Audition by Michael Shurtleff

"...References and language that Shurtleff used in this book are now out-dated (it was published in 1978), but the information he provides is timeless...The real meat of Audition is the second chapter, in which Shurtleff has outlined his 12 Guideposts. In fact, for the acting class I took, the guideposts were the reason this book was assigned...The rest of the chapters in Audition are full of valuable information as well, but I would strongly recommend this book to actors and aspiring actors if only for the guideposts alone, but the entire book is a valuable (but inexpensive!) resource I'm sure I will refer to time and again as I continue to gradually pursue acting as a hobby."

(For full review, please visit me at Here Be Bookwyrms on Blogger) ( )
  here.be.bookwyrms | May 11, 2015 |
Lots of great advice, unfortunately, it never stuck [sighed the former Braodway star wannabe].
:) ( )
  watertiger | Apr 30, 2009 |
The excellent motivational advice in this books applies to many more fields of endeavor than just acting. ( )
  pzmiller | Mar 9, 2008 |
Temple gave me this before I moved to New York to break into Theatah, calling it The Book. I've seen many an audition, and many an auditioner (we had some great times waiting to go in), but none of them pulled the gum-chewing thing.
  marfita | Dec 30, 2006 |

Michael Shurtleffprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Bob Fossemain authorall editionsconfirmed

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0553272950, Mass Market Paperback)

Michael Shurtleff has been casting director for Broadway shows like Chicago and Becket and for films like The Graduate and Jesus Christ Superstar. His legendary course on auditioning has launched hundreds of successful careers. Now in this book he tells the all-important HOW for all aspiring actors, from the beginning student of acting to the proven talent trying out for that chance-in-a-million role!

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:30:33 -0400)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 97,178,493 books! | Top bar: Always visible