Miss Melville Rides a Tiger by Evelyn E.…

Miss Melville Rides a Tiger (1991)

by Evelyn E. Smith

I remember enjoying some Miss Melville books years ago. This one was disappointing.
Susan Melville, who is now rich and still an assassin, is asked to be on the board of directors of a home for wayward girls supported by the family of an old school friend. The home now seems to be a place for prostitutes to stay while pregnant and the organization seems to be involved in illicit activities. The head of a crime family wants Susan to be on the board and to date her; his manner of speaking is picturesque. The sister of Susan's school friend has an easily guessed secret. There is a new young ruler of an imaginary Moslem nation who wants to do good but there is a problem, which Miss Melville fixes by the end of the book.
Susan's travels around New York are interesting; I must admit that I've never been in Bloomingdale's in the city. ( )
  raizel | May 25, 2016 |
To Charlotte Sheedy with gratitude for her patience and understanding
"How come they're giving a party for us and we wasn't invited?" the red-haired girl demanded.

Asked by loathed schoolmate Begum of Gandistan to join the board of the Rundle Home for Wayward Girls, high-class killer Susan Melville becomes involved in an international dispute and a bizarre and deadly chase.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 136,323,060 books! | Top bar: Always visible