Nocturnal: A Novel by Scott Sigler

Nocturnal: A Novel (2012)

by Scott Sigler

English (10)  German (1)  All languages (11)
Fucking fantastic. ( )
  faerychikk | Jan 5, 2016 |
A paranormal thriller? I guess so. At times terribly graphic violent scenes and actions. Snappy dialog. Comic book plotting. I'm not terribley happy I read this but it read quickly. Set in modern time San Francisco was also a small treat. I don't think I'd recommend this. ( )
  joeydag | Jul 23, 2015 |
Good book. Very interesting story and not as gory as I expected.
Not sure why all the monsters looked the way they did, but that's just about the only quibble I have. ( )
  kevbayer | Jun 20, 2014 |
Monsters, secrets, and a decades-long cover-up. This books has them all, with a little bit of creepy and a good deal of squick thrown in. See, there's this cop who has some issues. Maybe a lot of issues. And he starts running into some weird murders - that he dreamt about. He spends about half the book worried that he's committing them in his sleep. Turns out he's not - it's this kid instead. This seriously weird kid who might not be entirely human. He might be king of the monsters. What monsters? The monster that live under San Francisco and want to kill us all horribly.

This book was interesting, but a little too gory for me. There are interesting crimes and a pretty good cover-up, but the ending was a little dark. Possibly that's the point though - that WE are the monsters and that horrible things happen. ( )
  Runewen | Aug 21, 2013 |
A gripping supernatural crime thriller.

It's been a while since a novel has grabbed me and had me turning pages all day long. I ended up devouring its 500+ pages in two days.

Bryan and Pookie are San Francisco homicide detectives. Pookie is the joker and Bryan is the terminator. Being the top detectives they felt sure they would be assigned to the strange murder of priest. They're not. Things get stranger. Then, even stranger.

The story unrolls quickly, with reveals and twists that will keep you turning pages. The writing is sharp and the chapters short. ( )
  dougcornelius | Jun 27, 2013 |
Für Byrd Leavell, der Dinge möglich macht.
Für Julian Pavia, der mir in außerordentlicher Weise dabei half, diesen Roman zu dem zu machen, was er ist.
Und für A. Kovacs, für den Erhalt meiner geistigen Gesundheit.
"Du bist hier nicht willkommen, Paul."

Something lives deep beneath the streets of San Francsico. Something that has been there for centuries, something that comes out at night ... to feed on the dregs of society. A sub-culture, with its own myths, its own legends of leader named The King that will lead them out of bondage, and their own demon, a hunting shadow known only as Savior.
But the legends of Savior's brutality have faded, the fear passed into stories told to frighten the young ones. When The King finally appears, just as foretold, the Nocturnals know their time has time -- the time to come out from under the streets and hunt humanity in the open.

Experiencing vivid dreams about serial murders taking place in San Francisco, homicide detective Bryan Clauser fears he is losing his sanity and discovers a link between the victims and a young boy who is gripped by the same nightmares.

104 wanted2 pay1 pay

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 103,274,065 books! | Top bar: Always visible