Honeymoon with Murder by Carolyn G. Hart

Honeymoon with Murder (1988)

by Carolyn G. Hart

This one was great. I love all the references the author packs into each novel. It shows the author is a huge fan of a wide variety of mystery novels herself. I was a little put off when I realized that the wedding was going to take place in the book (as opposed to in between them), but the author pulled it off well. The wedding took place in the beginning of the book, and really didn't have anything to do with the mystery, but was nicely worked in. I can't imagine wanting to do anything less on my honeymoon, but with Annie, I can't imagine anything more appropriate. I love that Max always has Annie’s back, and pitches in to help in his own way. I like that Henny jumps in and takes over the investigation, without taking over the story, by doing her own thing, and popping up on occasion as different novel sleuths. This novel was one that was 'solvable', by following clues and paying attention. And you know I love that type of book. Annie does get away with a lot, by justifying it as solving a mystery. And she takes risks that I don't think anyone would really take, at least by themselves. (Why couldn’t she take her new cute hubby along with her?) But all in all a pleasurable read, and a good way to spend the Christmas holidays. :) ( )
  krissa | Jan 5, 2012 |
To Kate, Editor Par Excellence
Jesse Penrick didn't miss much on his solitary nocturnal rambles.

Mystery bookstore owner Annie Laurance and detective Max Darling are finally tying the knot, but a bizarre sequence of events might unravel the marriage before it begins. Following the ceremony, the phone rings and a woman begins screaming bloody murder! The newlyweds rush to the scene of the crime and discover that Ingrid Jones, Annie's bookstore assistant, has vanished, leaving the body of a neighborhood Peeping Tom on her living room rug. Honeymoon plans appear to be going to be delayed while Annie's love of investigation is taking over.

Mystery Bookstore owner Annie Laurance is well-acquainted with murder, but she never imagined one taking place on her honeymoon! A marvelous spoof of New Age mumbo jumbo by an author whose work has been compared to that of Agatha Christie.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,389,125 books! | Top bar: Always visible