dismiss

Der Kruzifix-Killer by Chris Carter

Der Kruzifix-Killer (original 2009; edition 2009)

by Chris Carter, Chris Carter (Author), Achim Buch (Sprecher), Marlies Ruß (Übersetzer)

When the body of a young woman is discovered in a derelict cottage in the middle of Los Angeles National Forest, Homicide Detective Robert Hunter finds himself entering a horrific and recurring nightmare. Naked, strung from two wooden posts, the victim was sadistically tortured before meeting an excruciatingly painful death. All the skin has been ripped from her face - while she was still alive. On the nape of her neck has been carved a strange double-cross: the signature of a psychopath known as the Crucifix Killer. But that's impossible. Because two years ago, the Crucifix Killer was caught and executed. Could this therefore be a copycat killer? Or could the unthinkable be true? Is the real killer still out there, ready to embark once again on a vicious and violent killing spree, selecting his victims seemingly at random, taunting Robert Hunter with his inability to catch him? Hunter and his rookie partner are about to enter a nightmare beyond imagining.… (more)
Member:CrazyTabasco
Title:Der Kruzifix-Killer
Authors:Chris Carter
Other authors:Chris Carter (Author), Achim Buch (Sprecher), Marlies Ruß (Übersetzer)
Info:Hörbuch Hamburg (2009), Audio CD

The Crucifix Killer by Chris Carter (2009)

English (18)  Dutch (2)  German (2)  All languages (22)
A good page turner, a bit gory in parts.
I will definitely read more from this author ( )
  karenshann | Dec 31, 2019 |
This book is just a one big giant mess, but not in immensely terrible way, but in immensely good way, for on one hand it's filled with so much gore that you find it easy to put it down, ignore it, and put it aside, and on the other hand it's filled with such a twisted story line that keeps evolving throughout the book that you find it immensely hard to put it down, ignore it, and put it aside. It all depends on whether or not you stomach can handle some masterfully written scenes. Which is proof right there that Chris Carter has got a lot of potential to become one of the best Thriller writers out there in a matter of years. For this man has created another man, a truly brilliant man who knows way too much because he reads too much that goes by the name Robert Hunter. Robert Hunter, a homicide detective that fights with and hunts for world's craziest monsters out there who are ready to do anything for justice they didn't receive, and he does it by connecting the dots and solving the craziest crimes committed. So, if you're a thriller book fan, or even a thriller newbie, and your stomach can handle the gore, then don't hesitate, go to the library, or a local book store, grab this book, pay for it, put it on your bookshelf, read it when opportunity presents itself to you, and write a honest review. For if my sincere thoughts and my book reviews mean something after these past few weeks, you shall thank me later and you won't be sorry at all, for Chris Carter is a truly brilliant writer who shall keep you turn page after page after page, all the way to its truly brilliant twist that even shocked my beautiful mind. ( )
  Champ88 | Dec 25, 2019 |
I am still amazed that I never heard of this author until recently. Leave it to your local librarian to make suggestions that are on target! This is the first book by this author in what is now a series starring Homicide Detective Robert Hunter. In this first book, people are being killed in a manner that makes each one suffer unbearably before they are finally killed. It is up to Hunter and his new partner to try to figure out how these deaths are connected and who is responsible for their deaths. We find out along the way why Hunter is alone, what happens when he takes a chance on having a relationship and what happened to his last partner. The action never ceases in this difficult to put down book. I am about to start the second book in this series soon, which says it all. ( )
  Susan.Macura | Mar 30, 2018 |
Admitely, I've debating with myself whether to give this book 2 or 3 stars. In a 0-10 system, I'd probably go with 2,5.

And at the end I decided to adhere to GR's definition of the rating. 2 stars means the book is Ok, and I guess it is.

It was too full of clichés, though, like watching one of those cop movies from the 80-90's. It felt outdated, in a way.

I may understand other people enjoying it, no judgement here. It just wasn't for me. ( )
  Tacuazin | Feb 28, 2018 |
Detective Robert Hunter and his new rookie partner, Carlos Garcia, are on the trail of a vicious and sadistic killer after finding the body of a young woman tied to wooden posts, naked and with the skin removed from her face. Her neck has a familiar carving, that of a double cross symbol which was the signature of a serial killer known as the Crucifix Killer. However, two years earlier the Crucifix Killer was apprehended and killed after committing seven other murders. Since the double cross was never made public, Hunter, who never believed they had captured the true killer, believes the new murders were made by the original killer and not a copycat.

The opening chapter is absolutely riveting and made me eager to find out how it could have happened. The characters were very well written and believable for the most part. I enjoyed Hunter's backstory and his relationship with his new partner. This was an outstanding thriller, especially given that it was the author's debut novel. It's not for the squeamish but if you enjoy the more gritty suspense novels, this is definitely one of the best I've read all year.
  Olivermagnus | Aug 9, 2017 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 143,651,960 books! | Top bar: Always visible