Demonglass (A Hex Hall Novel) by Rachel…

Demonglass (A Hex Hall Novel) (edition 2012)

by Rachel Hawkins

Series: Hex Hall (2)

697None13,557 (4.24)37
Member:archerygirl
Title:Demonglass (A Hex Hall Novel)
Authors:Rachel Hawkins
Info:Hyperion Book CH (2012), Edition: Reprint, Paperback, 384 pages
Collections:Read but unowned
Rating:***
Tags:fiction, magic, fantasy, young adult

Demonglass by Rachel Hawkins

2011 (11) boarding school (12) demons (36) ebook (6) England (9) faerie (5) fantasy (46) favorites (4) fiction (33) Hex Hall (11) Kindle (4) magic (24) mystery (4) own (4) paranormal (23) paranormal romance (10) read (10) read in 2011 (8) romance (9) series (15) supernatural (13) teen (9) to-read (48) unread (4) urban fantasy (16) vampires (22) werewolves (3) witches (37) YA (38) young adult (53)
    Evernight by Claudia Gray (JRlibrary)
    JRlibrary: Both books involve a romance that shouldn't be allowed to happen; where the person the main character falls for is "the enemy" and someone to be avoided. They are also both series. Read Hex Hall before you read Demonglass though, since Demonglass is book two in the series.… (more)

English (93)  Italian (1)  All languages (94)
Boo! A massive cliffhanger ending, but I loved it and can't wait for Book 3. ( )
  sojo817 | Mar 15, 2014 |
Another fantastic book in the series. ( )
  MrsBakitch | Nov 13, 2013 |
I feel like I've been punk'd. No, seriously, that's the end? Really? REALLY?

I can't say anything else right now because all I can think is ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

*ahem* ( )
  CreativeJunkie | Sep 23, 2013 |
Oh my goodness! I can't believe the final book doesn't come out until March 2012! What a great story. ( )
  kbsparks | Sep 23, 2013 |
A fun and quick read. Demonglass suffers a little number two syndrome- clearly a bridge between book one and book three of a trilogy, I didn't feel like anything was resolved and it was a little frustrating to end on such a cliffhanger. Quite a few new characters introduced, but we don't get to know them completely. Regardless, it has been years since I read Hex Hall, and it was no problem diving back into Sophie's world, and good thing I waited- now I have Spellbound to start reading immediately! ( )
  kateminasian | Sep 23, 2013 |
For John, who said, "You know what this book needs? More fire. And maybe some swords" This one time, honey, you were right.
At a normal high school, having class outside on a gorgeous May day is usually pretty awesome.

Sophie Mercer's first term at Hex Hall turned out to be quite eventful. First the ghost of her evil grandmother haunted her every move, then her best friend was accused of murder and of course there was the discovery that Archer Cross, aka the boy of her dreams, was actually an undercover demon hunter - which would probably be something she could have worked on, if she hadn't also discovered that she was actually the demon Archer was hunting...So, despite their issues, Sophie is actually relieved to be spending the summer in London with her father. But when your father is Head of The Council of Prodigium and your summer is being spent at the headquarters of everything magical, then a quiet holiday isn't really that likely. And, as Sophie struggles to come to terms with her new found demon powers, she finds herself thrust once again into a world of dark magic and conspiracies. The only thing that could possibly make things more complicated would be for Archer Cross to show up again, which of course he wouldn't, would he?

After learning that she is capable of dangerous magic, Sophie Mercer goes to England with her father, friend Jenna, and Cal hoping to have her powers removed, but soon she learns that she is being hunted by the Eye-- and haunted by Elodie.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,493,974 books! | Top bar: Always visible