Demonglass (A Hex Hall Novel) by Rachel…

Demonglass (A Hex Hall Novel) (edition 2012)

by Rachel Hawkins

Series: Hex Hall (2)

Member:archerygirl
Title:Demonglass (A Hex Hall Novel)
Authors:Rachel Hawkins
Info:Hyperion Book CH (2012), Edition: Reprint, Paperback, 384 pages
Collections:Read but unowned
Rating:***
Tags:fiction, magic, fantasy, young adult

Demonglass by Rachel Hawkins

Evernight by Claudia Gray (JRlibrary)
    JRlibrary: Both books involve a romance that shouldn't be allowed to happen; where the person the main character falls for is "the enemy" and someone to be avoided. They are also both series. Read Hex Hall before you read Demonglass though, since Demonglass is book two in the series.… (more)

English (104)  Italian (1)  Piratical (1)  All languages (106)
This series just got a whole lot better. Where the first book was quirky and superficial, this one was a bit darker, but there was still that "good" feel to it.

We see Sophie dealing with bigger and badder problems, and with seemingly no way out.

Normally, I don't really like love triangles, but in this book I was quick to choose a team and yell at Sophie "PICK HIM! PICK HIM!".

What really makes this series for me is the main character. I love the way that Sophie is. I'd be best friends with her in a heartbeat, because we're so similar.

I loved the way that the author made us doubt of everyone, and also the way that she made Sophie evolve into her powers.

Overall, a great book with many twists and turns. There's a lot of action and even a bit of romance. 4.5 stars. ( )
  | Jul 1, 2015 | edit |
Sophie is a teen demon with all the angst of a regular teen plus the stress of learning to control her powers. She is crushing on a witch killing witch and betrothed to a healer...This was the second in a series and I am looking forward to the third. ( )
  mlake | Apr 28, 2015 |
When I finished reading Hex Hall, I couln't wait to start with Demonglass, although I was a little worried that it wouldn't be as good as Hex Hall.

That worry was completely unfounded, I'm happy to report. In Demonglass, the story started in Hex Hall is taken to breathtaking new heights with more of the characters you've come to enjoy and grow fond of. The developing love triangle between Sophie, Archer and Cal is believable and I thoroughly enjoyed the lesbian relationship between Victoria and Jenna. MOAR LGBT RELATIONSHIPS IN YA PLOX.

All in all a highly satisfying sequel adhhering closely to the "the same but different" rule. Hey, there's a reason why this rule is there: it works!

Who would like this? If you liked Hex Hall, it's difficult to see how you wouldn't like Demonglass. ( )
  Leia-Ann | Apr 27, 2015 |
While I realize that the purpose of a cliffhanger ending is to get you to read the authors next book, I would appreciate a little more closer then this author seems to want to provide. The book was slow moving and I couldn't really get into it the way I did the first one. There are too many questions left unanswered at the end, and i'm not sure I will bother reading the next book to get them. ( )
  PrescottKris | Jan 26, 2015 |
A fun and quick read. Demonglass suffers a little number two syndrome- clearly a bridge between book one and book three of a trilogy, I didn't feel like anything was resolved and it was a little frustrating to end on such a cliffhanger. Quite a few new characters introduced, but we don't get to know them completely. Regardless, it has been years since I read Hex Hall, and it was no problem diving back into Sophie's world, and good thing I waited- now I have Spellbound to start reading immediately! ( )
  kateminasian | Nov 22, 2014 |
For John, who said, "You know what this book needs? More fire. And maybe some swords" This one time, honey, you were right.
At a normal high school, having class outside on a gorgeous May day is usually pretty awesome.

Sophie Mercer's first term at Hex Hall turned out to be quite eventful. First the ghost of her evil grandmother haunted her every move, then her best friend was accused of murder and of course there was the discovery that Archer Cross, aka the boy of her dreams, was actually an undercover demon hunter - which would probably be something she could have worked on, if she hadn't also discovered that she was actually the demon Archer was hunting...So, despite their issues, Sophie is actually relieved to be spending the summer in London with her father. But when your father is Head of The Council of Prodigium and your summer is being spent at the headquarters of everything magical, then a quiet holiday isn't really that likely. And, as Sophie struggles to come to terms with her new found demon powers, she finds herself thrust once again into a world of dark magic and conspiracies. The only thing that could possibly make things more complicated would be for Archer Cross to show up again, which of course he wouldn't, would he?

After learning that she is capable of dangerous magic, Sophie Mercer goes to England with her father, friend Jenna, and Cal hoping to have her powers removed, but soon she learns that she is being hunted by the Eye--and haunted by Elodie.

Tantor Media

An edition of this book was published by Tantor Media.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 98,411,180 books! | Top bar: Always visible