Paradise by Judith McNaught

Paradise (original 1991; edition 1992)

by Judith McNaught

When corporate raider Matthew Farrell targets a department store empire, he crosses paths with stunning blonde Meredith Bancroft -- and a once-in-a-lifetime passion and bittersweet memories are rekindled for each of them. Can Matt and Meredith believe in each other at last? Or will a hostile takeover shatter their tenuous trust?… (more)
Member:LaCello
Title:Paradise
Authors:Judith McNaught
Info:Pocket Books (1992), Edition: Reprint, Mass Market Paperback, 720 pages

Paradise by Judith McNaught (Author) (1991)

Star by Danielle Steel (pinkkrypto)
    pinkkrypto: This book reminded me of Star (which is the only Danielle Steel book I like). It's a great romantic story.

My first contemporary by Judith McNaught gave me some of her fun emotional connection and a good amount of eye glazing department and corporate talk. Our leads had an instant connection when they met and I really enjoyed their back and forth tinged with sexual chemistry and sass. Unfortunately, Matt and Meredith don't spend a lot of time together. Their first go at it has them together for a whirlwind six days and then its not until the 60% mark that they get to spend any real time together.

There was way too much corporate world talk for me and caused me to put off grabbing this back up to read. For having a bit older of a publishing date, this still held up pretty well. There was some high drama, with a lot of it coming from Meredith when she was upset, she was portrayed a pretty dramatic; it seemed to be feeding into this time period's love of overstating the thought that women are high strung emotional beings.

I would have liked the corporate talk 80% slashed, Matt and Meredith spending more time together, and less of a rushed ending. ( )
  WhiskeyintheJar | Feb 14, 2019 |
Enjoyable read but some parts were too drawn out. The books does have a solid backstory and the characters are well developed. ( )
  Lauren2013 | May 24, 2018 |
This book is awesome!!!! I'd give 10 stars if possible. Matt Ferrel is a fantastic hero and Meredith is great too. This is a very long book but it is worth it. I recommend it to anybody who loves a beautiful well written story. ( )
  Angelzinhamia | May 12, 2017 |
gave this to a resident to read where I work ( )
  KimSalyers | Oct 1, 2016 |
for the hopeless romantic . . . ( )
  mtlkch | Jun 21, 2016 |

McNaught, JudithAuthorprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Angelo/WestLight, M.Cover backgroundsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Bergen, JulieCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Brindak, HermineCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Eichhorn, LisaReadersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Anyone who is closely involved with me when I'm working on a novel could tell you that it requires certain things to maintain any sort of relationship—including incredible patience, extraordinary tolerance, and the ability to believe I'm actually working when I'm staring off into space.
This novel is dedicated to my family and friends who possess those traits in abundance and who have enriched my life beyond measure:

To my husband, Don Smith, who brings joyous serenity to my life and new meaning to the word understanding.

To my son, Clayton, and my daughter, Whitney, whose pride in me has been a tremendous source of pleasure. And relief.

And to those very special people who offered their friendship and then had to bear more than their fair share of the burden of that friendship—especially Phyllis and Richard Ashley, Debbie and Craig Kiefer, Kathy and Lloyd Stansberry, and Cathy and Paul Waldner. I couldn't ask for a better "cheering section" than all of you.
With her scrapbook opened beside her on her canopied bed, Meredith Bancroft carefully cut out the picture from the Chicago Tribune.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 138,124,541 books! | Top bar: Always visible