Who's Looking Out for You? by Bill O'Reilly

Who's Looking Out for You?

by Bill O'Reilly

I thought this book was great and I feel it should be read by everyone.

Yes, Bill O'Reilly is opinionated. Yes, he goes after certain people with a vengence, and yes he can be described as a consumate conservative. But as he states in his book, it is his right and it must be respected. I agree with most of what Bill O'Reilly writes. I find that he is factual, not because I know what he knows (God knows I don't) but he backs up his statements. My wife did not seem to like this book because O'Reilly mixes clips of his show both on TV and the Radio Factor and she feels that she can get all the information on these shows, and not have to read them here. Fair enough! But I didn't read it that way. O'Reilly pointed out certain individuals behavior and why he feels that they are not looking out for you, then he backs it up with an interview he had either on TV or Radio. I would suggest that Choclaholic, maybe take another read.

OK, so where do I disagree with Mr. O'Reilly. Well disagree is a bad word to use because I am not really against him on any issue. As we all know, Bill O'Reilly is deeply religious, and I definitely respect that. He also, does not shove his religion down our throats in this book, and I highly respect that too. He would like to see an America that goes back to basics on religion like our founding fathers meant it to be in their time. The problem I have here is that Bill does not consider the fact that we are evolving. He also mixes religion with spirituality. Sorry Bill, but I do not need to go to Church to commune with my God. I also don't think that my God is at all interested in the petty rituals the institution called Church instills into the parishoners to mindlessly follow. Close to the end of the book Bill gives some good advice about being independent and having individual thought. I guess it starts here with me Bill. I feel that the real reason 9/11 happened is because a certain few individuals were angry that we don't follow their rituals. I could go on a serious rant here but I won't. I do feel however, that Bill is right about how he sees the degeneration of America and that we need to start seeing it as well.

The last few chapters of this book gives great advice in the humblest of ways. Bill O'Reilly uses his own mistakes to point out the positive and to warn us not to commit those same mistakes. ( )
  DVerdecia | Jan 29, 2016 |
Pretty good book by the surprisingly moderate Bill O'Reilly. He uses some material you may have read in one of Michael Savage's books concerning the NAMBLA. However, it is overall, a good book. ( )
  GeorgeBarr | Aug 27, 2010 |
I really tried to keep an open mind while reading this and, truthfully, there are some points upon which I agree. But O'Reilly is such a narcissistic, sanctimonious jackass that it's hard for me to care. ( )
  jwcooper3 | Nov 15, 2009 |
Like Bill's past books, Who's Looking Out for You? isn't wretched or anything. There's just not really any deep insight in it- unless you really didn't already know that corporations are out to make money hand over fist, ethics be damned, and politicians are mostly self-serving scumbags whose actual concern for the citizen is inversely proportional to how much they profess to care (i.e. Hillary). I bought this at the airport, and it got me through the flight; it did, so I guess it was a success to that extent. ( )
  badgenome | Oct 23, 2007 |

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0767913795, Hardcover)

As he did in his bestselling books The O'Reilly Factor and The No Spin Zone, TV and radio host Bill O'Reilly again blasts a host of selfish and corrupt individuals and institutions for threatening the nation's well-being--no surprise there. What is surprising is the personal tone of Who's Looking Out For You, which is as much self-help as social or political commentary. Is O'Reilly getting soft? Hardly. He still packs a punch, but this time he mixes tales of outrage with practical advice gleaned from his own experiences and mistakes. The underlying theme of the book is trust. If you can identify and associate with those that deserve your trust, he argues, you will get along well in both your personal and professional life. Among those external forces undeserving of trust, according to O'Reilly, are the media (particularly harmful to children, he warns), the legal system, and the government: "Our federal government is not good at helping real people who have real problems, and it doesn't care about the money you give it as long as that revenue train keeps chugging along," he writes. He also hammers the INS for their lax stance on illegal immigrants and the damage it has caused the country, irresponsible parents, secularists, network news executives, ideologues, and minority leaders who foster hatred in order to serve their own interests, to name just a few offenders. Though some of his advice tends toward the obvious, it is hard to argue with his emphasis on self-reliance, especially at a time when the answer to the question posed in his title seems to be "just me." It's a good bet that many readers will also add Bill O'Reilly to this list. --Shawn Carkonen

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 17:58:14 -0400)

Makes charges about how politicians, the clergy, and families are failing to protect those in their care, presenting strong statements about personal responsibility and self-reliance in today's uncertain world.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 109,791,202 books! | Top bar: Always visible