Beneath a Darkening Moon by Keri Arthur

Beneath a Darkening Moon

by Keri Arthur

The Art of Seducing a Naked Werewolf by Molly Harper (Kegan)
    Kegan: Werewolves,Paranormal Romance, Shape Shifters

From Amazon:

There’s no turning back for Neva Grant. To find a killer, she must seduce the boldest male in the Sinclair pack. Her twin sister lies in a hospital bed, fighting for her life, the fourth and only surviving victim of a vicious attacker. The werewolf rangers suspect the Sinclair pack, and the only way Neva can infiltrate their close-knit ranks is to unleash the wildness within and offer herself to Duncan Sinclair. Duncan’s appetite for women is legendary on the reservation. But when this new woman stirs his hunger, he finds his desire for her goes deeper than anything he’s ever felt before. When he realizes that she’s playing a game and he’s taken the bait, he is determined to push her to the breaking point. As Duncan and Neva engage in a dangerous dance, they must somehow find a way to join forces—before a cornered killer bites back.

My Thoughts:

I found the plotting and story line to be pretty routine and easily predicted. I read the book because I needed a werewolf book for a challenge. It was okay but I don't think I will look for the follow up novels, ( )
  Carol420 | May 31, 2016 |
Savannah's story. We learn that she was a wild teenager and her past has come back to bite her in the behind. Cade is a bit of a bore but comes through in the end, of course. ( )
  pnwbookgirl | Feb 7, 2016 |
I don't usually read paranormal romance series books back-to-back, they really have to have that extra something to make me want more and although I enjoyed the first book immensely, I didn't like this one quite as much.

I'm not a big fan of the reunited lovers storyline, it always makes me sad that they lost so much time together, in this case because of misunderstandings. I also didn't love Savannah as much as her twin sister Neva, in the first book. She was hard and tough and difficult to relate to though I liked her more when we find out about her past with Cade and when she comes alive with him in the present.

I loved Ronan. I felt sorry for him but he really cared for Savannah and knew what she needed and gave it to her even when it meant losing her. So sweet.

The plot was good, the mystery kept you guessing as to who was behind the murders and why they were being committed in order to bring Vannah and Cade back together.

One thing that did get a little on my nerves was the editing. Mostly it was just Savannah's name. I don't know how it was supposed be spelt because it was always spelt differently. With the "h" and without. On a couple of occasions the entire name was wrong, it was someone else's.

Anyway, I still enjoyed this book. It appears there are only two in this series making it a duology -a rare thing these days but it was well-worth reading. ( )
  Cynical_Ames | Sep 23, 2014 |
The second book starts about a year or so after the first one. This time the other sister is the main viewpoint character and she is solving a murder and someone form her hidden wild child past ends up being part of the official team that comes onto the werewolf reservation to investigate it. There are hard feelings between the two and a bit of leftover courtship magic that they have been able to ignore since they were out of one another's lives for years. Savannah ran from Cade as the free love cult she was living with fell apart with murder and now someone is copycatting the cult murders and seems to be after Savannah for revenge. Cade and Savannah have lots of sex during the book but Cade uses the leftover courtship magic to compel Savannah and that part just really turned me off about the book. Of course all is forgiven and there is a happy ever after ending but that part of the plot left a sour taste in my mouth and I don't think I'll be reading any more in this series. ( )
  Glennis.LeBlanc | Jul 8, 2014 |

Savannah Grant once had the reputation for being the wild sister-but no one, not even her twin, knew just how wild Savannah had once been. Now that past has come back to haunt her. Someone is murdering humans in Ripple Creek, and the murders are eerily similar to those she'd witnessed nearly ten years ago. Worse still, the man sent in to help with the investigation is the one man Savannah had hoped never to see again. The man who had taken her trust and her heart and smashed them both. Cade Jones is in Ripple Creek to catch the killer who'd escaped his noose ten years ago. What he doesn't expect to find is the woman who had very nearly caused his death. A woman who knew far more than she'd ever let on. A woman who'd slithered from his grasp as easily as the killer. This time, Cade has every intention of discovering what she knows-and every intention of holding her to the promises she'd made long ago. As the murders continue, it becomes evident that the killer isn't murdering at random, that it's all part of a larger plan-revenge. In order to survive, Savannah finds herself having to trust the one man she'd sworn never to trust again. But can Cade unravel the clues left from the past and the present in time to save them both, or will a killer's need for revenge snatch away their hopes of a future yet again?

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:07:05 -0400)

"Savannah Grant still harbors deep secrets and carries emotional scars from a love affair gone bad many years ago. She has tried to bury her heartbreak in her job as chief ranger of the Ripple Creek werewolf reservation. But now someone is murdering humans on her turf, and the pattern matches a series of deaths she witnessed a decade ago: the same year that she met--and lost--the love of her life. The murderer seems to have risen from the grave. Then Savannah's old love appears. Cade Jones is an Interspecies Investigation Squad officer, determined to catch the killer he let slip through his grasp once before--in part because of a bewitching young werewolf. Now, as moon heat reignites their desire for each other, Savannah and Cade are forced to come to terms with long-buried secrets--not only to stop a monster from killing again--but to give their promise to the moon one more chance"--P. [4] of cover.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,236,257 books! | Top bar: Always visible