Exceptional Clearance by William J. Caunitz

Exceptional Clearance (1991)

by William J. Caunitz

For a police drama, I felt this was one of the best reads. The characters are real, the scenes far more believable, the plot ugly enough and the story arc right on the money.
This is the first Cauntz novel I've read, but definitely not the last.
The scattering of sex scenes are somewhat graphic, but not so detailed as to put me off.
I felt the ending was a tad too abrupt and left way too many questions - more appropriate to a continuing series. But then, I'm awfully picky when it comes to endings. ( )
  DavidLErickson | Jul 18, 2011 |
Thou know'st that I have dived into hell, / And sought the darkest places of fiends; / That with my magic spells great Belcephon, / Hath left his lodge and kneeled at my cell.

Francis Bacon
To Knox and Kitty with gratitude for all that they have done for me, and with love for all that they mean to me.
The night was cold; November's snow banked deep along the curb.

Detective Lieutenant John Vinda is willing to break the law to break his latest case when a ruthless killer begins stalking young women on the streets of New York. By the author of One Police Plaza.

Hired by the NYPD to find a potential serial killer before the press gets hold of the story, Lieutenant John Vinda begins to wonder if the killer he is pursuing is human or beast when yet another person meets a grisly end.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,364,056 books! | Top bar: Always visible