Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick

Hush, Hush

by Becca Fitzpatrick

Series: Hush, Hush (1)

Recently added bykeul, rena75, Perry10, ElodieTheFangirl, Amanda7, Vulco1, therapite, private library
    The Mortal Instruments Series (Books 1-3) by Cassandra Clare (ldelprete)
    City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare (stephxsu)
    Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr (fyrefly98)
    Evermore by Alyson Noël (Sukisue7)
    Angelology by Danielle Trussoni (PandorasRequiem)
    Blue Moon by Alyson Noël (Sukisue7)
    The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins (ldelprete)
    ldelprete: also read Catching fire, the second book in this series.
    Angelfire by Courtney Allison Moulton (bibliojunkies)
    Halo by Alexandra Adornetto (becksdakex)
    Lament by Maggie Stiefvater (Maid_Marian)
    The Watcher by Lisa Voisin (stevensclare)
    stevensclare: About fallen angels.
    Twilight by Stephenie Meyer (stephxsu, cattwing)
    Wings by Aprilynne Pike (Kyana3)
    Kyana3: Bijna alle boeken waarin liefde en fantasy gecombineerd worden zijn schitterend! Ook "Wings" is zo'n boek. Net als in "Drift" weet de hoofdpersonage ook niets van het geheimzinnige gedoe rondom haar. Tot ze plots zelf een deel van het geheim wordt...
    A Job From Hell by Jayde Scott (Anonymous user)
    Fallen Angel by Kim Wilkins (KimarieBee)
    Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor (Soupdragon)

so cute! Another one I can't wait to share with my students! Well written, engaging from beginning to end, and its a series (which I LOVE!). Its in the same genre as twilight, so the kids who liked that will enjoy hush,hush. ( )
  thebookdisciple | Oct 9, 2018 |
*12 UP can read this book*

* “Let me just say COVER LOVE BABY!” *

According to me a Prologue or the 1st Chapter of a book is THE reflection - SO it must capture my attention from page 1 I will continue a few more chapters to give the Book a fair chance to change my mind!

SO Herewith my review!

* A Fallen Angel...A Forbidden Love story*

Prologue OR Chapter 1

Type of Characters and my choices according to pictures :

My song choice - Dare You Too Move

Relationship development
Nora is solid and good hearted character. She is a fairly typical high school girl that most teenagers can relate to. Physically, she is not flawless, but she does work hard in school and aims to go to a really respectable institution upon graduating high school. Her best friend Vee Sky, while not so great in the *school section*, has the sexy, daring appeal that helps to balance out Nora.

For Nora Grey, romance was not part of the plan. She's never been particularly fascinated to the boys at her school, one day, Nora's biology teacher decides to change up the seating chart so instead of finding herself sitting by Vee, she is suddenly needs to sit next to the mysterious transfer student, Patch.

Chapter Development
Vee was one of my favorite’s. Her non-stop efforts to hook Nora up with someone, her flippant attitude about school, her odd little diet, all added up into a fun character.

Patch Cipriano the enigmatic, sensual, mysterious bad-boy. With an easy smile and eyes that seem to see inside Nora. She likes him against her better judgment, but something never seems quite right with him, and that combined with mysterious, dangerous conditions. Nora suspects there is more to Patch than meets the eye, but cannot figure it out. Then we are thrown into a captivating story of secrets, uncertainty, and romance.

A few paragraphs / quotes → I loved

The attraction between them was so realistic!

The twist at the finish was GREAT. I was absolutely not expecting it. Through the paperback I kept making mental forecasts of who could be the "bad guy" or villain, BUT YEAH seems I did not get that one correct in the end.

The plot was well developed from start to finish! The novel is filled to the brim with creativity and will hold your attention; this book was pretty freaking amazing.

"Falling for the fallen...
“I knew the names of all my classmates...except one. The transfer...he sat slouched one desk back, cool black eyes holding a steady gaze forward...

His eyes sliced into mine and the corners of his mouth tilted up. My heart fumbled a beat and, in that pause, a feeling of gloomy darkness seemed to slide like a shadow over me. It vanished in an instant, but I was still staring at him. His smile wasn't friendly. It was a smile that spelled trouble. With a promise." Nora

"Before I forget, here's your homework. Where do you want me to put it?" Patch
Nora pointed at the trash can. "Right there would be fine."

"Guard your body". His smile tipped higher "I take my job seriously, which means I'm going to need to get acquainted with the subject matter on a personal level.” Patch

"You smell good, too," Patch
"It's called a shower." I was staring straight ahead. When he didn't answer, I turned sideways. "Soap. Shampoo. Hot water." Nora
"Naked. I know the drill." Patch

Patch - “Say 'provoking' again. Your mouth looks provocative when you do.”

“Hang on; did you just call me Angel?" Nora asked.
"If I did?" Patch
"I don't like it." Nora
He grinned. "It stays, Angel.” Patch

Epilogue! →

I can't wait to get the second book, Crescendo. Throughout the novel, I found myself on a gripping and breathless emotional roller-coaster ride.

Recommend to the following type of readers: →
Over 12 etc.

Why my rating?→

Will I read it again?→
OH YES

My feelings while reading this: →

To the Author

Savehouse | Sep 24, 2018 |
3 stars ( )
  thepageparamour | Sep 9, 2018 |
Very good! A little confusing though... ( )
  marie2830 | Sep 2, 2018 |
I loved this book. The series itself is so original and the thought that goes into it is amazing. I love Patch just something about him. And Nora she is such a strong smart girl. I love her. Now her best friend Vee on the other hand, I could do without her. I feel like she pushes Nora around too much. Glad I decided to pick up this series and read it again after like 6 years. I think it's better now that I'm older than it was originally when I read it. ( )
  nicolemeier111 | Aug 29, 2018 |
This book is ON FIRE! It's downright fantastic--from the book cover which is just tempting until the very last page. I finished this book in just one sitting. I actually read this book twice in one week. And I just love my best friend for lending me this book because I know I'll be missing half of my life if I hadn't read this.

Moving on, the concept of the story was very well defined. I simply adore how Becca made the story incredibly without trying too hard. The writing was just awesome and there were remarkable dialogues. The characters complement each other very well and they are easy to like.

...första delen av en rad böcker om Bella, förlåt, Nora som träffar en mörk, sexig, vältränad, mystisk och lite farlig kille på gymnasiet, Edward, förlåt, Patch.
added by Jannes | editDagens Nyheter, Steven Ekholm (Aug 30, 2010)

In a thrilling debut with an attention-grabbing cover, this game of revenge among fallen angels with Nora caught in the middle has too many coincidences to move the plot along and an uneven, rushed ending. Twilight readers will either squeal over the forbidden romance between Nora and Patch and the steamy scenes they generate or sigh over another helpless young woman torn between sexuality and fear and threatened and manipulated by males who play with her vulnerability.
added by Shortride | editKirkus Reviews

Although the concept of an archangel willing to become human for love is compelling, the mythology could have been better researched and often appears to be inserted in the story as an afterthought. Twilight comparisons are unavoidable and may prove to be either a delight or distraction. These include a first-person narrative told by a smart but innocent girl and an unsettling much-older biology lab partner who stalks and romances her as he reluctantly puts her in mortal danger. Even the setting of Nora Grey's foggy Coldwater, Maine, is interchangeable with Bella Swan's dreary Forks, Washington.
added by Shortride | editVOYA, Lynne Farrell Stover

Nora's tempestuous relationship with prototypical bad boy Patch is genuinely, even unsettlingly, seductive—fans of paranormal romance should be rapt.
added by Shortride | editPublishers Weekly

Becca Fitzpatrickprimary authorall editionscalculated
Porto, JamesCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
...God spared not the angels that sinned,
but cast them down to hell,
and delivered them into chains of darkness,
to be reserved unto judgment....

~2 Peter 2:4
For Heather, Christian, and Michael. Our childhood was nothing if not imaginative. And to Justin. Thanks for not chosing the Japanese cooking class--love you.
…GOD SPARED NOT THE ANGELS THAT SINNED, BUT CAST THEM DOWN TO HELL, AND DELIVERED THEM INTO CHAINS OF DARKNESS, TO BE RESERVED UNTO JUDGMENT… -2 PETER 2:4
Chauncey was with the farmer's daughter on the grassy banks of the Loire River when the storm rolled in, and having let his gelding wander in the meadow, was left to his own two feet to carry him back to the chateau.
"'You smell good too,' said Patch.
'It's called a shower.' I was staring straight ahead. When he didn't answer, I turned sideways. 'Soap. Shampoo. Hot water.'
'Naked. I know the drill.'" -pg. 63

HUSH, HUSH

Falling in love was never so easy . . .

or so deadly.

For Nora Grey, romance was not part of the plan. She's never been particularly attracted to the boys at her school, no matter how much her best friend, Vee, pushes them at her. Not until Patch came along. With his easy smile and eyes that seem to see inside her, Nora is drawn to him against her better judgment.

But after a series of terrifying encounters, Nora's not sure who to trust. Patch seems to be everywhere she is, and to know more about her than her closest friends. She can't decide whether she should fall into his arms or run and hide. And when she tries to seek some answers, she finds herself near a truth that is way more unsettling than anything Patch makes her feel.

For Nora is right in the middle of an ancient battle between the immortal and those that have fallen - and, when it comes to choosing sides, the wrong choice will cost her life.

High school sophomore Nora has always been very cautious in her relationships, but when Patch, who has a dark side she can sense, enrolls at her school, she is mysteriously and strongly drawn to him, despite warnings from her best friend, the school counselor, and her own instincts.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 129,517,904 books! | Top bar: Always visible