The Authority: Relentless by Warren Ellis

The Authority: Relentless (1999)

by Warren Ellis

Slow to start but fun toward the end. ( )
  bensdad00 | Jan 10, 2017 |
Confession time
7:23 pm 14 November 2016
The Authority Vol. 1 - Warren Ellis, Bryan Hitch, Paul Neary
I was in this for Midnighter and Apollo, and this hints at their relationship. It didn't really give me anything, though, although this is a microcosm of where this went wrong for me, and I'll get to that soon. Even when Midnighter and Apollo weren't in scenes together, there was no real character development. While each character spoke differently, they mostly all followed Jenny Sparks, and there was no real development with any of them, especially given how long this book was.

And while there were some large ideas, there was no character development. They come off as flat, and by that I mean every single character. I didn't relate, I didn't come to care for them, and I found myself losing interest at a couple points in time.

I'm hoping that Millar - for all the sexism and homophobia and over the top violence - does more with the characters. Yes, the ideas were neat, but nothing that I connected with or liked so much that it really made up for the lack of character development.

Onto volume two!
Graphic Novel DC AU favorite character i ship this read in 2016 ( )
  All_Hail_Grimlock | Dec 9, 2016 |
A really fresh new take on what it means to be a superhero. No longer willing to obey nationalism over morals, The Authority sets out to right the wrongs of the world. ( )
  wealhtheowwylfing | Feb 29, 2016 |
THIS IS THE BEST OF EVERYTHING.

Jenny Sparks and her badassitude. The writing. The plot. The art is good too. The invasion of the steampunk alien alternate timeline. All the other characters and oh GOD the Apollo/Midnighter with the smirking I can't even handle it... ( )
  FFortuna | Mar 25, 2015 |
The change of the superhero in the early '90s too extreme violence Warren Ellis ended with the Authority. This took the violence of super human being into the realm of common sense. So no longer did villains and heroes fight over and over again. They became one fight to the finish and if someone died they stayed dead. ( )
  Kurt.Rocourt | Jun 20, 2013 |
Information from the All Common Knowledge. Edit to localize it to your language.
They think there's no-one left to save the world.

Conheça o Authority. Jenny Sparks, Jack Hawksmoor, Swift, Apolo, Meia-Noite, Engenheira e Doutor: heróis com uma visão de mundo impiedosa e imperdoável, que formam um grupo insanamente poderoso, capaz de encarar e derrotar incontáveis ameaças ao nosso planeta.
E eles vão proteger a humanidade de si mesma com sua fria concepção de justiça… custe o que custar!
Criado pelo lendário roteirista Warren Ellis (Transmetropolitan) e pelos artistas Bryan Hitch (Stormwatch) e Paul Neary (Os Supremos), Authority é considerado um dos mais inovadores quadrinhos modernos. (The Authority 1-8)

The first stories of a new super-hero team created by Jenny Sparks to fill the void left by the demise of the StormWatch team.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 113,322,170 books! | Top bar: Always visible