Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick

Hush, Hush

by Becca Fitzpatrick

Series: Hush, Hush Saga (1)

The Mortal Instruments Series (Books 1-3) by Cassandra Clare (ldelprete)
    City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare (stephxsu)
    Evermore by Alyson Noël (Sukisue7)
    Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr (fyrefly98)
    Blue Moon by Alyson Noël (Sukisue7)
    Angelology by Danielle Trussoni (PandorasRequiem)
    The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins (ldelprete)
    ldelprete: also read Catching fire, the second book in this series.
    Angelfire by Courtney Allison Moulton (bibliojunkies)
    The Watcher by Lisa Voisin (stevensclare)
    stevensclare: About fallen angels.
    Lament by Maggie Stiefvater (Maid_Marian)
    Twilight by Stephenie Meyer (stephxsu, cattwing)
    Halo by Alexandra Adornetto (becksdakex)
    Wings by Aprilynne Pike (Kyana3)
    Kyana3: Bijna alle boeken waarin liefde en fantasy gecombineerd worden zijn schitterend! Ook "Wings" is zo'n boek. Net als in "Drift" weet de hoofdpersonage ook niets van het geheimzinnige gedoe rondom haar. Tot ze plots zelf een deel van het geheim wordt...
    A Job From Hell by Jayde Scott (Anonymous user)
    Fallen Angel by Kim Wilkins (KimarieBee)
    Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor (Soupdragon)

English (424)  Spanish (3)  All (2)  Hungarian (1)  Aragonese Spanish (1)  Italian (1)  All (432)
Read my full review here: Review at stephhwilliams.com
Warning: contains spoilers. ( )
  stephhwilliams | Jul 12, 2017 |
Some people will like this if they are into stalker-ish kind of love or the paranormal mystery. It was mysterious, yes, but I did not get the feel of liking it.

Nora thought she was normal until her life was in the brink of death. Some supernatural beings somewhat possesses her and forging her reality. And these supernatural feelings tend to stalk her because they wanted something from her either love or hate. They were angels (fallen or partly angels). Patch was the fallen angel who tried to sacrifice her to have a human body but fell in love with her.

Nora was full of: Patch looks dangerous but alluring, wanted to run but can not move her body (Run ad infinitum), and Patch have that mysterious thing that draws her into him even though he looks frightening. Frightening? How would you be allured if a guy looks frightening? If a guy looks frightening, I bet he looks like a zombie, a ghost or an anaconda or something. jk.

On the other hand, her friend Vee was so desperate with boys. I really hate her character, so annoying. A friend should support her friend and not force her to date guys just because, well, good looking. It was always her fault why Nora's always in trouble. And her attitude of very excited to discuss sex was a little disturbing. I mean, could you be more indiscreet? And speaking of that lesson, their biology teacher was teaching them attraction and stuff that will lead to sex, wasn't it a little off? Biology is study of life and not how to make...you got the picture. (but no worries, it does not contain PG stuff)

But there's humor in it, I find some retorts good. I like the last 1/3 of it. ( )
  phoibee | Apr 23, 2017 |
This book is hands down one of the best books i have ever read! This book is suspenseful,romantic,and will keep you flipping pages and wanting more!I would recommend this book for people who love fallen angel books and also fantasy and romance books. It will leave you hanging on every word. Becca Fitzpatrick has done a brilliant job with this book! The best part is its also a series! This book has thrilling sequences and describes action in great detail. I would hands down give this book 5 stars heck, i'd probably give it 20 stars if i could! Read this book because it has the power to take you into a world like never seen before! So, what are you waiting for? Got o Barnes and Noble or the library and read this book NOW! ( )
  Ajohnson.B4 | Apr 11, 2017 |
This book is about a girl who goes to high school and lives a normal life. Then one day this boy named Patch comes to school and "hits" on the girl. They start to come closer and she learns that he is a Fallen Angel according to the two big and long scars on his back. She gets caught in this war between the "Fallen Angels" and the "Nephilim". The Nephilim are people who are "tall and muscular" as said in the book(s) they also tear the wings off Fallen Angels as a trophy.

This is an amazing book. It is based on a religion the believes in Fallen or Not Fallen Angels and people called Nephilim that tear off the wings of angels to "create" fallen angels. If i could read it again i would a thousand times plus the series that it is in. I highly recommend this book to many people. This is 1/4 book of this series.
  luisalucas101 | Mar 23, 2017 |
This was a book I bought just based on its cover. The cover artist should get paid tons for this. It really draws you in. As far as the book itself goes, not so bad. I had a hard time putting it down. It definitely kept me reading into the night. The only thing was it seemed to be somewhat disjointed at times. The author would mention something that would seem super important, but then never return to it. It also had a few loose ends that really needed to be tied. But overall, I thought it was good first book. I would read other things by this author. ( )
  annabw | Feb 21, 2017 |
This book is ON FIRE! It's downright fantastic--from the book cover which is just tempting until the very last page. I finished this book in just one sitting. I actually read this book twice in one week. And I just love my best friend for lending me this book because I know I'll be missing half of my life if I hadn't read this.

Moving on, the concept of the story was very well defined. I simply adore how Becca made the story incredibly without trying too hard. The writing was just awesome and there were remarkable dialogues. The characters complement each other very well and they are easy to like.

...första delen av en rad böcker om Bella, förlåt, Nora som träffar en mörk, sexig, vältränad, mystisk och lite farlig kille på gymnasiet, Edward, förlåt, Patch.
added by Jannes | editDagens Nyheter, Steven Ekholm (Aug 30, 2010)

In a thrilling debut with an attention-grabbing cover, this game of revenge among fallen angels with Nora caught in the middle has too many coincidences to move the plot along and an uneven, rushed ending. Twilight readers will either squeal over the forbidden romance between Nora and Patch and the steamy scenes they generate or sigh over another helpless young woman torn between sexuality and fear and threatened and manipulated by males who play with her vulnerability.
added by Shortride | editKirkus Reviews

Although the concept of an archangel willing to become human for love is compelling, the mythology could have been better researched and often appears to be inserted in the story as an afterthought. Twilight comparisons are unavoidable and may prove to be either a delight or distraction. These include a first-person narrative told by a smart but innocent girl and an unsettling much-older biology lab partner who stalks and romances her as he reluctantly puts her in mortal danger. Even the setting of Nora Grey's foggy Coldwater, Maine, is interchangeable with Bella Swan's dreary Forks, Washington.
added by Shortride | editVOYA, Lynne Farrell Stover

Nora's tempestuous relationship with prototypical bad boy Patch is genuinely, even unsettlingly, seductive—fans of paranormal romance should be rapt.
added by Shortride | editPublishers Weekly

Becca Fitzpatrickprimary authorall editionscalculated
Porto, JamesCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
...God spared not the angels that sinned,
but cast them down to hell,
and delivered them into chains of darkness,
to be reserved unto judgment....

~2 Peter 2:4
For Heather, Christian, and Michael. Our childhood was nothing if not imaginative. And to Justin. Thanks for not chosing the Japanese cooking class--love you.
…GOD SPARED NOT THE ANGELS THAT SINNED, BUT CAST THEM DOWN TO HELL, AND DELIVERED THEM INTO CHAINS OF DARKNESS, TO BE RESERVED UNTO JUDGMENT… -2 PETER 2:4
Chauncey was with the farmer's daughter on the grassy banks of the Loire River when the storm rolled in, and having let his gelding wander in the meadow, was left to his own two feet to carry him back to the chateau.
"'You smell good too,' said Patch.
'It's called a shower.' I was staring straight ahead. When he didn't answer, I turned sideways. 'Soap. Shampoo. Hot water.'
'Naked. I know the drill.'" -pg. 63

HUSH, HUSH

Falling in love was never so easy . . .

or so deadly.

For Nora Grey, romance was not part of the plan. She's never been particularly attracted to the boys at her school, no matter how much her best friend, Vee, pushes them at her. Not until Patch came along. With his easy smile and eyes that seem to see inside her, Nora is drawn to him against her better judgment.

But after a series of terrifying encounters, Nora's not sure who to trust. Patch seems to be everywhere she is, and to know more about her than her closest friends. She can't decide whether she should fall into his arms or run and hide. And when she tries to seek some answers, she finds herself near a truth that is way more unsettling than anything Patch makes her feel.

For Nora is right in the middle of an ancient battle between the immortal and those that have fallen - and, when it comes to choosing sides, the wrong choice will cost her life.

High school sophomore Nora has always been very cautious in her relationships, but when Patch, who has a dark side she can sense, enrolls at her school, she is mysteriously and strongly drawn to him, despite warnings from her best friend, the school counselor, and her own instincts.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,022,256 books! | Top bar: Always visible