Street Magic (The Circle Opens, Book 2) by…

Street Magic (The Circle Opens, Book 2) (original 2001; edition 2002)

by Tamora Pierce

1,777183,949 (4)24
Member:booksandwine
Title:Street Magic (The Circle Opens, Book 2)
Authors:Tamora Pierce
Info:Scholastic Paperbacks (2002), Mass Market Paperback, 264 pages

Street Magic by Tamora Pierce (2001)

Briar is my favourite character of the quartet, so I was very excited to be reading his book. I always enjoyed reading his personality. His thought process was always amusing.

Once again, Tamora Pierce has impressed me. She creates a world which is both enjoyable and easy to read, and I found myself taking in every word. What I wished for (like in book one) was interaction between the quartet, and I feel that is what is missing for this series.

However, nonetheless, most enjoyable anyway, and I look forward to be reading the following 2 books. ( )
  ashooles | Nov 16, 2013 |
Briar becomes involved in local gang wars when he takes an interest in a young stone mage.

Briar and Rosethorn are some of my favorites, and I enjoy the new student Evvy as well. I'm looking forward to watching her grow with her expanding cat colony. ( )
  alwright1 | Mar 31, 2013 |
Listened to the Full Cast Audio CD edition. Previously read. ( )
  JenJ. | Mar 31, 2013 |
No where near as good as the other books in the "Circle Opens" series. I constantly found my attention wandering, and had to go back to see what actually happened. Part of this was because I just didn't care for Evy much, and part of it was the distinct lack of Briar doing any magic for himself. ( )
  Kiwiria | Mar 30, 2013 |
I guess this series is growing on me because I enjoyed this, the second book in the Circle Opens series. The storyline was predictable but entertaining. The writing is good, the characters interesting. Definitely growing on me! ( )
  SparklePonies | Feb 27, 2013 |

Tamora Pierceprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Baker, DavidDirectorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Bostick, DanielProducersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Coville, BruceNarrator & Producersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Full Cast FamilyOther narratorssecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Hobin, ToddMusicsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
TheronCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
In the city of Chammur, on the eastern border of Sotat: For centuries it had been called, "fabled Chammur," "Chammur of the Flamming Heights," and "Mighty Chammur."

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0590396439, Mass Market Paperback)

Part of the 8-book Tamora Pierce reissue for Fall 2006, this title in the Circle Opens quartet features spellbinding new cover art. Coincides with the release of WILL OF THE EMPRESS in trade pb.

Briar Moss been training four years as a plant mage, but he hasn't put his past behind him. He meets a street girl, Evvy, using powerful magic to polish stones for a merchant, and resolves to find her a teacher. But Briar understands the city's gangs as well as he understands Evvy. When gang warfare breaks out, he discovers that the fiercest gang is seeking a stone mage to lead them to hidden gems. Only Briar and his magic can offer Evvy protection. Swept up in a bloody conflict, Briar must decide if he's ready to make the final step away from his former life as a "street rat".

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:19:45 -0400)

Former "street rat" Briar Moss must face his past when he discovers a young mage in need of a mentor.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,636,543 books! | Top bar: Always visible