Second Sight: A Novel of Psychic Suspense by…

Second Sight: A Novel of Psychic Suspense

by George D. Shuman

Sherry Moore can see the last 18 seconds of a person's life and some of their thoughts at the time. She gets involved in a case where she's exposed to deadly radiation and then to a man who dies in an asylum she suddenly starts to see again, having been blind from quite young.

She becomes curious about the man and starts to investigate, however her investigation puts her into danger and exposes some truths about the past that some people would like to stay hidden.

It's not a bad read but sometimes it just felt rushed and then it would slow right down again. While fairly enjoyable I just wasn't impressed with it and felt that it's potential hadn't been reached. ( )
  wyvernfriend | Oct 18, 2010 |
I was drawn into this story immediately. There are many books with psychic characters out there, but I have never
before run into one where the psychic reads the last moments of a persons life, with a touch of her hand. Interesting concept. I liked it.

Sherry was likable, if a little naive. Perhaps that naivete was meant to come from her blindness, but that is one thing that rang a false chord with me. One who had lived the life Sherry Moore lived, should not have been naive. Vulnerable, maybe, but naive didn't feel right. Regardless, she was a good dependable character with a sens of herself.

Her friend Brigham was a darling man who had taken on a father-like role with her. He became a surprisingly powerful man in the end. Something I had not suspected at all. I liked that too.

The author created many compelling and interesting characters. Along with the good and kind folk, there are some reprehensible characters to balance out the story. They all brought out strong feelings, good or bad.

I thought this was a well told story, with an interesting concept. It held my attention, and I did not feel that the ending was predictable. I recommend this one for anyone who likes a good thriller. ( )
  mckait | Jul 29, 2009 |
Shuman, a retired Washington, D.C., policeman, bogs down in jargon but delivers when he reaches the gist.

In 'Second Sight', Shuman's renowned blind psychic faces off against a fiendish villain bent on her destruction. Sherry fights for her life while confronting a question born of a miraculous medical innovation: Should she reclaim her sight or remain in the darkness that allows her to save so many lives?… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,341,278 books! | Top bar: Always visible