Cajun Night Before Christmas® (The Night…

Cajun Night Before Christmas® (The Night Before Christmas Series) (original 1973; edition 1992)

by "Trosclair" (Author)

A version in Cajun dialect of the famous poem, "The Night Before Christmas," set in a Louisiana bayou.
Member:BurksBoys
Title:Cajun Night Before Christmas® (The Night Before Christmas Series)
Authors:"Trosclair" (Author)
Info:Pelican Publishing (1992), Edition: 20 Anv, 48 pages

Cajun Night Before Christmas by Howard Jacobs Trosclair (Author) (1973)

Disclaimer: I usually review children's book based more on what my children think of the book and less on what I think of the book...

Very funny...almost as good as the Texas Night Before Christmas. ( )
  mcsp | Jan 25, 2021 |
St. Nick makes a visit to the Louisiana bayou, with a sled pulled by alligators and a sherry red nose. He comes down the chimney, but burns a hole in his pants! After his work is done, he flies off into the night.
I spent Katrina on the bayou with my grandparents, both Cajuns. The book is written in Cajun dialect and reading it made me feel like I was back with them. The book could also be used as a way to teach how some writers use a unique voice, and that not everyone speaks Queen's English. ( )
  ebrossette | May 5, 2020 |
There are several in the series of ethnic retellings of Moore's classic New England poem about Saint Nicholas, but this one is my personal favorite. Because, alligators. ( )
  librisissimo | Jan 4, 2019 |
My favorite thing about this book was the language! "He got on his foots! an' jump like a cat, out to de flo' where he lan' wit' a splat!". That is the kind of authentic language you can expect from this book, and it's amazing. I also like how funny this book is. Santa has gators (alligators)! Reindeer were nowhere to be found. We see a very vivid depiction on what Christmas on the bayou is like. I would recommend this book to locals, and others. I was in Barnes and Noble and I decided to get this book for my friend's son, because she is from here but lives away. I think she will totally LOVE reading it to him. I will be mailing this soon. It also has a matching coloring book, that can be purchased separately. ( )
  denisebarry | Nov 19, 2018 |
This book is a interesting retelling of the night before christmas. It has a Louisiana twist to it that presents the dialect, animals, and overall atmosphere of southern Louisiana. This book would be good to use around Christmas time and to teach diversity. I highly recommend this book for all elementary school teachers. ( )
  JalisaLouis | Oct 24, 2017 |

Trosclair, Howard JacobsAuthorprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Rice, JamesIllustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed
'Twas the night before Christmas
An' all t'ru de house
Dey don't a t'ing pass
Not even a mouse.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 155,572,604 books! | Top bar: Always visible