Moonlight Warrior by Janet Chapman

Moonlight Warrior (original 2009; edition 2009)

by Janet Chapman

208856,261 (3.9)1
Member:kferry
Title:Moonlight Warrior
Authors:Janet Chapman
Info:Pocket Star (2009), Mass Market Paperback, 384 pages
Rating:***

Moonlight Warrior by Janet Chapman (2009)

I started this series because I read the first of her next series and wanted to get the background info... this series is the follow up to her 'Pine Creek' series which has background info for this one. Now, you can definitely read this without reading the other series, you just won't get the little nods to her previous books. So, do you HAVE to: no. But, if you're interested in paranormal romance with a good amount of humor and enjoyable characters, why not? ( )
  Half-elf28 | Jun 1, 2016 |
Why would you set a paranormal romance after the hero becomes human and is nothing paranormal?? I don't understand. The only thing remotely interesting would be the hero being an immortal. Without that, it just a boring contemporary romance with a pet dragon. It would have been nice to see Maddy and William be the main story as they were much more engaging then the main characters. Too bad, it would have made the book more bearable. ( )
  Eden00 | May 14, 2016 |
I loved it! Yet another brilliant work by Janet Chapman. Would gush about it but then again that would be spoiling but I will say that I highly recommend reading it especially if you love reading about Highlanders. I can't wait to read the next book. ( )
  Eire2011 | Mar 11, 2016 |
Nice start to another of her paranormal highlander series. Kenzie buys Eve's family farmer and then sets her and her mother Mabel up as housekeepers. Kenzie is trying to help William the dragon become a man again, but it ends up being Mabel that helps with the process.

We'll see how the others go! ( )
  pnwbookgirl | Feb 7, 2016 |
I really didn't like this one that much. I liked the heroine, liked her family and friends, but I HATED the hero. He was like some holier than thou dipstick who acted like he knew better than the heroine and FORCED her to do things his way. I'm sorry, but if my mom had dementia (or Alzheimer's or w/e it was, it wasn't made clear) and she went on a walk down to the ocean and had been gone a long time I would want to make sure she was OK, but the hero acted like it was foolish of her to want to go check on her mother and forcibly stopped her from doing it. Than, later on in the story he acted all concerned about the mother "Oh I think she's getting worse" that kind of thing. I just wanted to grab him and shake him and tell Eve to move out and find someone else because almost ANYONE would be better. ( )
  LaCello | Sep 21, 2013 |
To Ella Lavoie Byram (1913-1995)
I used to look into your eyes and wonder where you were; now I realize you were taking shelter in the hearts of those who loved you. You're still in our hearts, Mama.
Kenzie Gregor politely smiled down at the tiny prattling woman, nodding occasionally.

Eve Anderson is darned tired of Kenzie Gregor meddling in her business. She might be struggling to keep herself and her ailing mother financially afloat, but she's no princess in need of a strong, capable knight in a black SUV to rescue her -- even if he is easy on the eyes. Besides, there's something very odd about him...and she's sure the strange events occurring in their small coastal Maine town are linked to his recent arrival.

Once an immortal warrior cursed to live as a panther, Kenzie is finally free to live and die as a man, and his destiny is to help other displaced souls. Of course, if he can get tiny, blue-eyed, curly blond Eve out of the deal, well...life doesn't get any better. But she's as stubborn and fierce as a lioness, and in order to win her love, he must tempt her with forbidden desires....

Eve Anderson, who harbors painful memories of a past betrayal, keeps her home on an island animal sanctuary off coastal Maine in exchange for helping its handsome and mysterious new owner, Scottish knight Kenzie Gregor.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 109,186,220 books! | Top bar: Always visible