No title

Authors:
Info:
Collections:

Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick

The Mortal Instruments Series (Books 1-3) by Cassandra Clare (ldelprete)
    City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare (stephxsu)
    Evermore by Alyson Noël (Sukisue7)
    Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr (fyrefly98)
    Blue Moon by Alyson Noël (Sukisue7)
    The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins (ldelprete)
    ldelprete: also read Catching fire, the second book in this series.
    Angelology by Danielle Trussoni (PandorasRequiem)
    Angelfire by Courtney Allison Moulton (bibliojunkies)
    Halo by Alexandra Adornetto (becksdakex)
    The Watcher by Lisa Voisin (stevensclare)
    stevensclare: About fallen angels.
    A Job From Hell by Jayde Scott (Anonymous user)
    Lament by Maggie Stiefvater (Maid_Marian)
    Twilight by Stephenie Meyer (stephxsu, cattwing)
    Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor (Soupdragon)
    Wings by Aprilynne Pike (Kyana3)
    Kyana3: Bijna alle boeken waarin liefde en fantasy gecombineerd worden zijn schitterend! Ook "Wings" is zo'n boek. Net als in "Drift" weet de hoofdpersonage ook niets van het geheimzinnige gedoe rondom haar. Tot ze plots zelf een deel van het geheim wordt...
    Fallen Angel by Kim Wilkins (KimarieBee)

English (423)  Spanish (3)  All (2)  Hungarian (1)  Aragonese Spanish (1)  Italian (1)  All (431)
This was a book I bought just based on its cover. The cover artist should get paid tons for this. It really draws you in. As far as the book itself goes, not so bad. I had a hard time putting it down. It definitely kept me reading into the night. The only thing was it seemed to be somewhat disjointed at times. The author would mention something that would seem super important, but then never return to it. It also had a few loose ends that really needed to be tied. But overall, I thought it was good first book. I would read other things by this author. ( )
  annabw | Feb 21, 2017 |
A good time waster. I spent a weekend reading this and the other books of the series. Procrastinating doing homework by reading some cheesy teen supernatural-romance-fiction. It was an entertaining series, but I definitely wouldn't read it again. Very basic 'mysterious guy shows up in girls life. She hates him. He turns out to be supernatural. She's in danger. He saves her. They fall in love. Hooray!' kind of a story line. I repeat: A good time waster. A nice relaxing way to fill a weekend (a book that doesn't require much deeper thinking). ( )
  sasta | Feb 1, 2017 |
I was pretty surprised by how much I got into this book. I found it very interesting with a great storyline and great characters. I don't know why I waited so long! ( )
  ToniFGMAMTC | Jan 19, 2017 |
Hush, Hush (Hush, Hush #1) by Becca Fitzpatrick is a fantasy book I picked up from the library and made the mistake of starting right before going to bed, and being so good, I had to stay up to finish it! The awesome cover caught my eye but the brilliant writing kept me reading. The Fallen angel, the mysteries, the attempt on Nora's life, and why was the Fallen there? The plot was extremely well played and the characters well developed. Book was great enough for me to lose sleep over, lol. It had everything I needed to keep turning the pages. Great job! ( )
  MontzaleeW | Jan 4, 2017 |
First, let me know what a beautiful cover.

I had a really hard time getting through this book, I won't lie. I kind of predicted parts of the end throughout the book (that Ms. Greene was bad news and that either Jules or Elliott was the one trying to kill Nora and it was all somehow connected to Patch), so that was kind of a bummer. I didn't really start getting into the plot until around pg300 when the action started happening. Before that I was mostly just annoyed that Patch wouldn't tell Nora what was going on since obviously something was, but hey that would defeat the purpose of the book if they just cut to the chase! Anyway, I thought the ending was good with Patch not accepting Nora as his sacrifice and now he is her guardian.

If I hadn't bought the book as a box set, I probably wouldn't read the rest of the series... But since I own all four I will finish the series up eventually. Truthfully the only thing keeping me going is picturing hottie Patch as Theo James. That in itself if enough for me to keep reading. It's not a top priority, though I am told the books get better as it all goes on. We'll see. ( )
  leahlo89 | Nov 2, 2016 |
This book is ON FIRE! It's downright fantastic--from the book cover which is just tempting until the very last page. I finished this book in just one sitting. I actually read this book twice in one week. And I just love my best friend for lending me this book because I know I'll be missing half of my life if I hadn't read this.

Moving on, the concept of the story was very well defined. I simply adore how Becca made the story incredibly without trying too hard. The writing was just awesome and there were remarkable dialogues. The characters complement each other very well and they are easy to like.

...första delen av en rad böcker om Bella, förlåt, Nora som träffar en mörk, sexig, vältränad, mystisk och lite farlig kille på gymnasiet, Edward, förlåt, Patch.
added by Jannes | editDagens Nyheter, Steven Ekholm (Aug 30, 2010)

In a thrilling debut with an attention-grabbing cover, this game of revenge among fallen angels with Nora caught in the middle has too many coincidences to move the plot along and an uneven, rushed ending. Twilight readers will either squeal over the forbidden romance between Nora and Patch and the steamy scenes they generate or sigh over another helpless young woman torn between sexuality and fear and threatened and manipulated by males who play with her vulnerability.
added by Shortride | editKirkus Reviews

Although the concept of an archangel willing to become human for love is compelling, the mythology could have been better researched and often appears to be inserted in the story as an afterthought. Twilight comparisons are unavoidable and may prove to be either a delight or distraction. These include a first-person narrative told by a smart but innocent girl and an unsettling much-older biology lab partner who stalks and romances her as he reluctantly puts her in mortal danger. Even the setting of Nora Grey's foggy Coldwater, Maine, is interchangeable with Bella Swan's dreary Forks, Washington.
added by Shortride | editVOYA, Lynne Farrell Stover

Nora's tempestuous relationship with prototypical bad boy Patch is genuinely, even unsettlingly, seductive—fans of paranormal romance should be rapt.
added by Shortride | editPublishers Weekly

Becca Fitzpatrickprimary authorall editionscalculated
Porto, JamesCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
...God spared not the angels that sinned,
but cast them down to hell,
and delivered them into chains of darkness,
to be reserved unto judgment....

~2 Peter 2:4
For Heather, Christian, and Michael. Our childhood was nothing if not imaginative. And to Justin. Thanks for not chosing the Japanese cooking class--love you.
…GOD SPARED NOT THE ANGELS THAT SINNED, BUT CAST THEM DOWN TO HELL, AND DELIVERED THEM INTO CHAINS OF DARKNESS, TO BE RESERVED UNTO JUDGMENT… -2 PETER 2:4
Chauncey was with the farmer's daughter on the grassy banks of the Loire River when the storm rolled in, and having let his gelding wander in the meadow, was left to his own two feet to carry him back to the chateau.
"'You smell good too,' said Patch.
'It's called a shower.' I was staring straight ahead. When he didn't answer, I turned sideways. 'Soap. Shampoo. Hot water.'
'Naked. I know the drill.'" -pg. 63

HUSH, HUSH

Falling in love was never so easy . . .

or so deadly.

For Nora Grey, romance was not part of the plan. She's never been particularly attracted to the boys at her school, no matter how much her best friend, Vee, pushes them at her. Not until Patch came along. With his easy smile and eyes that seem to see inside her, Nora is drawn to him against her better judgment.

But after a series of terrifying encounters, Nora's not sure who to trust. Patch seems to be everywhere she is, and to know more about her than her closest friends. She can't decide whether she should fall into his arms or run and hide. And when she tries to seek some answers, she finds herself near a truth that is way more unsettling than anything Patch makes her feel.

For Nora is right in the middle of an ancient battle between the immortal and those that have fallen - and, when it comes to choosing sides, the wrong choice will cost her life.

High school sophomore Nora has always been very cautious in her relationships, but when Patch, who has a dark side she can sense, enrolls at her school, she is mysteriously and strongly drawn to him, despite warnings from her best friend, the school counselor, and her own instincts.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 112,677,644 books! | Top bar: Always visible