Courageous Souls: Do We Plan Our Life…

Courageous Souls: Do We Plan Our Life Challenges Before Birth?

by Robert Schwartz

This book could not have come to me at a better time, and entirely with the same amount of chance as winning the lottery. I liked the way it was put together by life challenge type. I did find the introduction a bit hard to follow the first time I read it because the material was a bit foreign to me. After I finished the book I went back through it to high-light some areas I thought worked wonderfully to lift me up, realize what I am thankful for, and that I need to work a little harder at times to sustain a peaceful auric field. After reading this book I've really been able to look at my life and appreciate what the good and "bad" has brought me. Parts of it vaguely reminded me of The Secret, in the sense of always looking for that positive notion to continue forward with. I thank the author, Robert Schwartz, for the opportunity to find more positive meaning in my life. ( )
  heathervb1317 | Sep 3, 2013 |
Courageous Souls
Do We Plan Our Life Challenges Before Birth?
by Robert Schwartz

This 327 page beauty really validated things I have been feeling and believing for years when it comes to the Akashic Records and soul lessons and agreements. I really enjoyed the way the author explained the different concepts and then methodically went through different case histories and was able through awesome examples to show us the way our Guides can actually come through to inform us.

I also liked the use of mediums and other gifted people to help with the verification and the special way Robert gives credit to the whole process. The interviewee's addressed different life challenges, like deafness, addiction, accidents and more. I would recommend this loving and gentle teacher to anyone who is interested in the ways of spirit and exceptional examples of how we use our gifts. Thanks Robert, for the present of your generous heart and foresight. Robert can be reached at http://CourageousSouls.com.

Love & Light,

Riki Frahmann ( )
  biunicorn | Mar 23, 2012 |
Your Souls Plan By Robert Schwartz was without a doubt one of the best books I have read on the subject matter of pre birth life planning. It completely explains why one would choose to be born into a difficult home life, with difficult parents, or circumstances, or why one would choose to have bad things happen to you during your life time.
I have read many books by different authors and this book I was not able to put it down until I finished it. I do hope there will be more books forth coming by this amazing author. I reccommend it highly and can not say enough about it. ( )
  luckycharm6139 | Jun 8, 2011 |
Saman tyylinen kirja kuin Sielujen matka ja Sielujen kohtalo, mutta keskittyi enemmän maanpäällisen elämän tapahtumiin ja siihen, miksi tiettyjä haasteita on saatettu valita. Toisaalta pidin enemmän Sielujen matkasta ja Sielujen kohtalosta, mutta toisaalta tässä oli mukavaa lukea ihmisten elämänkohtaloista ja heidän kokemuksestaan, että he olivat valinneet itselleen tuon elämän.

En pitänyt kirjan nimestä, joka antaa kuvan, että vain suuria vaikeuksia valinneet sielut olisivat rohkeita. Se arvottaa väärällä tavalla elämää/elämiä. En myöskään pitänyt kirjan jokseenkin amerikkalaisesta tyylistä. Olisipa hauskaa joskus lukea vastaava kirja intialaisista ihmisistä. Samoin kiinnostaisi lukea ihan tavallisista elämistä ja siitä millaisia haasteita sielut ovat valinneet suhteellisen värittömään ja tapahtumaköyhään elämään ja etenkin miksi.
  Dei_Diamanda | Apr 15, 2011 |
This book is definitely not for the science-based, logical, rational person.

I found the subtitle misleading: "Discovering the Real Meaning of the Life You Planned Before You Were Born" implies to me that this book will give you the tools to discover the real meaning of the life you planned before you were born. It does not.

There may be some helpful things for people to take away form this book. But the disturbing parts overwhelmed me to the point that I could not enjoy it. Basically, the premise is that everything that happens to you happens for a reason, AND that YOU planned this before you were born. Further, since your life plan was determined but NOT predetermined, the author is quick to note, since you have choices, except if you don't do what you planned when it is presented to you, then "circumstances" will continue to bring you the opportunity to experience it until you do, so I'm unclear where the free will is....

So the sum up of each story is that we shouldn't judge people's paths because they CHOSE this path. Which is nice, until you start thinking about it with any depth. So that five year old African girl who is raped by 40 year old men in her tribe because they believe having sex with a virgin will cure them of AIDS? Don't worry! She CHOSE that! Victims of domestic violence who are killed by their husbands/boyfriends after they leave? Don't worry! She CHOSE that! All the Jews killed during the Holocaust? Don't worry! They CHOSE that!

Following the "logic" of Your Soul's Plan disturbs me way too much to be able to recommend this book. ( )
6 vote MelindaLibrary | Apr 12, 2011 |
At each shift of the paradigm, the impossible presents its impeccable credentials...
and the unthinkable becomes the norm.

Rabbi Michael Berg
Becoming Like God
Should you shield the canyons from the windstorms, you would never see the beauty of their carvings.
Dr. Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
Dedicated to Jon, Doris, Jennifer, Penelope, Bob, Sharon, Pat, Valerie, Jason, Christina, and Their loved ones and My family
On February 25, 1969, a twenty-year-old administrative assistant in the department of political science at Pomona College in Claremont, California, went to the department's basement mailbox to pick up her employer's mail. (Prologue)
Your Soul's Plan: Discovering the Real Meaning of the Life You Planned Before You Were Born was previously published under the title, Courageous Souls: Do We Plan Our Life Challenges Before Birth?

The book Your Soul’s Plan: Discovering the Real Meaning of the Life You Planned Before You Were Born by Robert Schwartz (www.YourSoulsPlan.com) explores the premise that we are all eternal souls who plan our lives, including our greatest challenges, before we’re born for purposes of spiritual growth. The book contains ten true stories of people who planned physical illness, having handicapped children, deafness, blindness, drug addiction, alcoholism, losing a loved one, and severe accidents. The information about their pre-birth plans was obtained by four gifted mediums and channels, including one who has the ability both to see and to hear the dialogue we have with one another before we’re born. The book presents the actual conversations people had with their future parents, children, spouses, friends, and other loved ones when they planned their lives together. For readers, suffering that once seemed purposeless becomes imbued with deep meaning. Wisdom may be acquired in a more conscious manner; feelings of anger, guilt, blame, and victimization are healed and replaced by acceptance, forgiveness, gratitude, and peace. This book was previously published under the title, Courageous Souls: Do We Plan Our Life Challenges Before Birth?

MIND, BODY, SPIRIT. "Your Soul's Plan" explores the premise that we are all eternal souls who plan our lives, including our greatest life challenges, before we are born for the purpose of spiritual growth. Through ten true stories of people who purposefully planned extreme difficulties such as having AIDS and cancer, parenting handicapped children, deafness, blindness, drug addiction, alcoholism, losing a loved one, and severe accidents, this book shows that suffering is not purposeless, but imbued with deep meaning. Working with four of the country's most gifted mediums and channels, author Robert Schwartz reveals the significance of each individual's prebirth planning sessions and allows us a fascinating look into the 'other side'.Each compelling personal story focuses on a specific life challenge, with sections devoted to each challenge for easy reference.… (more)

Robert Schwartz is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,236,454 books! | Top bar: Always visible