Demonglass (A Hex Hall Novel) by Rachel…

Demonglass (A Hex Hall Novel) (edition 2012)

by Rachel Hawkins

Series: Hex Hall (2)

Member:archerygirl
Title:Demonglass (A Hex Hall Novel)
Authors:Rachel Hawkins
Info:Hyperion Book CH (2012), Edition: Reprint, Paperback, 384 pages
Collections:Read but unowned
Rating:***
Tags:fiction, magic, fantasy, young adult

Demonglass by Rachel Hawkins

Evernight by Claudia Gray (JRlibrary)
    JRlibrary: Both books involve a romance that shouldn't be allowed to happen; where the person the main character falls for is "the enemy" and someone to be avoided. They are also both series. Read Hex Hall before you read Demonglass though, since Demonglass is book two in the series.… (more)

English (112)  Italian (1)  Piratical (1)  All languages (114)
This book didn't have the same "cute" feeling that Hex Hall did. I still liked it but it was much more action oriented. Sophie is still flawless though! ( )
  uhohxkate | Jan 31, 2016 |
This YA book had me siting on the edge of my seat. Amazing intrigue, mystical events and tears fill the pages. If you read Hex Hall, you do not want to miss this one !
Sophie travels to England with her absent Father to learn her Demon ways. She travels with her friend the vampire Jenna and Cal to this wonderfully huge house in the English countryside. there they meet several new and dangerous characters that shed an dark light on events happening in their world. Sophie learns she has a betrothed, stirring new feelings. Archer is still out there, still with the Eye. They meet up again under terrible circumstances.... ( )
  TheYodamom | Jan 29, 2016 |
The 2nd in the Hex Hall Series. Sophie travels to England to stay with her dad and of course a whole bunch of stuff happens. ( )
  i.should.b.reading | Jan 15, 2016 |
Sophie, Jenna and Cal go to England to stay with Sophie's father so that she can learn how to control her powers and make an informed decision about going through the removal. The Eye is still after Sophie and they still seem to be using Archer to do it. Or are they?

I still really like Sophie. She is still sarcastic and fun and watching her learn about her father and what he's like is definitely interesting. He doesn't come across as someone who would keep such a huge secret from Sophie as what she was and I do wish we had gotten some insigth into.

I will say that I am extremely sick of the whole love triangle thing in YA. Archer and Sophie are star-crossed lovers. Does Cal really need to be in love with Sophie? Was it really necessary? I just felt like the whole star corssed lovers thing was enough especially when you include the developing relationship with her dad and the politics of the council. I'm also just kind of over Archer as a whole. He didn't feel as developed in this book as he did in the last and I was honestly just getting sick of him.

The Committee itself came across as interesting and dangerous. There seemed to be an extreme lack of checks and balances in the structure and I could feel both Sophie and her father's frustations with it.

The book ends on a cliffhanger and in a way that almost makes me wonder if it's a complete book or a just a bridge to a third volume. Enough happens that it definitely works as a full book, but I feel like too much happens too. It doesn't feel like it has it's own independent story because none of the plot threads feels entirely resolved (even though one kind of is.) For some reason this whole thing just felt unfinished to me and as of right now I just can't shake that feeling. ( )
  Rosa.Mill | Nov 21, 2015 |

Rosa.Mill | Nov 21, 2015 |
For John, who said, "You know what this book needs? More fire. And maybe some swords" This one time, honey, you were right.
At a normal high school, having class outside on a gorgeous May day is usually pretty awesome.

Sophie Mercer's first term at Hex Hall turned out to be quite eventful. First the ghost of her evil grandmother haunted her every move, then her best friend was accused of murder and of course there was the discovery that Archer Cross, aka the boy of her dreams, was actually an undercover demon hunter - which would probably be something she could have worked on, if she hadn't also discovered that she was actually the demon Archer was hunting...So, despite their issues, Sophie is actually relieved to be spending the summer in London with her father. But when your father is Head of The Council of Prodigium and your summer is being spent at the headquarters of everything magical, then a quiet holiday isn't really that likely. And, as Sophie struggles to come to terms with her new found demon powers, she finds herself thrust once again into a world of dark magic and conspiracies. The only thing that could possibly make things more complicated would be for Archer Cross to show up again, which of course he wouldn't, would he?

After learning that she is capable of dangerous magic, Sophie Mercer goes to England with her father, friend Jenna, and Cal hoping to have her powers removed, but soon she learns that she is being hunted by the Eye--and haunted by Elodie.

Tantor Media

An edition of this book was published by Tantor Media.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 103,194,047 books! | Top bar: Always visible