The Dead-Tossed Waves (Forest of Hands and…

The Dead-Tossed Waves (Forest of Hands and Teeth, Book 2) (edition 2010)

by Carrie Ryan

1,0881097,657 (3.78)1 / 30
Member:Bookswithbite
Title:The Dead-Tossed Waves (Forest of Hands and Teeth, Book 2)
Authors:Carrie Ryan
Info:Delacorte Books for Young Readers (2010), Hardcover, 416 pages
Rating:*****

The Dead-Tossed Waves by Carrie Ryan

Recently added byMirandalg14, etbm2003, BillieBook, coralily, Cina, private library, ghostbird, DBReads, MABoone

Possibly my least favorite of the series. Obviously if you want to understand where book 3 starts, then you need to read this. I did find some of the characters to be extremely annoying in certain spots. Not as powerful as Book 1, and not as healing as Book 3. ( )
  Tigerlily12 | Jul 9, 2014 |
Book 2. I enjoyed it and I did definitely come back for more. We get to see a little bit of the main character from book one. But again I'm not overly fond of her. The main character here - sorry names slippping my mind....Gabry yes. She seems a bit fickle to me but I liked that she seemed to have alot of determination.

This gets a solid 4 stars from me - it made me really want to see what what happen and the end of this trilogy. ( )
  Pabkins | Jun 24, 2014 |
Better than the first. Yaaaaaay.
  GrytaJME | May 27, 2014 |
Better than the first. Yaaaaaay.
  GrytaJME | May 27, 2014 |
I really loved "The Forest of Hands and Teeth". Now Ms. Ryan doesn't disappoint with her newest book. It was fascinating, seeing what happened with Mary, the story of Gabry, and the other characters. It is hard to imagine just what it must be like, to be surrounded by the undead, living within walls and fences, shoved back into a time when lights come from candles and transportation is your own two feet. I can hardly wait for her next edition to come out.

As I read these books, I can't help be see lines of coexistence --- the rampant consumerism of the average American 'eating away' at us all. But then, that's just me (*wink*). Overall, as much as I wanted to throttle a couple of the characters a few times, I wouldn't trade the experience of the books. Wonderful. ( )
  soireadthisbooktoday | May 4, 2014 |

Carrie Ryanprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Sands, TaraNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
to Roberta Hatch

the light on the horizon that means home

to Douglas Keith Kidd

for loving her, and all of us, so much

and to love at first sight (and Chiquita bananas)
The story goes that even after the Return they tried to keep the roller coasters going.

From Amazon: Gabry lives a quiet life. As safe a life as is possible in a town trapped between a forest and the ocean, in a world teeming with the dead, who constantly hunger for those still living. She’s content on her side of the Barrier, happy to let her friends dream of the Dark City up the coast while she watches from the top of her lighthouse. But there are threats the Barrier cannot hold back. Threats like the secrets Gabry’s mother thought she left behind when she escaped from the Sisterhood and the Forest of Hands and Teeth. Like the cult of religious zealots who worship the dead. Like the stranger from the forest who seems to know Gabry. And suddenly, everything is changing. One reckless moment, and half of Gabry’s generation is dead, the other half imprisoned. Now Gabry only knows one thing: she must face the forest of her mother’s past in order to save herself and the one she loves.

Gabry lives a quiet life in a town trapped between a forest and the ocean, hemmed in by the dead who hunger for the living, but her mother Mary's secrets, a cult of religious zealots who worship the dead, and a stranger from the forest who seems to know Gabry threaten to destroy her world.… (more)

Two editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,098,170 books! | Top bar: Always visible