Linger by Maggie Stiefvater

Linger (2010)

by Maggie Stiefvater

Series: The Wolves of Mercy Falls (2)

2,329None2,700 (3.91)109
2010 (33) 2011 (12) ARC (13) audiobook (13) ebook (11) fantasy (127) fiction (89) friendship (11) high school (11) love (41) maggie stiefvater (13) Minnesota (23) own (12) paranormal (63) paranormal romance (30) read (21) relationships (12) romance (111) series (42) shapeshifters (10) supernatural (30) teen (34) to-read (46) urban fantasy (23) werewolves (189) wolves (44) Wolves of Mercy Falls (21) YA (92) young adult (153) young adult fiction (14)
    13 to Life by Shannon Delany (deslivres5)
    deslivres5: teenage werewolves, suspense, romance

English (185)  Spanish (2)  Italian (1)  Dutch (1)  German (1)  All languages (190)
*sigh* It was perfectly lovely all the way through, but it was the ending that got to me. In order to avoid spoilers I won't say why. Just that I knew it was going to happen but wasn't sure how, or how I would feel about it.

Most of the book just sort of moved a long, but the end sucked me in and held me tight. I was satisfied with the ending and can't wait to read the next book. HURRY and release it already! ( )
  CharityBradford | Apr 1, 2014 |

CharityBradford | Apr 1, 2014 |
Stiefvater continues to capture the young love and difficult decisions that face teens on the brink of adulthood. Throw in the complications of turning into a wolf in cold weather and you've got a great young adult novel. Looking forward to book three. ( )
  Kraga | Mar 17, 2014 |
See review of entire trilogy here : Wolves of Mercy Falls Trilogy ( )
  lauraodom | Feb 17, 2014 |
So as not to ruin book 1 for anyone who hasn't read it, I'll keep my synopsis simple. Grace and Sam are dealing with a few changes. Meanwhile, Grace's friend, Isabel, meets a new wolf, Cole.

I liked the first one much better. I didn't much like the main characters. Grace and Sam were whiny/angsty/woe-is-me teenagers, and neither Isabel nor Cole were the least bit likeable. The end was pretty good, though. I will likely finish the trilogy, but I wasn't real excited about this one, so I will rate it o.k. ( )
  LibraryCin | Feb 15, 2014 |

Maggie Stiefvaterprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Bittner, DanNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Cravens, PierceNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Galvin, EmmaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Lamia, JennaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To Tess, partially for the clever stuff, but mostly for the bits in between the clever stuff
This is the story of a boy who used to be a wolf and a girl who was becoming one.

The sequel to Shiver follows the story of Grace and the wolves of Mercy Falls.

Maggie says: "It's about after. What happens after you discover there are werewolves in the wood, after you've fallen in love for the first time, after you've lost what you think you can't live without, after you've become someone you can't live with."

As Grace hides the vast depth of her love for Sam from her parents and Sam struggles to release his werewolf past and claim a human future, a new wolf named Cole wins Isabel's heart but his own past threatens to destroy the whole pack.

Two editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,458,258 books! | Top bar: Always visible