No title

Authors:
Info:
Collections:

Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick

City of Bones / City of Ashes / City of Glass by Cassandra Clare (ldelprete)
    City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare (stephxsu)
    Evermore by Alyson Noël (Sukisue7)
    Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr (fyrefly98)
    Blue Moon by Alyson Noël (Sukisue7)
    Angelology by Danielle Trussoni (PandorasRequiem)
    The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins (ldelprete)
    ldelprete: also read Catching fire, the second book in this series.
    Halo by Alexandra Adornetto (becksdakex)
    Angelfire by Courtney Allison Moulton (bibliojunkies)
    A Job From Hell by Jayde Scott (Anonymous user)
    Lament by Maggie Stiefvater (Maid_Marian)
    Twilight by Stephenie Meyer (stephxsu, cattwing)
    Wings by Aprilynne Pike (Kyana3)
    Kyana3: Bijna alle boeken waarin liefde en fantasy gecombineerd worden zijn schitterend! Ook "Wings" is zo'n boek. Net als in "Drift" weet de hoofdpersonage ook niets van het geheimzinnige gedoe rondom haar. Tot ze plots zelf een deel van het geheim wordt...
    Fallen Angel by Kim Wilkins (KimarieBee)
    The Watcher by Lisa Voisin (stevensclare)
    stevensclare: About fallen angels.
    Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor (Soupdragon)

Aww dammit. This is one of these books that you read and think "I've read this before, but I don't care". I felt extremely weird, because all the Fallen Angel books were the same. I'm pretty glad I read this, though. It WAS a different concept, but the main girl was annoying. I meam, getting almost killed by someone doesn't make you want to call the police? ... The fuck? Anyways, I liked it. I've never had so many different emmotions for the same guy. Page 39: "I hate him", page 53: "Ohmygosh, he's so cute", page 54: "Ugh!", page 60: "He's so adorable!" I've never been so indesicive in my life. Also, there were so many things that happened! My eyes were glue to the damn pages until I ceased blinking completely. That is what I call good twists and turns! I'll give this 4.5 stars, which I'll convert into 5. ( )
  mariannelee_0902 | Jul 1, 2015 |
I absolutely loved this book. It's a great antidote to the Twilight series with its excellent writing and character development. The main character doesn't just sit around waiting for someone to rescue her. She sets out to rescue herself.

The ending is resolved enough to finish the story here, but I can also see a second story if the author can do it without stretching the credibility of the story and the characters. I'm torn over which I'd prefer, just this one book or a sequel... ( )
  Stembie3 | Jun 14, 2015 |
Why am I thinking about Twilight? It seems interesting but it is slowly becoming in something not so good...let's see how it goes.
  aka_no_joou | May 19, 2015 |
Suspenseful and captivating until the very last page. ( )
  bookjunkie57 | Apr 17, 2015 |
While I'm not a huge fan of paranormal romances at the best of times, I was particularly disappointed by this one. Although the cover is gorgeously eye catching, the story behind it turned out to be slow moving and badly paced. The fact that Patch is a fallen angel is revealed right on the front, yet this is not actually revealed in the text until three hundred pages into the novel. This is the point in the novel where things finally began to speed up as, up to this point, very little had happened. Sure, there was the odd moment of tension but most of this was bogged down by the fact that I did not care for any of the characters.

Nora is a frustratingly weak heroine. Although her friends frequently ask her to do things that she does not want to do, she has a real problem with just saying "no". Similarly, she constantly expresses her fear of Patch in one breath and her attraction to him in next. This did not feel like a very sound basis for a relationship, especially not one that I'd want to present to teen readers as being the norm.

I also hated Patch with every fibre of my being. He wasn't charming, he was just creepy. Everything he said seemed to be done with the intent of making Nora uncomfortable and that just made my skin crawl. While I hated the fact that she'd jump at his every whim, I hated him for the fact that he would expect her to. I think I would have rather that Nora ended up with any other character in the story than him.

All in all, I think I'd rather read Twilight again than be forced to reread this one. Twilight may not be a good novel but its certainly better than this. ( )
  ArkhamReviews | Dec 23, 2014 |
This book is ON FIRE! It's downright fantastic--from the book cover which is just tempting until the very last page. I finished this book in just one sitting. I actually read this book twice in one week. And I just love my best friend for lending me this book because I know I'll be missing half of my life if I hadn't read this.

Moving on, the concept of the story was very well defined. I simply adore how Becca made the story incredibly without trying too hard. The writing was just awesome and there were remarkable dialogues. The characters complement each other very well and they are easy to like.

...första delen av en rad böcker om Bella, förlåt, Nora som träffar en mörk, sexig, vältränad, mystisk och lite farlig kille på gymnasiet, Edward, förlåt, Patch.
added by Jannes | editDagens Nyheter, Steven Ekholm (Aug 30, 2010)

In a thrilling debut with an attention-grabbing cover, this game of revenge among fallen angels with Nora caught in the middle has too many coincidences to move the plot along and an uneven, rushed ending. Twilight readers will either squeal over the forbidden romance between Nora and Patch and the steamy scenes they generate or sigh over another helpless young woman torn between sexuality and fear and threatened and manipulated by males who play with her vulnerability.
added by Shortride | editKirkus Reviews

Although the concept of an archangel willing to become human for love is compelling, the mythology could have been better researched and often appears to be inserted in the story as an afterthought. Twilight comparisons are unavoidable and may prove to be either a delight or distraction. These include a first-person narrative told by a smart but innocent girl and an unsettling much-older biology lab partner who stalks and romances her as he reluctantly puts her in mortal danger. Even the setting of Nora Grey's foggy Coldwater, Maine, is interchangeable with Bella Swan's dreary Forks, Washington.
added by Shortride | editVOYA, Lynne Farrell Stover

Nora's tempestuous relationship with prototypical bad boy Patch is genuinely, even unsettlingly, seductive—fans of paranormal romance should be rapt.
added by Shortride | editPublishers Weekly

Becca Fitzpatrickprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Porto, JamesCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
...God spared not the angels that sinned,
but cast them down to hell,
and delivered them into chains of darkness,
to be reserved unto judgment....

~2 Peter 2:4
For Heather, Christian, and Michael. Our childhood was nothing if not imaginative. And to Justin. Thanks for not chosing the Japanese cooking class--love you.
…GOD SPARED NOT THE ANGELS THAT SINNED, BUT CAST THEM DOWN TO HELL, AND DELIVERED THEM INTO CHAINS OF DARKNESS, TO BE RESERVED UNTO JUDGMENT… -2 PETER 2:4
Chauncey was with the farmer's daughter on the grassy banks of the Loire River when the storm rolled in, and having let his gelding wander in the meadow, was left to his own two feet to carry him back to the chateau.
"'You smell good too,' said Patch.
'It's called a shower.' I was staring straight ahead. When he didn't answer, I turned sideways. 'Soap. Shampoo. Hot water.'
'Naked. I know the drill.'" -pg. 63

HUSH, HUSH

Falling in love was never so easy . . .

or so deadly.

For Nora Grey, romance was not part of the plan. She's never been particularly attracted to the boys at her school, no matter how much her best friend, Vee, pushes them at her. Not until Patch came along. With his easy smile and eyes that seem to see inside her, Nora is drawn to him against her better judgment.

But after a series of terrifying encounters, Nora's not sure who to trust. Patch seems to be everywhere she is, and to know more about her than her closest friends. She can't decide whether she should fall into his arms or run and hide. And when she tries to seek some answers, she finds herself near a truth that is way more unsettling than anything Patch makes her feel.

For Nora is right in the middle of an ancient battle between the immortal and those that have fallen - and, when it comes to choosing sides, the wrong choice will cost her life.

High school sophomore Nora has always been very cautious in her relationships, but when Patch, who has a dark side she can sense, enrolls at her school, she is mysteriously and strongly drawn to him, despite warnings from her best friend, the school counselor, and her own instincts.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 97,961,612 books! | Top bar: Always visible