Double Standards by Judith McNaught

Double Standards (original 1984; edition 1991)

by Judith McNaught

Member:dailymigrane
Title:Double Standards
Authors:Judith McNaught
Info:Pocket Books (1991), Mass Market Paperback, 336 pages

Double Standards by Judith McNaught (Author) (1984)

English (7)  Czech (1)  All languages (8)
2.5 stars ( )
  mitabird | Jun 10, 2018 |
Oh my god what can I say about this book ! It is one of those books which I can never get bored with! I really never thought reading would be this much fun and entertaining.Having known no other author apart from Jane Austen I had no idea about Judith Mcnaught books or her writing. This was my first contemporary romance novel and what a great book to start with I was mesmerized. I must say I got obsessed with this book for weeks…hmm..no months I guess. I just love everything about this book from characters to story. Nick and Lauren will be my all time fav romantic couple. I loved the possessiveness of Nick towards Lauren which came to him unknowingly. He will be my favorite novel hero after Darcy! About the writing part I just don’t have words to describe, the way Judith has written, the emotions the intensity just came alive with each characters. She is a genius when it comes to writing about human emotions! Can’t believe this book was written before even I was born! From this novel she became my favorite author. I got so obsessed that I went and purchased a paper back so that I can read when ever I want! (I have already read this book twice)! There is song a called "sex on fire by kings of leon" when ever I listen to that I just close my eyes and this whole novel plays in my mind. ( )
  Versha.Bharat | May 30, 2014 |
One of my guilty pleasures! ( )
  Cailin | Nov 22, 2011 |
This was my first Judith Mcnaught book...... and WOW, What A Book it was!!!!Absolutely loved Nick and Lauren. Nick was sssssooooooo darn smokin' *sigh sigh*.Great story, great characterization, great dialogues... all in all a great book.OHHH & did I mention that Nick is smokin' HAWT!!!!!If you haven't read it yet... Please Do.Not to be missed. Highly Recommended!!!! ( )
  mia0bella | Apr 26, 2011 |
Light romance full of misunderstandings. The hero is kind of a jerk, with trust issues that stem from an unhappy childhood. The heroine is young and innocent; the hero is the jealous type who plays the field. Double standards, indeed. ( )
  readinggeek451 | Nov 20, 2010 |
A great love and true friends are two of life's most precious gifts—and I have been twice blessed for I have had both. This book is dedicated to Kathy and Stan Zak, whose friendship I treasure.
Philip Whitworth glanced up, his attention drawn by the sound of swift footsteps sinking into the luxurious Oriental carpet that stretched across his presidential office.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0671737600, Mass Market Paperback)

Nick Sinclair, the charming and ruthless president of Global Industries, has it all. And when he hires Lauren Danner, he has every intention of having her, too. Used to conquering beautiful women, Nick is surprised to discover that Lauren is unlike any woman he has ever known. She is full of spirited independence and confidence--qualities that make her all the more appealing--and Nick soon loses his heart to her. But Lauren is involved in a dangerous charade, and as her deceit grows, so does her love for Nick. Can she save the man she loves without losing him? This is another Judith McNaught to add to your keeper shelf.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:00:13 -0400)

Hired to spy on Global Industries by a rival corporation, Lauren's secret could destroy her unexpected relationship with Nick Sinclair, Global's handsome president.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,918,412 books! | Top bar: Always visible