Atlantis Revelation: A Thriller, The by…

Atlantis Revelation: A Thriller, The (edition 2009)

by Thomas Greanias (Author)

Member:Lanti_Arlit
Title:Atlantis Revelation: A Thriller, The
Authors:Thomas Greanias (Author)
Info:Atria Books (2009), Edition: First Edition, 320 pages
Tags:Atlantis, Thriller

The Atlantis Revelation: A Thriller by Thomas Greanias

I feel that the author never quite took the reader to the next level for me to consider the book at the top of my list of thriller reads. Something always appeared to be lacking in the substance of the material presented. ( )
  linsleo | Mar 4, 2012 |
I found this book so hackneyed and cliched that I didn't bother finishing it. It might have been better had I read the previous books, but this was one book where my impulse pick-up from the staff choices section of my library did me wrong. ( )
  RRedman | Nov 27, 2010 |
The Atlantis Revelation caps a very entertaining trilogy

I was already a fan of Thomas' previous two books, 'Raising Atlantis' & 'The Atlantis Prophecy' - both of those were rollicking fun, totally entertaining, and a great way to escape on intriguing adventures for a few reading hours. I am happy to say that 'The Atlantis Revelation' is a worthy successor in the Atlantis trilogy. It is smart, well-researched, has loads of action, and presents fascinating concepts that kept me interested the whole way through. It takes the reader on a whirlwind journey to interesting places - from Corfu & the Calypso Deep to Azerbaijan to Rhodes to Jerusalem and more.

Mr. Greanias is a talented thriller author who never disappoints. His characters are well-fleshed out & jump off the page with life. His storytelling skills are solid. I have read thrillers and adventure novels where authors got so engrossed in the details of place and technology that they let the story drop, drag, and sometimes nearly evaporate. A thriller needs to be fast-paced with enough detail to make the setting come alive for the reader, but always keeping the story strong and at the forefront of the reader's attention. Thomas strikes that balance perfectly. You can rest assured when you pick up any of the books in the Atlantis trilogy that you will be turning pages super fast.

Great entertainment, highly recommended!

Rai Aren, co-author of Secret of the Sands ( )
  RaiAren | Oct 5, 2010 |
I didn't enjoy this one as much as the first two books by this author. I think this is a trilogy as the three books carry on a story line with the same main characters from one to the next. So, it's a good idea to read them in order. I do like this author and will be waiting for his next book. ( )
  TomWheaton | Nov 9, 2009 |
Archaeologist Conrad Yeats discovers a deadly weapon in the wreckage of a sunken Nazi submarine. Before he can study the weapon, it is stolen by one of the wealthiest men on the planet, Midas. However, Midas fails to kill Conrad and leaves behind a clue that will ultimately lead to a secret order reaching all the major governments of the world.

Conrad goes on a quest to find out what Midas has in mind with the weapon and stop him. He has to face a previous love interest, Mercedes, who is now one of Midas's girls. The only person who can help him is SerenaSerghetti , a Vatican linguist who Conrad loved and lost once. Conrad's quest will lead them both to Jerusalem to uncover secrets beneath the Temple Mount.

This book is a mix of religious and spy thriller. It is the third book in Greanias's Atlantis series. The story does stand alone, however, having not read either of the previous two books, I do feel like I was missing something. The first part of the book was very hard for me to get into. That could be because of having not read the previous books. The rest of the book was an intriguing thrill ride and I enjoyed it very much.

The characters in this book are basically one dimensional, but that is to be expected in this type of fiction. It is always fun for me to read about two alpha males competing against one another. Serena did have a few surprises for me, I will not give anything away, but she plays an interesting role in the conspiracy.

One thing that I did find annoying in the book was the author's constant name dropping near the beginning. This is something I do not care for, others I know have no problems with it. Several famous people are mentioned in the beginning portions of the book. It is conflicting that I find mention of notable people a positive thing in historical fiction, but do not care for it when the notable people are from current culture.

Overall I did enjoy this book and I will add the first two novels to my wish list to read down the road. ( )
  mniday | Aug 5, 2009 |

An archeologist discovers in the ruins of the Third Reich a key to an ancient conspiracy that reaches the highest levels of international governments and involves Hitler's quest for Atlantis.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 134,226,920 books! | Top bar: Always visible