The Book That Eats People by John Perry

The Book That Eats People (2009)

by John Perry

Other authors: Mark Fearing (Illustrator)

The reader is warned to be careful around this book, which has already eaten several people and is always hungry.

Ever read "Little Shop of Horrors"? If not, you should. If you have, this is definitely a book you want to read. With humor that is dark and witty, and yet still super appropriate for children, this book is one that should be in every teachers library. ( )
  danimeineke | Nov 24, 2016 |
A fun interaction= experience is part of this book who eats people. Not only does this book warn you repeatedly, but gives multiple examples of people who didn't heed the warning... are you one of them? ( )
  Ermina | Feb 25, 2016 |
O insisted on placing something super heavy on top of this book after we read it. Hehehe ( )
  maddiemoof | Oct 20, 2015 |
Response - Very fun and different. I laughed throughout. I think that the book has just the right amount of suspense. Definitely a turn pager. I liked the episode in the library and the librarians' responses. The librarian said this book is hard to keep on the shelf. It did remind my of "Little Shop of Horrors".

Curricular connection - Read aloud; teach personification and hyperbole
  jegammon | Feb 11, 2015 |
its an entertaining book for any age.
I enjoy childrens/picture books ( )
  squidfish24 | Nov 13, 2013 |

John Perryprimary authorall editionscalculated
Fearing, MarkIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 138,113,791 books! | Top bar: Always visible