No title

Authors:
Info:
Collections:

Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick

City of Bones / City of Ashes / City of Glass by Cassandra Clare (ldelprete)
    City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare (stephxsu)
    Evermore by Alyson Noël (Sukisue7)
    Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr (fyrefly98)
    Blue Moon by Alyson Noël (Sukisue7)
    Angelology by Danielle Trussoni (PandorasRequiem)
    The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins (ldelprete)
    ldelprete: also read Catching fire, the second book in this series.
    Twilight by Stephenie Meyer (stephxsu, cattwing)
    Halo by Alexandra Adornetto (becksdakex)
    Angelfire by Courtney Allison Moulton (bibliojunkies)
    A Job From Hell by Jayde Scott (Anonymous user)
    Lament by Maggie Stiefvater (Maid_Marian)
    The Watcher by Lisa Voisin (stevensclare)
    stevensclare: About fallen angels.
    Wings by Aprilynne Pike (Kyana3)
    Kyana3: Bijna alle boeken waarin liefde en fantasy gecombineerd worden zijn schitterend! Ook "Wings" is zo'n boek. Net als in "Drift" weet de hoofdpersonage ook niets van het geheimzinnige gedoe rondom haar. Tot ze plots zelf een deel van het geheim wordt...
    Fallen Angel by Kim Wilkins (imager)
    Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor (Soupdragon)

Warning: May contain spoilers

The book was is about a young girl called Nora Grey, who met a guy called Patch as a result of being forced to switch lab partners. Nora doesn't like him at first but Patch seems to mysteriously be everywhere she is, sometimes at the wrong time, and she starts to have feelings for him against her better judgement. She’s never sure if she should trust him so when bad things start happening and it seems someone is out to get her, Vee her best friend is adamant its Patch and leads Nora to question what she really knows about him . When Nora seeks some answers she finds herself near a truth that’s far more unsettling than the uneasy feeling Patch tends to give her and in the middle of an ancient battle between the immortal and the fallen.

After waiting 3 years to read this book I’m not ashamed to say I was a little bit disappointed. The idea behind the book was what made me want to read it (that and the cover haha). And it started of well but not long into it , it was clear that Nora never really knew what she wanted, and as she kept changing her mind all the time I was left feeling confused as to what she would do next. She doesn't trust Patch, is very unsettled by him, spends most of the book commenting on how creepy he is but yet she cant stay away and is in love with him? … I think I missed the part where this happened. .

That being said I love how Patch is described through out the book. He’s cocky, sure of himself and somewhat tough. Even though I don’t like to admit the only thing I disliked about him was the fact that he reminded me of Edward from Twilight. I’m not exactly sure why but he did. I wasn't really too keen on the other characters Vee, Elliot and Jules but that could be because I don’t think enough time went into developing their character.

So all in all It was an ok book. It didn't wow me and I personally think there was too much dialogue and not enough description, so as a result of this I felt the book lacked in suspense. ( )
  Staciesnape | Sep 14, 2014 |
Amazing. Really enjoyed how the book had me guessing what was really going on. It is rare that I read a book and don't figure out the twist before it is revealed. ( )
  forsakenfates | Aug 25, 2014 |
I will definitely be reading the second one. ( )
  Mirandalg14 | Aug 18, 2014 |
It was really good! I loved it but it was deeply dark and mysterious and romantic. I was drawn into the story line and plot and was an the edge at every twist and turn. The black ski mask man almost gave me nightmares though... ( )
  siquebella | Jul 29, 2014 |
The book is no doubt good.The mystery,tension,excitement everything is quite good.I like it.I would have liked it a bit more if the connection between Nora and Patch was stronger.Throughout the book Patch constantly teased and harassed Nora and never showed any affection for her.
That was not the problem.The problem began when suddenly Patch was ready to give his life and everything else for Nora.I never felt that kind of love between them.I just wished the author built up their chemistry and passion for each other a bit more.Then it would have been perfect. ( )
  sreeparna | Jul 27, 2014 |
This book is ON FIRE! It's downright fantastic--from the book cover which is just tempting until the very last page. I finished this book in just one sitting. I actually read this book twice in one week. And I just love my best friend for lending me this book because I know I'll be missing half of my life if I hadn't read this.

Moving on, the concept of the story was very well defined. I simply adore how Becca made the story incredibly without trying too hard. The writing was just awesome and there were remarkable dialogues. The characters complement each other very well and they are easy to like.

...första delen av en rad böcker om Bella, förlåt, Nora som träffar en mörk, sexig, vältränad, mystisk och lite farlig kille på gymnasiet, Edward, förlåt, Patch.
added by Jannes | editDagens Nyheter, Steven Ekholm (Aug 30, 2010)

In a thrilling debut with an attention-grabbing cover, this game of revenge among fallen angels with Nora caught in the middle has too many coincidences to move the plot along and an uneven, rushed ending. Twilight readers will either squeal over the forbidden romance between Nora and Patch and the steamy scenes they generate or sigh over another helpless young woman torn between sexuality and fear and threatened and manipulated by males who play with her vulnerability.
added by Shortride | editKirkus Reviews

Although the concept of an archangel willing to become human for love is compelling, the mythology could have been better researched and often appears to be inserted in the story as an afterthought. Twilight comparisons are unavoidable and may prove to be either a delight or distraction. These include a first-person narrative told by a smart but innocent girl and an unsettling much-older biology lab partner who stalks and romances her as he reluctantly puts her in mortal danger. Even the setting of Nora Grey's foggy Coldwater, Maine, is interchangeable with Bella Swan's dreary Forks, Washington.
added by Shortride | editVOYA, Lynne Farrell Stover

Nora's tempestuous relationship with prototypical bad boy Patch is genuinely, even unsettlingly, seductive—fans of paranormal romance should be rapt.
added by Shortride | editPublishers Weekly

Becca Fitzpatrickprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Porto, JamesCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
...God spared not the angels that sinned,
but cast them down to hell,
and delivered them into chains of darkness,
to be reserved unto judgment....

~2 Peter 2:4
For Heather, Christian, and Michael. Our childhood was nothing if not imaginative. And to Justin. Thanks for not chosing the Japanese cooking class--love you.
Chauncey was with the farmer's daughter on the grassy banks of the Loire River when the storm rolled in, and having let his gelding wander in the meadow, was left to his own two feet to carry him back to the chateau.
"'You smell good too,' said Patch.
'It's called a shower.' I was staring straight ahead. When he didn't answer, I turned sideways. 'Soap. Shampoo. Hot water.'
'Naked. I know the drill.'" -pg. 63

HUSH, HUSH

Falling in love was never so easy . . .

or so deadly.

For Nora Grey, romance was not part of the plan. She's never been particularly attracted to the boys at her school, no matter how much her best friend, Vee, pushes them at her. Not until Patch came along. With his easy smile and eyes that seem to see inside her, Nora is drawn to him against her better judgment.

But after a series of terrifying encounters, Nora's not sure who to trust. Patch seems to be everywhere she is, and to know more about her than her closest friends. She can't decide whether she should fall into his arms or run and hide. And when she tries to seek some answers, she finds herself near a truth that is way more unsettling than anything Patch makes her feel.

For Nora is right in the middle of an ancient battle between the immortal and those that have fallen - and, when it comes to choosing sides, the wrong choice will cost her life.

High school sophomore Nora has always been very cautious in her relationships, but when Patch, who has a dark side she can sense, enrolls at her school, she is mysteriously and strongly drawn to him, despite warnings from her best friend, the school counselor, and her own instincts.… (more)

Two editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,796,663 books! | Top bar: Always visible