Angel: After the Fall, Vol. 4 by Joss Whedon

It's kind of hit or miss for me. I did enjoy seeing Lorne as a lord tho, good place for him. ( )
  vanisheDsaRah | Apr 10, 2018 |
It was alright, I liked it. I liked the later seasons of Angel the TV show, but was always more into Buffy. I am however excited to see how it ties into Buffy season 8 (I'll probably say that a lot in my reviews.) ( )
  vanisheDsaRah | Apr 10, 2018 |
Angel: After the Fall, Volume Four wraps up the main story of Angel and company after Wolfram & Hart sent Los Angeles to Hell following the series finale cliffhanger. The story, plotted by Joss Whedon and Brian Lynch with a script by Brian Lynch, delivers while also delving further into darker territory, in keeping with the show's thematic feel. Stephen Mooney an Franco Urru's art effectively sets a tone to match the story as they portray Angel, Wesley, Cordelia, Gunn, Fred/Illyria, and Spike battling the armies of Hell to restore Los Angeles to the world. They also offer an explanation for why these events don't impact other storylines, such as those in Buffy the Vampire Slayer, season 8. Fans of the series will gain a much-needed sense of closure from this volume. ( )
  DarthDeverell | Sep 21, 2017 |
A good, enjoying continuation of the television series. Plenty of unexpected developments, but not overwhelming. The artwork, however, I found less good: I didn't care for the style, and it often wasn't too close to the characters. ( )
  teknognome | Nov 14, 2016 |

*Book source ~ Library

What the hell did I just read? There’s some hinky shit going on in this volume and I’m left scratching my head in bewilderment. I’m not as pleased with this installment as the others mostly because I was clueless as to what was going on. It’s the whole time slipping crap that gets me. I hate that shit. But there is some really awesome back and forth between Spike and Angel. Stuff like what made Angel Season 5 memorable for me as I was not a fan of the show in general before Spike came on to make Captain Boring’s life more amusing. For me anyway. The artwork is consistent with the previous works and is still gorgeous. My library doesn’t have Volume 5 or 6, so I’m not sure what I’m going to do about finishing this arc up. I guess I’ll suggest the purchase and cross my fingers. ( )
  AVoraciousReader | Jul 24, 2015 |

Whedon, Jossprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Lynch, Brianmain authorall editionsconfirmed
So. Come to this.

Angel fights for the fate of Los Angeles, but to win the day he is going to have to do the unthinkable.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 136,421,109 books! | Top bar: Always visible