A Kingdom of Dreams by Judith McNaught

A Kingdom of Dreams (original 1989; edition 1991)

by Judith McNaught

Info:Pocket (1991), Mass Market Paperback, 464 pages
Collections:Your library, Completed
Rating:****1/2
Tags:Historical Romance, Scotland, Romance, Westmoreland

A Kingdom of Dreams by Judith McNaught (Author) (1989)

The Kingdom of Dreams is the first book of the Westmoreland Saga. I read this book many years ago, and I had this on my list to re read, and since my library didn't have it any longer, I decided I would need to buy it and well worth it in the end!! I loved everything about this book. At first it started out a bit slow, and I was a bit worried that I wouldn't love it as much as I did when I read it the first time. But wow, suddenly I was drawn in so completely I couldn't put it down and I realized what a fabulous couple these two are. Jennifer and Royce are enemies of a sort. Royce is English and Jennifer is a Scot. Jennifer for the past two years has been stuck in a convent as punishment for something she did not do, but cruel machinations from her step brother. Then she finds herself kidnapped along with her sister by Royce and his men. But through the course of events, they end up falling in love.

Oh Man there is so much love that I have for this story, and honestly I can't even begin to express how much I adored these two and what conflict that drives them together...drives them apart and then together again. There are a few misunderstandings that happen between them. And some granted...I can understand why it would cause mistrust. But what was most compelling about this couple, is seeing the way they work through things. It isn't always easy for them, but they don't block out their true feelings for each other. And the emotion that is portrayed is very compelling. From beginning to end I wanted more of these two. I wanted to see what drives them to be together despite what tends to tear them apart on occasion. Kingdom of Dreams is a story that draws two people together, that build a kingdom of their own...a Kingdom of Dreams---full of life, love and laughter.

A Compelling and Riveting romance to keep you on your toes and make every nerve ending come alive!! If you have yet to read this book....grab it up NOW and you won't regret it. A TRUE GEM OF A ROMANCE!! ( )
  addictofromance | Mar 20, 2019 |
Loved it!! ( )
  mhelissa26 | Mar 8, 2017 |
I can't believe I had this book for ages and haven't read it!! the beginning is S-W-E-E-T!! The story is HOT. I loved this book so much! the story is wonderful and the events surprised me all through the book! ( )
  mrsdanaalbasha | Mar 12, 2016 |
  mrsdanaalbasha | Mar 12, 2016 |
Fantastic! I couldn't put it down! Loved Royce and Jenny!

Royce Westmoorland, a/k/a The Wolf, isn't happy when his brother brings him two kidnapped nuns as captives. Then he learns that they are the daughters of his sworn enemy, Laird Merrick. Jenny spent the last two years in an abbey, sent there by her father after his second marriage. Determined to win back the respect of her people, she sets out to protect her sister and escape from the Wolf. She gives Royce a hefty dose of stubborn disobedience and causes all manner of trouble in camp. While still in his custody, she sees a softer side of him and a fierce attraction neither can deny develops.

Feelings on both sides begin to soften, but then the real trouble starts. Outside forces and a slew of miscommunications complicate their lives and tear them apart.

This was one of those great reads, where you just get sucked into an entertaining story. There were wonderful moments of humor, tenderness, heartbreak, and excitement, with well written emotions and characters. The story never dragged for me and resolved very nicely. Reading this was like being on an adventure, wondering what would happen next, and how the couple would possibly resolve the difficult circumstances that arose.

A must read for historical romance readers! ****Adult content**** ( )
  Becky_McKenna | Mar 10, 2016 |
To toothless grins and baby toys;
To Little League games and tears
you wouldn't cry;
To fast cars, pretty girls, and
college football;
To compassion and charm and humor;
To my son.
We've come a long way together, Clary.
"A toast to the Duke of Claymore and his bride!"

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0671737619, Mass Market Paperback)

From sweeping passion to taut suspense, Judith McNaught has entertained millions with a stunning array of emotions in nine dazzling bestsellers. In this beloved classic, "one of the best ever" (Rendezvous), two defiant hearts clash in a furious battle of wills -- in a glorious age of chivalry.

Abducted from her convent school, headstrong Scottish beauty Jennifer Merrick does not easily surrender to Royce Westmoreland, Duke of Claymore. Known as "The Wolf," his very name strikes terror in the hearts of his enemies. But proud Jennifer will have nothing to do with the fierce English warrior who holds her captive, this handsome rogue who taunts her with his blazing arrogance. Boldly she challenges his will...until the night he takes her in his powerful embrace, awakening in her an irresistible hunger. And suddenly Jennifer finds herself ensnared in a bewildering web...a seductive, dangerous trap of pride, passion, loyalty, and overwhelming love.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:09:13 -0400)

Abducted from her covent school, headstrong Scottish beauty Jennifer Merrick does not easily surrender to Royce Westmoreland, Duke of Claymore.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 134,101,792 books! | Top bar: Always visible