Trust Me by Jeff Abbott

Trust Me

by Jeff Abbott

Books For Men Book Reviews! Trust Me by Jeff Abbott
If I could sum up all of Jeff Abbott’s main characters from his catalogue of excellent thrillers in one word it would be unlucky. If I could use two words it would be bloody unlucky!

But if I take that same formula, flip it around and point it at the reader of Jeff Abbott books, then that word would be lucky; because we are bloody lucky that Jeff Abbott continues to share his gift of being able to write edge-of-your-seat stuff time and time again.

To read the rest of this review, please click here:
http://stevenscaffardi.blogspot.co.uk/2013/07/trust-me-by-jeff-abbott-book-revie... ( )
  StevenScaffardi | Jul 21, 2013 |
Not as good as the other Jeff Abbott books, but still pretty good. ( )
  coffyman | Nov 11, 2011 |
Trust ME, do not waste your time!

I picked this one up from my library blind, like I sometimes do when I'm waiting for my holds to come in. I choose a random letter and pick up whatever book is first in that section of Fiction. ('A' being the random letter this time, of course.) Sometimes this works out and I get to read and enjoy a book that I otherwise never would have read. Then there are instances like this one where I pick up a dud and curse myself the whole time I'm reading it.

Honing in on a current and hot topic – terrorism - this is sure to be a hit for some, I suppose. Add to that a cat-and-mouse chase where the mouse is the one with nine lives, as he is able to flee from the bad guys like he is some kind of Jason Bourne character - minus the special training and experience - and I start to lose interest.

If you're into suspense thrillers where completely implausible scenarios keep playing out, to the point where you think the author is sitting back having a laugh while he insults your intelligence, then giver' a go. For me, I'm just bitter about the 4-some-odd hours of my life that I'll never get back, and will seriously be reconsidering my ‘lucky dip’ practices at the library.
1 vote PamelaReads | Aug 5, 2011 |
I have read most of Abbott's books and have like them all but I have to admit that I found this one a bit hard to get into and hard to keep my attention going through it.

Back Cover Blurb:
But to escape he must learn to trust no one and nothing, and to overcome an enemy more powerful than he could possibly realise - an enemy who knows more than he does about the fate of his parents.... ( )
  mazda502001 | Jun 2, 2010 |
Trust ME, do not waste your time!

Check out more of my reviews at BookSnakeReviews ( )
  PeachyTO | Apr 7, 2010 |
For Travis Wilhite, because there is always hope
The old man had spent his entire lifetime surrounded by unimaginable power and wealth - except for today.

Luke Dantry tragically lost his parents when he was a teenager - his father was murdered by a crazed operative, his mother died in a terrible accident. Brought up by his stepfather, Luke now works with him on his research, monitoring extremist groups on the internet. Yet within the seemingly harmless world of the internet lie untold dangers. And Luke suddenly feels the full force of them when he is kidnapped at gunpoint in an airport car park. As an ordinary guy, someone who has led a blameless life, he has no idea why he has been targeted. He only knows that he has to escape - somehow. But to escape he must learn to trust no one and nothing, and to overcome an enemy more powerful than he could possibly realise - an enemy who knows more than he does about the fate of his parents...

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:00:49 -0400)

Working for his stepfather's Washington think tank from the supposed anonymous safety of his computer, Luke Dantry is suddenly kidnapped at gunpoint and left for dead deep in the woods by the home-grown, Web-based terrorists he had been investigating online.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 138,031,219 books! | Top bar: Always visible