No title

Authors:
Info:
Collections:

Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick

The Mortal Instruments Series (Books 1-3) by Cassandra Clare (ldelprete)
    City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare (stephxsu)
    Evermore by Alyson Noël (Sukisue7)
    Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr (fyrefly98)
    Blue Moon by Alyson Noël (Sukisue7)
    The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins (ldelprete)
    ldelprete: also read Catching fire, the second book in this series.
    Angelology by Danielle Trussoni (PandorasRequiem)
    Angelfire by Courtney Allison Moulton (bibliojunkies)
    Halo by Alexandra Adornetto (becksdakex)
    The Watcher by Lisa Voisin (stevensclare)
    stevensclare: About fallen angels.
    A Job From Hell by Jayde Scott (Anonymous user)
    Lament by Maggie Stiefvater (Maid_Marian)
    Twilight by Stephenie Meyer (stephxsu, cattwing)
    Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor (Soupdragon)
    Wings by Aprilynne Pike (Kyana3)
    Kyana3: Bijna alle boeken waarin liefde en fantasy gecombineerd worden zijn schitterend! Ook "Wings" is zo'n boek. Net als in "Drift" weet de hoofdpersonage ook niets van het geheimzinnige gedoe rondom haar. Tot ze plots zelf een deel van het geheim wordt...
    Fallen Angel by Kim Wilkins (KimarieBee)

Okay so I like a book that's esentially Twilight with fallen angels, sue me. This book may have the same plot, (kind of) but it's better written and the main female character has a personality. And Patch is awesome. And not in that creepy I-Stalk-You-And-Watch-You-Sleep kind of way, more in a Dark-He-Will-End-Your-Life-Maybe kind of way. ( )
  oxlabyrinthxo | Jul 10, 2016 |
I have no idea why, but I really, really liked this book. It wasn't some super awesome plot or writing, but there was something that kept me reading well past my bedtime (which was a feat since I was on cold medicine). I think it's because Patch reminded me of a guy I used to date...
Whatever the reason, I finished this book and immediately grabbed the second in the series and proceeded to stay up past my bedtime again. ( )
  imahorcrux | Jun 22, 2016 |
Bad, bad boy . . . loved it! ( )
  mtlkch | Jun 21, 2016 |
I honestly don't understand why this book had so many negative reviews. I thoroughly enjoyed it, but then again, I rarely meet a book I don't like. It was different from other books I've read, due to the subject matter. I am looking forward to reading the rest of the series. I liked all of the characters, with the exception of the bad guys. I am excited to see what obstacles Patch and Nora face next. ( )
  butterfly58 | Jun 4, 2016 |
Nora Grey was an average sophomore when she reached the first quarter of biology and met a boy named Patch. At first she hated him, and wanted to know why he was so rude and annoying, and seemed to know everything about her. She wanted to know who he really was, because it was obvious he wasn't just a typical biology student and lab partner- he was different than everyone else, and she tried to unravel his secrets and let the world know who he really was. She failed, and fell in love with him. Her walls started to go down, and down, and down.
Until she found out he was a fallen angel and wanted to kill her.
She began to not trust him more than ever, especially when his ex girlfriend, an angel of death, gets jealous and comes from her. But he continues to protect her and show her that he really cares, up until she dies and he doesnt take her sacrifice, bringing her back to life and becoming her guardian angel.
  AaliyahF.G1 | May 17, 2016 |
This book is ON FIRE! It's downright fantastic--from the book cover which is just tempting until the very last page. I finished this book in just one sitting. I actually read this book twice in one week. And I just love my best friend for lending me this book because I know I'll be missing half of my life if I hadn't read this.

Moving on, the concept of the story was very well defined. I simply adore how Becca made the story incredibly without trying too hard. The writing was just awesome and there were remarkable dialogues. The characters complement each other very well and they are easy to like.

...första delen av en rad böcker om Bella, förlåt, Nora som träffar en mörk, sexig, vältränad, mystisk och lite farlig kille på gymnasiet, Edward, förlåt, Patch.
added by Jannes | editDagens Nyheter, Steven Ekholm (Aug 30, 2010)

In a thrilling debut with an attention-grabbing cover, this game of revenge among fallen angels with Nora caught in the middle has too many coincidences to move the plot along and an uneven, rushed ending. Twilight readers will either squeal over the forbidden romance between Nora and Patch and the steamy scenes they generate or sigh over another helpless young woman torn between sexuality and fear and threatened and manipulated by males who play with her vulnerability.
added by Shortride | editKirkus Reviews

Although the concept of an archangel willing to become human for love is compelling, the mythology could have been better researched and often appears to be inserted in the story as an afterthought. Twilight comparisons are unavoidable and may prove to be either a delight or distraction. These include a first-person narrative told by a smart but innocent girl and an unsettling much-older biology lab partner who stalks and romances her as he reluctantly puts her in mortal danger. Even the setting of Nora Grey's foggy Coldwater, Maine, is interchangeable with Bella Swan's dreary Forks, Washington.
added by Shortride | editVOYA, Lynne Farrell Stover

Nora's tempestuous relationship with prototypical bad boy Patch is genuinely, even unsettlingly, seductive—fans of paranormal romance should be rapt.
added by Shortride | editPublishers Weekly

Becca Fitzpatrickprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Porto, JamesCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
...God spared not the angels that sinned,
but cast them down to hell,
and delivered them into chains of darkness,
to be reserved unto judgment....

~2 Peter 2:4
For Heather, Christian, and Michael. Our childhood was nothing if not imaginative. And to Justin. Thanks for not chosing the Japanese cooking class--love you.
…GOD SPARED NOT THE ANGELS THAT SINNED, BUT CAST THEM DOWN TO HELL, AND DELIVERED THEM INTO CHAINS OF DARKNESS, TO BE RESERVED UNTO JUDGMENT… -2 PETER 2:4
Chauncey was with the farmer's daughter on the grassy banks of the Loire River when the storm rolled in, and having let his gelding wander in the meadow, was left to his own two feet to carry him back to the chateau.
"'You smell good too,' said Patch.
'It's called a shower.' I was staring straight ahead. When he didn't answer, I turned sideways. 'Soap. Shampoo. Hot water.'
'Naked. I know the drill.'" -pg. 63

HUSH, HUSH

Falling in love was never so easy . . .

or so deadly.

For Nora Grey, romance was not part of the plan. She's never been particularly attracted to the boys at her school, no matter how much her best friend, Vee, pushes them at her. Not until Patch came along. With his easy smile and eyes that seem to see inside her, Nora is drawn to him against her better judgment.

But after a series of terrifying encounters, Nora's not sure who to trust. Patch seems to be everywhere she is, and to know more about her than her closest friends. She can't decide whether she should fall into his arms or run and hide. And when she tries to seek some answers, she finds herself near a truth that is way more unsettling than anything Patch makes her feel.

For Nora is right in the middle of an ancient battle between the immortal and those that have fallen - and, when it comes to choosing sides, the wrong choice will cost her life.

High school sophomore Nora has always been very cautious in her relationships, but when Patch, who has a dark side she can sense, enrolls at her school, she is mysteriously and strongly drawn to him, despite warnings from her best friend, the school counselor, and her own instincts.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 107,483,096 books! | Top bar: Always visible