The Accidental Bestseller by Wendy Wax

The Accidental Bestseller

by Wendy Wax

11914101,247 (3.53)8

Four female authors with very different backgrounds have been friends for about 10 years after meeting at a writing organization convention.
Fast forward and one is struggling with her personal life and writing. The friends pitch a plan to help her out.
Enjoyable book and I was very curious as to how it would all work out. I wanted to smack a couple of them a few times though! ( )
  readingfiend | Jun 23, 2013 |
I enjoyed the "inside look" into the publishing industry. I also liked the friendships between the 4 women. I'm a sucker for this type of thing. The ending was very cute. This is a great good feel read. ( )
  Tracey8824 | Apr 3, 2013 |
An entertaining audiobook that will appeal to readers who are fascinated by the lives of contemporary authors, their editors, and publishers. Actually anyone who is intrigued by relationships with secrets will find this engaging, if a bit predictable and over-long. ( )
  sleahey | Mar 6, 2013 |
This book was just not as good as the others that I have read by this author. I know fiction is fiction but the premise of this book made me nervous knowing that the authors would get caught plagiarizing and cheating their publishers… so alls well that ends well but it still left my behind. ( )
  mchwest | Jan 14, 2013 |
The concept of this book pulled me in from the start – a book about authors writing a book about authors! As a reader who is also interested in the industry, the insight from inside was both fascinating and valuable: I don’t think I’ll ever romanticize the idea of becoming an author again after reading this fictionalized account of what it takes to become published.

The four major characters in this novel feel like friends to the reader from early on. Mallory is that person that has everything so together you almost dislike her. Tanya feels like the polar opposite, the friend you know is struggling but is too proud to ever accept your help. Faye is the almost motherly friend you want to turn to when you need someone to cry with. And Kendall has such focused motivation, you want her around to help you find the good in yourself when you don’t believe in it. This makes it all the more difficult as things start imploding and the book they write together has consequences no one intended or ever imagined.

To read the rest of my review, please visit:
http://www.dorolerium.com/?p=1987 ( )
  dorolerium | Dec 31, 2010 |
This book is dedicated to every writer--aspiring and otherwise--who has a story to tell, a love of the written word, and a burning desire to see the fruit of their labor on a bookstore shelf. In a prime position. Cover out. With full publisher support behind it.
Kendall Aims's writing career was about to go down for the count on that Friday in July as she hurried down Sixth Avenue toward the New York Hilton.

Once upon a time four aspiring authors met at their very first writers' conference. Ten years later they're still friends, survivors of the ultra-competitive New York publishing world. Mallory St. James is a workaholic whose bestsellers support a lavish lifestyle. Tanya Mason is a single mother juggling two jobs, two kids, and too many deadlines. Faye Truett is the wife of a famous televangelist and the author of inspirational romances: no one would ever guess her explosive secret. Kendall Aims's once-promising career is on the skids-and so is her marriage. Her sales are dismal, her new editor detests her work-and her husband is cheating. Barely able to think, let alone meet her final deadline, Kendall holes up in a mountain cabin to confront a blank page and a blanker future. But her friends won't let her face this trial alone. Together they collaborate on a novel using their own lives as fodder, assuming no one will ever discover the truth behind their words.

No one is more surprised than they are when the book becomes a runaway bestseller. But with success comes scrutiny and scandal...as these four best friends suddenly realize how little they've truly known each other.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:48:38 -0400)

Once upon a time, four aspiring authors met at a writers' conference. Ten years later they're still friends, veterans of the dog-eat-dog New York publishing world.--From publisher's description.

28 wanted2 pay1 pay

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 93,405,456 books! | Top bar: Always visible