture? The story follows Kiba, Toboe, Tsume, and Hige, a band of wolves running from the world and to a legendary place called Paradise. While the series is short and sweet, finishing in only two volumes, who cares? Excellent art and a well-planned storyline capture the reader's mind (and wallet) as a race between the four and half-wolf noble Darcia ensues. ( )
  kai_yukirin | Aug 8, 2006 |

A group of wolves who live among humans embark on a quest to find a legendary paradise on Earth rumored to reveal itself only to wolves.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,395,617 books! | Top bar: Always visible