Oxford NIV Scofield Study Bible by C. I.…

Oxford NIV Scofield Study Bible

by C. I. Scofield

Holy Bible - Evangelical Heritage Version (EHV) by Inc. Wartburg Project (lhungsbe)
    lhungsbe: My go-to version of the Bible. No additions or deletions. Easy to read.

Logos Library
  birdsnare | May 16, 2019 |
If you want to know where all the ideas regarding "The End of the World" in Hal Lindsay's "Late Great Planet Earth" and LaHay and Jenkins' "Left Behind" series come from, look no further. Here is the Scofield Reference Bible, based (somewhat loosely) on John Nelson Darby's interpretations, in his "Synopses to the Books of the Bible." Of course there are several other interpretations of the Bible eschatology that don't agree with this one (in particular the Jehovah's Witnesses and the Seventh-Day Adventist interpretations). The upshot seems to be that no matter what interpretation of "End of the World" you choose to believe, you are probably wrong! (The universe does not conform itself to the belief systems of human beings. Get used to it!).

Hmm. Having said all the above, what score should I give this? How about - ( )
  Farree | Sep 30, 2014 |
The "Authorized Version", with topical references to the themes of Scripture, with annotations, summaries, definitions, chronology and index.

Did I mention footnotes? This is the one with footnotes right beneath the note on the same page.

But it is wickedly small print.
  keylawk | Aug 29, 2012 |
Linda Bible ( )
  lshjs2007 | Sep 21, 2011 |
This edition of the Scofield Reference Bible is facsimile (page for page) with the large size, having been reproduced by the photographic process. Printed in two columns, with a centre column for reference and notes. Notes and other renderings at the bottom of each page in the same size text as the scripture. Each page has, in its centre column, the date of the time when the scripture happened. No Apocrypha included.
  DerekT.Rowswell | Mar 13, 2011 |
Please combine only the editions edited by C.I. Scofield here - the 1909 Scofield Reference Bible and its 1917 revision. These can be a little difficult to identify because it's now in the public domain and reprinted by a lot of presses other than Oxford, often with words like "Original" or "Old" in the title. If it's not for the KJV translation, it isn't this one.

The "New Scofield Reference Bible" is a 1967 (and hence in copyright) revision by an editorial committee chaired by E. Schuyler English. It's reprinted under the title "The Oxford Scofield Study Bible". It's a different work, available for at least 4 translations - KJV, NASB, NIV and NKJV.

The "Scofield Study Bible III" is yet a third work, a 2003 revision, again by Oxford, available in quite a lot of Bible translations.
This LT work distinguishes The New Scofield Reference Bible (Oxford University Press; 1967) both from early editions of Dr. C.I. Scofield's The Scofield Reference Bible and from various editions of The Scofield Study Bible. No attempt is yet made at distinguishing between translations (i.e., KJV, RSV, NIV, etc.). Please maintain the distinctions between this "New" work and other editions, but make further separations based on translation as appropriate. Thank you.
There is also an LT work page for various Scofield Study Bibles under C.I. Scofield as the author.

Dr. C. I. Scofield's classic study system and 1917 notes form the core of this definitive resource. A crisp, red letter typeface enhances this Bible's usefulness. Large, 10-point print makes this edition particularly attractive for preacher and people with vision difficulties. Features include book introductions, chronologies, concordance, subject chain references, comprehensive and subject indexes and full color Oxford Bible Maps, with index.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 137,407,490 books! | Top bar: Always visible