Jennifer Johnson Is Sick of Being Married: A…

Jennifer Johnson Is Sick of Being Married: A Novel (edition 2012)

by Heather McElhatton

Member:kellyatfsu
Title:Jennifer Johnson Is Sick of Being Married: A Novel
Authors:Heather McElhatton
Info:
Tags:September 2012

Jennifer Johnson is Sick of Being Married by Heather McElhatton

Here and there I was thinking that this wasn't that terrific a novel, but by the end I was cheering for Jennifer yet again. A great ending. ( )
  pidgeon92 | Apr 1, 2013 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I really enjoyed this book. It is light and breezy and the writing was hilarious. Obviously not a deep thoughts book, but if you are looking for a quick read, pick it up!
  kellyatfsu | Nov 16, 2012 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I received this book through the Early Reviewers. What an interesting read. There were parts I did not love, but I alway try to focus on the positives. I read and I enjoyed it for the most part, but it was not my favorite read. ( )
  Mrsmommybooknerd | Oct 25, 2012 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I recevied this book through Early Reviewers. This was a light read that made me laugh out loud quite a bit. Jennifer has finally married the man of her dreams, or so she thought. Brad turns out to be a jerk in more ways than one.When your mother in-law is living right next door and trying to fit into the country club set things aren't as picture perfect as she had hoped. Jennifer does her best with alot of funny errors along the way. A cute read. ( )
  lisa1121mass | Oct 25, 2012 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I received this book from the Early Reviewers program.

I actually kind of enjoyed this book while I was reading it, but since then, the more I've thought about it, the more irritated I've become. Jennifer marries a guy who is a COMPLETE jerk and then goes through a series of contortions to try to make her marriage work.

While at the time, I was amused to read about what she goes through, looking back on it, my main reaction is why on earth did these two people get married in the first place!!! From the beginning, I never got any sense that they were attracted to each other or liked each other even a little bit.

While there are definitely some humorous bits that were lots of fun to read, the complete disconnect between Jennifer and her husband was really off-putting. ( )
  Camellia1 | Oct 2, 2012 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0062064398, Paperback)

Sometimes tying the knot just means getting strangled

Not too long ago, Jennifer Johnson was stuck in a cubicle, lovelorn and addicted to Cinnabon frosting. Now she's married to her Prince Charming—the handsome, wealthy son of a midwestern department-store magnate. But the grass on this too-manicured other side is not as green as she'd thought.

After a honeymoon from hell at a gated Christian resort in the Virgin Islands—bought and paid for by the in-laws and complete with alcohol-free drinks, curfews, and Satan-free yoga—Jennifer is beginning to have her doubts about the whole "happily-ever-after" thing. Soon she finds herself organizing Valentine's Day abstinence dances with her mother-in-law's church committee and dining with the ladies of the country club, who have their own theories about how to hold on to their men.

Is this really all there is to married life?

From Heather McElhatton, bestselling author of Pretty Little Mistakes and Jennifer Johnson Is Sick of Being Single, comes the next laugh-out-loud chapter in the story of an all-American everywoman whose every thought, flaw, and neurosis is on glorious display.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:22:37 -0400)

Jennifer Johnson is your average American woman...who just so happened to marry the handsome wealthy son of a Midwest department store juggernaut. Not too long ago she was stuck in a cubicle, love-lorn and addicted to Cinnabon frosting, now she has her Prince Charming and all she could have dreamed of.… (more)

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alumn

Jennifer Johnson is Sick of Being Married by Heather McElhatton was made available through LibraryThing Early Reviewers. Sign up to possibly get pre-publication copies of books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 93,356,007 books! | Top bar: Always visible