Three Times Blessed by Lori Copeland

Three Times Blessed

by Lori Copeland

This book contains a love story that is tragic and common in the old west, but still just as beautiful. The particular book in the series contains a lot of death and sadness. But it also contains hope and blessings. Through the good occurrences and the bad, the characters are able to find their strong suit in the Lord and to continue on. I agree with some that the death did start to get a bit heavy, but in the end it is a great book and just shows more of the good writing from Lori Copeland.

*Thanks to AvonInspire for providing a copy for review.* [b:Twice Loved|2445572|Twice Loved (Belles of Timber Creek #1)|Lori Copeland|http://photo.goodreads.com/books/1255635210s/2445572.jpg|2452766][b:One True Love|6571190|One True Love (Belles of Timber Creek, Book #3)|Lori Copeland|http://photo.goodreads.com/books/1275879229s/6571190.jpg|6764270] ( )
  cherryblossommj | May 28, 2013 |
I loved the cover of this book and thought it went very well with the story line. You can read this as a stand alone book, but I highly recommend you read this series in order as they all 3 really tie in together and you won't feel like you are missing out on anything.

If you liked the way book one began and the way Willow rode into town, then get ready for another grand entrance into Thunder Ridge, Texas by Audrey Pride! Audrey and Copper are moving to Thunder Ridge to be with their good friend Willow and supposedly they both have teaching positions in nearby towns. Thunder Ridge is a town where it never rains, so when Audry and Copper arrive and it starts raining the town is at first thrilled. But the deluge doesn't seem to end, a wagon train is stuck outside their town in the mud and they have an epidemic on their hands. Audrey finds herself helping with the sick, caring for the dead (she gets a job at the morgue because her teaching position falls through) and trying to find a way to let Eli Gray know that she is the girl for him. But Eli has lost his beloved wife in childbirth while he was away at war and isn't ready to open his heart to another. But with all the town is going through, Eli and Audrey find themselves depending upon each other and needing each other.

This book was not as lighthearted as book one, but did have some humor in it. There was alot of sadness going on in the story and alot of rain. At times I would put down my book and forget the sun was shining outside because when reading this story you are living with rain, rain and more rain and Lori Copeland did a good job of making you feel wet and miserable at times. I enjoyed the story and I am going to read book 3 next, which picks up where book 2 left off. A very good series with lighthearted laughter, tender romance, warm friendships and some heated debate by 2 people who you know are going to turn the dislike into love (at least I hope so! I will find out in book 3!). ( )
  judyg54 | Feb 16, 2011 |

This book contains a love story that is tragic and common in the old west, but still just as beautiful. The particular book in the series contains a lot of death and sadness. But it also contains hope and blessings. Through the good occurrences and the bad, the c ...more Three Times Blessed is the second novel of the Belles of Timber Creek and picks up right where the first novel, Twice Loved left off. I am looking forward to the third book in the series One True Love with much anticipation.

*Thanks to AvonInspire for providing a copy for review.* ( )
  cherryblossommj | Sep 7, 2010 |
Rain, rain, death, death,. I found this a most depressing story and so slow moving that I began to skip through the book to find when all of this depressing stuff stopped.
Not one I would recommend. ( )
  echarles18 | Feb 3, 2010 |
Another delightful book from Lori Copeland! From the moment Audrey enters Thunder Ridge, one disaster after another strikes the town, everything from torrential downpours to deadly illnesses. While working hard to care for friends, both old and new, Audrey also tried to win the affection of widdower Eli Gray. Will this single father be able to overcome the pain of his wife's death and love again?

Fully enjoyed this book! It is the second in a series and the reader will understand and enjoy the books more it read in order. I did catch a few errors that the editor missed (such as minor grammar mistaks and calling a person by the wrong name) but it did not stop me from enjoying the book. These are loveable characters in a unique town and it was a pleasure joining them for a while. I look forward to the next book in the series! ( )
  ashleyweb7 | Aug 27, 2009 |

How will Audrey and her fellow schoolmarms stay afloat when a flood threatens their small Texas town?

Typically, Thunder Ridge, Texas, is dry as a bone. But Audrey Pride has arrived under a storm cloud, one that is deluging the shocked community with weeks of relentless, drenching rain. With travel in and out of town rendered impossible, there is much important work for her to do—especially when an epidemic of violent illness, originating from a stranded wagon train, spreads rapidly throughout Thunder Ridge. Caring for the sick is consuming Audrey's every waking hour...yet her thoughts keep returning to the attractive widower Eli Gray.

Eli has long been haunted by the fact that he was away at war when his beloved wife died in childbirth. Little by little, however, he is opening his heart again. Now, as their town sags under the crushing weight of water and disease, Audrey and Eli will need to depend on each other in ways they never imagined possible.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:44:02 -0400)

"A widower, a rainstorm, two hearts struggle for survival"--Cover.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,235,568 books! | Top bar: Always visible