Check out the Pride Celebration Treasure Hunt!

Linger by Maggie Stiefvater

Linger (2010)

by Maggie Stiefvater

Series: The Wolves of Mercy Falls (2)

13 to Life by Shannon Delany (deslivres5)
    deslivres5: teenage werewolves, suspense, romance

English (224)  Spanish (2)  Italian (1)  Dutch (1)  German (1)  All languages (229)
How to ratchet up the teenage werewolf angst? Add rock star and shake. I enjoyed the four voices narration. Sam's singing is still a little hard to take, but it's all part of the angst. ( )
  cindywho | May 27, 2019 |
Really, really good. Things unfolded exactly as they needed to in order to make it possible for a satisfying conclusion in the third book. Nicely done. ( )
  kweber319 | May 13, 2019 |
Wow. Linger picks up right where Shiver left off. It picked up in the best way possible by making it into an even better story. It was wonderful to actually see all the characters from the first book growing along with the introduction of Cole St. Claire who I feel gave the book a new stronger male character just what it needed. If you liked Shiver then you should read Linger. I was more iffy on the whole story after reading the first book, but I'm now very excited to read the last book in the trilogy come summer. Overall I'd say if you kind of liked the first book then you will definitely like the second one more. Though I know the green text would have bothered me if I wasn't reading it on my kindle so keep that in mind. ( )
  rabidgummibear | Nov 28, 2018 |
Poetic is to Shiver as heartbreaking is to Linger. Yes, it was that amazing. It took a bit of reading to convince me that the addition of Cole's character to the cast was a good thing, but I suppose that's what the multiple point of views are for--which, for the record, I hold in high regard. The switches between the four point of views (instead of two, like in Linger's predecessor) are clean and jump from and to appropriate spots in the story, and each of the characters are really fleshed out when readers get to read their thoughts and peer through each of their eyes.

Furthermore, Grace, Sam, Isabel, and Cole are all clearly their own people. There are no mingling of traits--yes, both Sam and Cole are musicians, but their personalities are so unique to each of them that it only emphasizes their shared musicianship. The same holds true when any of the characters are compared to another character, and that's what makes their relationships so wonderful and believable. Grace and Isabel could very well be friends in real life, if they really existed. Everyone's humanity is made clear, and that's what brings them to life. ( )
  whatsmacksaid | Sep 21, 2018 |
In most trilogies or series, the second book is usually not as good as the first, and is almost always my least favorite. And so far this series is living up to that expectation. Of course, I will have to wait until the third Wolves of Mercy Falls book comes out to mete out my final judgment. That's not to say I didn't mostly enjoy this book. But it seemed like the whole book was just one big waiting game - it wasn't until the very end that things started to pick up and there was more action. The ending was pretty predictable (in fact, I knew how it would end before I even read it, as soon as I found out Shiver was the first of a trilogy). But it was the best part of the book. I like that the author continues to write from the different perspectives of the main characters, and adds a couple of new ones. I am looking forward to this summer, when the third book comes out.
  aratiel | Sep 5, 2018 |

Maggie Stiefvaterprimary authorall editionscalculated
Bittner, DanNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Cravens, PierceNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Galvin, EmmaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Lamia, JennaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To Tess, partially for the clever stuff, but mostly for the bits in between the clever stuff
This is the story of a boy who used to be a wolf and a girl who was becoming one.

The sequel to Shiver follows the story of Grace and the wolves of Mercy Falls.

Maggie says: "It's about after. What happens after you discover there are werewolves in the wood, after you've fallen in love for the first time, after you've lost what you think you can't live without, after you've become someone you can't live with."

As Grace hides the vast depth of her love for Sam from her parents and Sam struggles to release his werewolf past and claim a human future, a new wolf named Cole wins Isabel's heart but his own past threatens to destroy the whole pack.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,475,378 books! | Top bar: Always visible