Hooray For Inventors! by Marcia Williams

Hooray For Inventors!

by Marcia Williams

Wow, this book is detailed. It is laid out in comic book format, telling the stories of many inventors throughout time. Some inventors take up more space than others on the page but the layout is exciting and stimulating for the viewer. There are fun facts included on the sides of the page, where little birds add more definitions and facts to the text. In the back of the book there is a massive index.
  schendo | Nov 24, 2014 |
This book tells about differnt inventors and their inventions. I would have the class think of their favorite invention, and find out who invented that item. The students would then create a book to mimic the lay out of this book. Then I would ask the kids to creat their own invwentions. After this is done We will talk about the process, and why they thought that item was needed.
  savannahmcallister | Apr 18, 2010 |
This book is about inventors and the inventions they created over the years. Inventions include the airplane, lightbulb, band aid etc.

This is a great way for students to think about the possible inventions they could create.

1.I could have my students brainstorm about the invention they would like to create and draw their plan out!
2.I could also have my students brainstorm about what invention they think was the greatest invention of all and have them write about what the world would be like without that invention!
  Johnab1288 | Nov 23, 2009 |
comic books style-fun introduction to inventors throughout history ( )
  librarianlou | Nov 1, 2006 |

Hip, hip, hooray! Marcia Williams wields her witty comic-book style to applaud the creators of inventions that changed the world — and to inspire the inventor in us all.

What are your eight favorite inventions, and who were the persevering minds behind them? In a style as vivacious and accessible as ever, Marcia Williams honors the fine folks who brought us the printing press, the steam condenser, the steam train, the electric light, all of them stepping stones to ever more awesome inventions to come. Interspersed are brief snapshots of more than a hundred other inventions, from toothpaste to toilet paper rolls, the World Wide Web to, yes, sliced bread. There's also a tribute to women inventors — the force behind such indispensable items as windshield wipers, submarine telescopes, and bulletproof vests.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:05:29 -0400)

Learn about inventors and their amazing inventions.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,058,739 books! | Top bar: Always visible