The Accidental Bestseller by Wendy Wax

The Accidental Bestseller

by Wendy Wax

Recently added byJudithDCollins

Loved it! I have read Wendy's newer books (Ocean Drive and Ten Beach Road-which I enjoyed); however, missed this one –so purchased on NOOK and could not put it down. I lived in Atlanta for 17 yrs, so always nice to hear from Atlanta author - read about the familiar places and things in the area and North Georgia (which I love the mountains) as it definitely gets the creative juices flowing as loved Dillard, Clayton, Highlands, Cashiers and Big Canoe.

Wendy has a way of bringing BFFs to a new level! I particularly loved the publishing and writing aspect (as I was a publisher for many years in Atlanta and NY-for commercial real estate and finance), so the editing and publishing was great as there is always lots of drama and deadlines; however, would love to be an inspired writer (only write for websites, design, and articles, blogs), but always an inspiration for a novel one day! The characters were raw, and full of personality and you fall in love with each one of them, as hard to pick a favorite. Great writing – would love to see a sequel here…look forward to reading some of Wendy’s older books! Highly recommend! ( )

| Nov 26, 2014 | edit |
This book is dedicated to every writer--aspiring and otherwise--who has a story to tell, a love of the written word, and a burning desire to see the fruit of their labor on a bookstore shelf. In a prime position. Cover out. With full publisher support behind it.
Kendall Aims's writing career was about to go down for the count on that Friday in July as she hurried down Sixth Avenue toward the New York Hilton.

Once upon a time four aspiring authors met at their very first writers' conference. Ten years later they're still friends, survivors of the ultra-competitive New York publishing world. Mallory St. James is a workaholic whose bestsellers support a lavish lifestyle. Tanya Mason is a single mother juggling two jobs, two kids, and too many deadlines. Faye Truett is the wife of a famous televangelist and the author of inspirational romances: no one would ever guess her explosive secret. Kendall Aims's once-promising career is on the skids-and so is her marriage. Her sales are dismal, her new editor detests her work-and her husband is cheating. Barely able to think, let alone meet her final deadline, Kendall holes up in a mountain cabin to confront a blank page and a blanker future. But her friends won't let her face this trial alone. Together they collaborate on a novel using their own lives as fodder, assuming no one will ever discover the truth behind their words.

No one is more surprised than they are when the book becomes a runaway bestseller. But with success comes scrutiny and scandal...as these four best friends suddenly realize how little they've truly known each other.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:48:38 -0400)

Once upon a time, four aspiring authors met at a writers' conference. Ten years later they're still friends, veterans of the dog-eat-dog New York publishing world.--From publisher's description.

28 wanted2 pay1 pay

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,017,875 books! | Top bar: Always visible