The Dead-Tossed Waves by Carrie Ryan

The Dead-Tossed Waves

by Carrie Ryan

Series: The Forest of Hands and Teeth (2)

1,1831226,798 (3.77)1 / 34

Amazing, action packed, mysterious, romantic, emotional turmoil, death/love, this book has it all. It starts off with Gaby the small girl found on the trail in The Forrest of Hands and Teeth, she's nearly grown up. Her life is thrown into a non-ending hellish rollar-coaster ride after one innocent mistake. The story breaks your heart, makes you sweat and has you cheering. Fantastic writing, I couldn't put it down. Warning cliffhanger ending ! Can't wait for the next book. ( )
  TheYodamom | Jan 29, 2016 |
Better than the first book. Gabrielle is a more sympathetic character than her mother was. ( )
  keindi | Jan 23, 2016 |
The Dead Tossed Waves is about a girl named Gabry who lives in a town next to the sea. Later in the book Gabry has to uncover her mothers secrets in the forest of hands and teeth. The militia and the Mudo are enemy's, the militia are the ones who protect the barrier and the Mudo are the monsters of the forest. Soon the Mudo breach the barrier and Garbys whole world changes. Graby and Catcher like each other but later in the book that changes into enemies. The Recruiters, not nice people, soon find their way to Graby, Catcher, and Elias. They escape the Recruiters and find the path way and head to the Dark City.
In my opinion the book was eciting but it wasn't as good as the first book, The Forest Of Hands And Teeth. But it was good enough for me to want to read the third book, The Dark And Hallow Places. The Dead Tossed Waves was difficult to get because there were a lot of characters and a lot of main characters. I didn't like the part when Graby and Catcher kissed In the middle of a war between the Muge and the militia, and that they ever liked each other at all. Plus The whole time I wondered what happened to Marry from the first book. In my opinion the book was exiting, but not to much but just enough to make me want to read the third book.
  wyliep.b4 | Jan 22, 2016 |
Didn't like this one as well as the first one, but still enjoyed it and couldn't put it down. ( )
  CassandraSabo | Dec 5, 2015 |
So, we jump a whole generation to the next kid. Nothing from the first one is explained, really. Mary is now an enigmatic figure, whilst Gabrielle seems to worry more about which boy to pick then the Unconsecrated trying to eat her. Methinks that would be priority one, even for a silly teenager. I find myself comparing this to Twilight, which I despise.. I don't know if I'll read the next one, going to take a break from it for a while. And still, no real answers as to some of the previous stuff. I'll give it a solid "meh" ( )
  Vinbert | Nov 22, 2015 |

Carrie Ryanprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Sands, TaraNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
to Roberta Hatch

the light on the horizon that means home

to Douglas Keith Kidd

for loving her, and all of us, so much

and to love at first sight (and Chiquita bananas)
The story goes that even after the Return they tried to keep the roller coasters going.

From Amazon: Gabry lives a quiet life. As safe a life as is possible in a town trapped between a forest and the ocean, in a world teeming with the dead, who constantly hunger for those still living. She’s content on her side of the Barrier, happy to let her friends dream of the Dark City up the coast while she watches from the top of her lighthouse. But there are threats the Barrier cannot hold back. Threats like the secrets Gabry’s mother thought she left behind when she escaped from the Sisterhood and the Forest of Hands and Teeth. Like the cult of religious zealots who worship the dead. Like the stranger from the forest who seems to know Gabry. And suddenly, everything is changing. One reckless moment, and half of Gabry’s generation is dead, the other half imprisoned. Now Gabry only knows one thing: she must face the forest of her mother’s past in order to save herself and the one she loves.

Gabry lives a quiet life in a town trapped between a forest and the ocean, hemmed in by the dead who hunger for the living, but her mother Mary's secrets, a cult of religious zealots who worship the dead, and a stranger from the forest who seems to know Gabry threaten to destroy her world.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 103,083,713 books! | Top bar: Always visible