Linger by Maggie Stiefvater

Linger (2010)

by Maggie Stiefvater

Series: The Wolves of Mercy Falls (2)

2,4191932,567 (3.92)109
Recently added byMollyO16, siquebella, nycke137, Musefall, cecca, Ginger_reader22, sreeparna, private library
    13 to Life by Shannon Delany (deslivres5)
    deslivres5: teenage werewolves, suspense, romance

English (188)  Spanish (2)  Italian (1)  Dutch (1)  German (1)  All languages (193)
"Linger" By Maggie Stiefvater

*May contain spoilers from the first book*

In "Shiver" Grace and Sam found one another, in "Linger" they must decide if staying together is worth the fight.

Grace is caught between being with Sam and obeying her parents and Sam is battling with inner demons of his own. Throw in the new wolf, Cole and you've got a recipe for disaster.

Cole chose to be a wolf, running from memories that he can only quiet when he is in his wolf form. Unfortunately for him the warmer the weather gets the less peace and solitude he can obtain.

Isabel, although not entirely grieving for her brother still carries with her the guilt of what happened the night that he died.

Maggie pulled off yet another beautifully woven story of love, passion and heartbreak.
Intertwining all the characters, both new and old, she made me care for all of them equally and I found myself emotionally invested in all of their lives, whether it be past present or future.

Until next time,
Ginger ( )
  Ginger_reader22 | Jul 27, 2014 |
Maggie Stiefvater's stories are always a delight to read. Linger was just as great as Shiver. And just when you think you know what's going to happen, she throws a wrench into it all. Wonderful. ( )
  camibrite | May 25, 2014 |
This a great sequel, I really enjoyed it. So its life as usual for Sam and Grace, but now we have the perspectives of Cole and Isabel. Can I just say, nice move Ms Stiefvater, they are funny, sarcastic and immensely likeable.

This was a great continuation of events from the first book, including Grace's parents, *clenches fists in frustration*, can I even get across in writing how much I hate her parents? I seriously hope they get their proper comeuppance in the the final book, because if they don't, I am going to kill someone.

The point of the last book is probably going to be to come up with a solution for a big problem, and I am really looking forward to reading all about it. ( )
  katie1802 | May 10, 2014 |
*sigh* It was perfectly lovely all the way through, but it was the ending that got to me. In order to avoid spoilers I won't say why. Just that I knew it was going to happen but wasn't sure how, or how I would feel about it.

Most of the book just sort of moved a long, but the end sucked me in and held me tight. I was satisfied with the ending and can't wait to read the next book. HURRY and release it already! ( )
  CharityBradford | Apr 1, 2014 |

CharityBradford | Apr 1, 2014 |

Maggie Stiefvaterprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Bittner, DanNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Cravens, PierceNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Galvin, EmmaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Lamia, JennaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To Tess, partially for the clever stuff, but mostly for the bits in between the clever stuff
This is the story of a boy who used to be a wolf and a girl who was becoming one.

The sequel to Shiver follows the story of Grace and the wolves of Mercy Falls.

Maggie says: "It's about after. What happens after you discover there are werewolves in the wood, after you've fallen in love for the first time, after you've lost what you think you can't live without, after you've become someone you can't live with."

As Grace hides the vast depth of her love for Sam from her parents and Sam struggles to release his werewolf past and claim a human future, a new wolf named Cole wins Isabel's heart but his own past threatens to destroy the whole pack.

Four editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,696,009 books! | Top bar: Always visible