No title

Authors:
Info:
Collections:

Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick

City of Bones / City of Ashes / City of Glass by Cassandra Clare (ldelprete)
    City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare (stephxsu)
    Evermore by Alyson Noël (Sukisue7)
    Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr (fyrefly98)
    Blue Moon by Alyson Noël (Sukisue7)
    Angelology by Danielle Trussoni (PandorasRequiem)
    The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins (ldelprete)
    ldelprete: also read Catching fire, the second book in this series.
    Twilight by Stephenie Meyer (stephxsu, cattwing)
    Halo by Alexandra Adornetto (becksdakex)
    Angelfire by Courtney Allison Moulton (bibliojunkies)
    A Job From Hell by Jayde Scott (Anonymous user)
    Lament by Maggie Stiefvater (Maid_Marian)
    The Watcher by Lisa Voisin (stevensclare)
    stevensclare: About fallen angels.
    Wings by Aprilynne Pike (Kyana3)
    Kyana3: Bijna alle boeken waarin liefde en fantasy gecombineerd worden zijn schitterend! Ook "Wings" is zo'n boek. Net als in "Drift" weet de hoofdpersonage ook niets van het geheimzinnige gedoe rondom haar. Tot ze plots zelf een deel van het geheim wordt...
    Fallen Angel by Kim Wilkins (KimarieBee)
    Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor (Soupdragon)

As aforementioned, the protagonist of this novel is Nora Gray, a sophomore (more about that later) at Coldwater High School (CHS) in Coldwater, Maine.

In case you were wondering, Coldwater is not a real town. I had to double check because the voice in the back of my head kept nagging about it. Man, what is it about paranormal books being set in nonexistence, shitty, little towns in frigid, northern states? It’s as if supernatural creatures couldn’t live somewhere real, warm, and sunny.

Enough about the state of setting in most paranormal novels and back to Nora. She’s a tightly-wound overachiever who focuses on her schoolwork more often than anything else. She works for the high school’s online magazine (I shuddered every time they said “EZine”), visits the school psychologist every week, and has some eclectic interests we only learn about through Patch (more on him later as well) but never see her actually participating in. Nora’s father is dead—murdered in a dark alley or something—and her mother is a real estate agent who travels for work one week out of each month, leaving Nora home alone often. Her mother employs a German woman named Dorothea seemingly to make meals for Nora when she isn’t home. Together they live in an old farmhouse, which happens to be far away on the outskirts of town, where their neighbors are a mile away.

Read more: http://theparanormalreview.blogspot.com/2014/12/hush-hush-by-becca-fitzpatrick.h... ( )
  Katie.Loughlin | Dec 16, 2014 |
This book suffers from what I am now going to call "Fallen Syndrome", it means, in my eyes, the book had way to much mystery than was really necessary, and it slowed down the book. Patch is pretty cool, he has some dimension, even though he was plotting naughty things through out. Nora was a bit off with me, she seemed to be a goody two shoes, but when she hooked up with Patch she totally did a 360. I really think Patch is the best part about this book. I hope the next one is better, this one is just ok. ( )
  mojo09226 | Nov 21, 2014 |
[bc:Hush, Hush|6339664|Hush, Hush (Hush, Hush, #1)|Becca Fitzpatrick|https://d.gr-assets.com/books/1358261334s/6339664.jpg|6525609]

Seek My Scribbles

Jane Hunt Writer First Steps

Jane Hunt Writer Book Reviews Facebook

Jane Hunt Writer Book Reviews Google

My initial impression of 'Hush, Hush' is that it shares many elements found in other popular paranormal/young adult series like Stephanie Meyers 'Twilight Collection' and LJ Smith's 'Vampire Diaries' and 'Night World' series. Happily the story's unique setting and paranormal characters made it worth reading.

The story's pacing was slow initially with much of the first half spent inside Nora's head. I was tempted not to read further than the first few chapters but I'm glad I read on. There is faster pacing and great imagery in the second half.

Told from the first person (Nora's point of view), in common with many stories in this genre, the reader wonders whether Nora is actually experiencing the incidents or thinks she is because of her fragile emotional state. This conflict makes you keep turning the pages to find out whether this is a frightening reality or a terrifying self induced illusion.

Nora's is likeable and has the conflicting mix of courage and vulnerability essential for a teenage heroine. Patch seen from Nora's perspective is mysterious, ageless and a little bit frightening.

A well written, suspenseful ending leads the reader into Crescendo - the next chapter of Nora and Patch's relationship, which I look forward to reading.

[a:Becca Fitzpatrick|2876763|Becca Fitzpatrick|https://d.gr-assets.com/authors/1390505291p2/2876763.jpg] ( )
  jane.hunt.509511 | Nov 18, 2014 |
Hush Hush is a love story of sorts and a pretty quick read. The time frame for the story is set in modern day. The story is about a highschooler named Nora. The story starts when her seating arangement in her biology class was changed. Thats when Patch comes along. Patch was Nora's new biology partner and that didn't go so well for Nora. Moving on, Nora saw that every where she was, Patch was there too.

Nora s also being chased around by a myserious man in a ski mask. Nora begins to suspect that Patch was the man in a ski mask but in the end find herself being saved from the man in the ski mask by Patch. Twoards the end of the book Nora begins to fall in love with Patch. Falling in love with Patch gets Nora in trouble with people she doesn't event know. Nora's house gets set on fire, she is forced to play a dangerous game of hide and seek or else her friend will get killed, ect. in the end every thing is resoved asnd nora and Patch start their love relationship officcieally. i Would suggenst this book to people that like drama, romance and action. ( )
  AnatoliaR.B1 | Oct 23, 2014 |
Mysterious appearances and disappearances. Angels vs. demons. True vs. what appears to be true. All this and more await readers in the first vol. of the "Hush, Hush" series. Once started, I was hooked and couldn't put it down. Neither will you. ( )
  ShouldIReadIt | Sep 26, 2014 |
This book is ON FIRE! It's downright fantastic--from the book cover which is just tempting until the very last page. I finished this book in just one sitting. I actually read this book twice in one week. And I just love my best friend for lending me this book because I know I'll be missing half of my life if I hadn't read this.

Moving on, the concept of the story was very well defined. I simply adore how Becca made the story incredibly without trying too hard. The writing was just awesome and there were remarkable dialogues. The characters complement each other very well and they are easy to like.

...första delen av en rad böcker om Bella, förlåt, Nora som träffar en mörk, sexig, vältränad, mystisk och lite farlig kille på gymnasiet, Edward, förlåt, Patch.
added by Jannes | editDagens Nyheter, Steven Ekholm (Aug 30, 2010)

In a thrilling debut with an attention-grabbing cover, this game of revenge among fallen angels with Nora caught in the middle has too many coincidences to move the plot along and an uneven, rushed ending. Twilight readers will either squeal over the forbidden romance between Nora and Patch and the steamy scenes they generate or sigh over another helpless young woman torn between sexuality and fear and threatened and manipulated by males who play with her vulnerability.
added by Shortride | editKirkus Reviews

Although the concept of an archangel willing to become human for love is compelling, the mythology could have been better researched and often appears to be inserted in the story as an afterthought. Twilight comparisons are unavoidable and may prove to be either a delight or distraction. These include a first-person narrative told by a smart but innocent girl and an unsettling much-older biology lab partner who stalks and romances her as he reluctantly puts her in mortal danger. Even the setting of Nora Grey's foggy Coldwater, Maine, is interchangeable with Bella Swan's dreary Forks, Washington.
added by Shortride | editVOYA, Lynne Farrell Stover

Nora's tempestuous relationship with prototypical bad boy Patch is genuinely, even unsettlingly, seductive—fans of paranormal romance should be rapt.
added by Shortride | editPublishers Weekly

Becca Fitzpatrickprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Porto, JamesCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
...God spared not the angels that sinned,
but cast them down to hell,
and delivered them into chains of darkness,
to be reserved unto judgment....

~2 Peter 2:4
For Heather, Christian, and Michael. Our childhood was nothing if not imaginative. And to Justin. Thanks for not chosing the Japanese cooking class--love you.
…GOD SPARED NOT THE ANGELS THAT SINNED, BUT CAST THEM DOWN TO HELL, AND DELIVERED THEM INTO CHAINS OF DARKNESS, TO BE RESERVED UNTO JUDGMENT… -2 PETER 2:4
Chauncey was with the farmer's daughter on the grassy banks of the Loire River when the storm rolled in, and having let his gelding wander in the meadow, was left to his own two feet to carry him back to the chateau.
"'You smell good too,' said Patch.
'It's called a shower.' I was staring straight ahead. When he didn't answer, I turned sideways. 'Soap. Shampoo. Hot water.'
'Naked. I know the drill.'" -pg. 63

HUSH, HUSH

Falling in love was never so easy . . .

or so deadly.

For Nora Grey, romance was not part of the plan. She's never been particularly attracted to the boys at her school, no matter how much her best friend, Vee, pushes them at her. Not until Patch came along. With his easy smile and eyes that seem to see inside her, Nora is drawn to him against her better judgment.

But after a series of terrifying encounters, Nora's not sure who to trust. Patch seems to be everywhere she is, and to know more about her than her closest friends. She can't decide whether she should fall into his arms or run and hide. And when she tries to seek some answers, she finds herself near a truth that is way more unsettling than anything Patch makes her feel.

For Nora is right in the middle of an ancient battle between the immortal and those that have fallen - and, when it comes to choosing sides, the wrong choice will cost her life.

High school sophomore Nora has always been very cautious in her relationships, but when Patch, who has a dark side she can sense, enrolls at her school, she is mysteriously and strongly drawn to him, despite warnings from her best friend, the school counselor, and her own instincts.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,344,072 books! | Top bar: Always visible