Swamp Thing, Vol. 1: Saga of the Swamp Thing…

Swamp Thing, Vol. 1: Saga of the Swamp Thing (1987)

by Alan Moore (Writer), Steve R. Bissette (Illustrator), Alan Moore, John Totleben (Inker)

Other authors: John Costanza (Letterer), Tatjana Wood (Colorist)

Series: Swamp Thing (Vol.2 1)

English (19)  Finnish (1)  Italian (1)  All languages (21)
A tad silly, beautiful art, highly entertaining. ( )
  Michael.Xolotl | Nov 11, 2015 |
Típico Alan Moore.

Muito aquém de Watchmen, mas ainda assim merecedor de leitura dedicada. ( )
  Ritinha_ | Aug 26, 2015 |
...trippy. ( )
  jen.e.moore | Sep 21, 2014 |
The problem with reading classic comics is that the introductions tend to talk them up beyond all believability, so by the time you finally read the damn book, you just aren't as impressed. (Don't read the introduction first. Please.) ( )
1 vote jen.e.moore | Sep 19, 2014 |
I really enjoyed this one. I'm not one to read a lot of superhero comics because I generally find them to be a little too formulaic. This certainly had it's moments, but overall strayed from what I would consider standard fare. The page layouts were astounding as were the illustrations. I spent a lot of time exploring each panel, and that made for a really captivating read. Certainly this isn't the masterpiece that V for Vendetta was or Watchmen, but I wasn't really expecting or looking for that. I will probably pick up more of these volumes in the future. ( )
  jakegest | Dec 24, 2013 |

Moore, AlanWriterprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Bissette, Steve R.Illustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed
Moore, Alanmain authorall editionsconfirmed
Totleben, JohnInkermain authorall editionsconfirmed
Costanza, JohnLetterersecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Wood, TatjanaColoristsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Zulli, MichaelCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
It's raining in Washington tonight.
He isn't Alec Holland. He never will be Alec Holland. He never was Alec Holland. He's just a ghost. A ghost dressed in weeds.
I? I am ... the Swamp Thing.
The Finnish edition includes the story "Loose Ends", but is otherwise identical to the English edition.

Collecting classic tales from Alan Moore's award-winning run, this reprint series marks a high point in the history of graphic storytelling. Inspired by the creation of writer Len Wein and artist Berni Wrightson, Alan Moore took the character to new heights in the 1980s with his unique narrative approach. His provocative and groundbreaking writing, combined with masterly artwork by some of the medium's top artists, made Swamp Thing one of the great comics of the late twentieth century. This volume includes Moore's first seven issues, Saga of the Swamp Thing #21-27.

Collects the first seven stories, in which Jason Woodrue begins his study of the Swamp Thing and ultimately discovers its origin and secrets.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 100,959,476 books! | Top bar: Always visible