Cardinal of the Kremlin by Tom Clancy

Cardinal of the Kremlin (original 1988; edition 1989)

by Tom Clancy

Member:AHS-Wolfy
Title:Cardinal of the Kremlin
Authors:Tom Clancy
Info:Thorndike Pr (1989), Paperback
Tags:Thriller, Jack Ryan

The Cardinal of the Kremlin by Tom Clancy (1988)

English (24)  Spanish (1)  All languages (25)
Another winner in the Jack Ryan series. ( )
  biggs1399 | Jan 19, 2016 |
I liked it but it wasn't my favorite of Clancy's not by a long shot. Still think Patriot Games is his best. Glad I finally finished it. Took a little longer than I thought it would which I think is an indication of how much I liked it. ( )
  Charlie-Ravioli | Jan 18, 2016 |
Spy novel - Misha, KGB - CIA very technical intrigue - okay

Two men possess vital data on Russia's Star Wars missile defense system. One of them is CARDINAL—America's highest agent in the Kremlin—and he's about to be terminated by the KGB. The other is the one American who can save CARDINAL and lead the world to the brink of peace…or war. Here is author Tom Clancy's heart-stopping masterpiece. A riveting novel of the most important issue of our time.
  christinejoseph | Sep 18, 2015 |
very good story ( )
  longhorndaniel | May 29, 2013 |
most of this book i was wanting to give it 1 star, but the ending kept me far more interested/entertained than the rest of the book, so i was planning on giving it 2 stars. but then i just couldn't, it's just not good enough. i guess i'm just not that into spy novels, but also i was really disappointed in the quality of the writing. if the story had grabbed me, i might not have noticed nearly as much, but because i really didn't care about the story until pretty close to the end, i found the poor writing annoying.

my favorite examples:

"What had been a single dot of light blossomed like an exploding star in a science-fiction movie. But this wasn't science fiction."

and then 160 pages later:

"The sounds came back slowly, and seemed distant, like the noises of a dream. But this was no dream." ( )
  elisa.saphier | Apr 2, 2013 |

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0425116840, Mass Market Paperback)

Two men possess vital data on Russia's Star Wars missile defense system. One of them is CARDINAL--America's highest agent in the Kremlin--and he's about to be terminated by the KGB. The other is the one American who can save CARDINAL and lead the world to the brink of peace--or war.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:16:31 -0400)

The Soviet Union and United States Star Wars race escalates, Colonel Mikkail Filtov, America's agent in the Kremlin, is about to be betrayed, and only Jack Ryan can save Filtov--and world peace.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 105,855,075 books! | Top bar: Always visible