Linger by Maggie Stiefvater

Linger (2010)

by Maggie Stiefvater

Series: The Wolves of Mercy Falls (2)

13 to Life by Shannon Delany (deslivres5)
    deslivres5: teenage werewolves, suspense, romance

English (205)  Spanish (2)  Italian (1)  Dutch (1)  German (1)  All languages (210)
Linger continues to follow the wolves in Mercy Falls. Grace is now sick and not feeling so well, Sam has been "cured" of shifting into a wolf, and Beck created three new wolves. Cole St. Claire being one of them, the lead singer of Narcotica. He had Beck change him to escape his life. As Grace continues to get sicker, her parents continue to try to be parents, even though they have not bothered to be a part of her life up to this point. Isabelle has a connection with Cole that she doesn't want to admit. What happens when Grace leaves home to be with Sam? Does Cole reveal his past to Isabelle? What secrets of the werewolves are revealed. ( )
  Kay_Downing | Apr 28, 2016 |
I didn't finish this book as much as I wanted to I just couldn't. I was bored and tired of the same things happening over and over again. ( )
  gracefranks25 | Apr 24, 2016 |
As Sam recovers, a new wolf is found lying wounded in the woods. Turns out, Beck chose to help this wolf. The wolf's name is Cole and he has a very dark and scarring past. When Cole becomes human again, he finds his way to Isabel's house. Throughout the book, Isabel and Cole have a chemistry floating around. At the middle point of the book, Grace falls ill and has many symptoms of shifting into a werewolf, yet she doesn't. Sam gets banned from Grace's house because her parents don't agree with their love and Grace ends up running away. She runs to Beck's house where Sam is staying at and she gets very sick. Sam takes her to the hospital and they say nothing is wrong, but Sam knows that her inner werewolf that she has never become, wants to shift into one. Cole injects his wolf saliva into her open cut and she shifts into a werewolf and runs off into the forest. The book ended with her in the woods and Sam being worried about her.

I rated this four stars only, because in the beginning of the book, it was kind of boring. The book got better as I went along, though. I admire the love that Sam and Grace have. It to me seems like they were made for each other. Yet, the book lover that I am threw my book across the room when things got complicated with them. The emotions of the book entangled me with it and I loved almost every second of reading it. I would recommend this book to any fiction, romance, werewolf loving type people. ( )
  ClaireC.B3 | Mar 29, 2016 |
It is a cool book but it doesn't keep me interested or invest so much feeling in it. Somehow the series seems cold and distant. I love the covers though, and I will continue but I am not holding my breath. Cool book but not great. Cole and Isabel are a very good addition to the series, I like Isabel.

In my mind Isabel looks something like Adrianne Palicki. ( )
  mrsdanaalbasha | Mar 12, 2016 |
Grace, Sam and Isabel deal with the fallout of [book: shiver]. Sam is still trying to get used to being human instead of wolf during winter, and even bigger, the prospect of having a while human lifespan ahead of him. Grace and he cling to reach other against the mundane but powerful challenges to their relationship. Isabel, meanwhile, is grieving the loss of her brother and trying to figure out how to operate in a world with werewolves. Her chance encounters with Cole, a new werewolf with demons aplenty, are unexpectedly helpful.

The place of this book isn't thrilling, but I liked the portrayal of relationships, romantic or other. For many YA books I struggle to see what characters see in each other, or how they relate, but in these I totally buy their pull. ( )
  wealhtheowwylfing | Feb 29, 2016 |

Maggie Stiefvaterprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Bittner, DanNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Cravens, PierceNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Galvin, EmmaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Lamia, JennaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To Tess, partially for the clever stuff, but mostly for the bits in between the clever stuff
This is the story of a boy who used to be a wolf and a girl who was becoming one.

The sequel to Shiver follows the story of Grace and the wolves of Mercy Falls.

Maggie says: "It's about after. What happens after you discover there are werewolves in the wood, after you've fallen in love for the first time, after you've lost what you think you can't live without, after you've become someone you can't live with."

As Grace hides the vast depth of her love for Sam from her parents and Sam struggles to release his werewolf past and claim a human future, a new wolf named Cole wins Isabel's heart but his own past threatens to destroy the whole pack.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 105,264,178 books! | Top bar: Always visible