No title

Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick

The Mortal Instruments Series (Books 1-3) by Cassandra Clare (ldelprete)
    City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare (stephxsu)
    Evermore by Alyson Noël (Sukisue7)
    Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr (fyrefly98)
    Blue Moon by Alyson Noël (Sukisue7)
    Angelology by Danielle Trussoni (PandorasRequiem)
    The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins (ldelprete)
    ldelprete: also read Catching fire, the second book in this series.
    Halo by Alexandra Adornetto (becksdakex)
    Angelfire by Courtney Allison Moulton (bibliojunkies)
    A Job From Hell by Jayde Scott (Anonymous user)
    Lament by Maggie Stiefvater (Maid_Marian)
    Twilight by Stephenie Meyer (stephxsu, cattwing)
    Wings by Aprilynne Pike (Kyana3)
    Kyana3: Bijna alle boeken waarin liefde en fantasy gecombineerd worden zijn schitterend! Ook "Wings" is zo'n boek. Net als in "Drift" weet de hoofdpersonage ook niets van het geheimzinnige gedoe rondom haar. Tot ze plots zelf een deel van het geheim wordt...
    Fallen Angel by Kim Wilkins (KimarieBee)
    The Watcher by Lisa Voisin (stevensclare)
    stevensclare: About fallen angels.
    Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor (Soupdragon)

This book suffers from what I am now going to call "Fallen Syndrome", it means, in my eyes, the book had way to much mystery than was really necessary, and it slowed down the book. Patch is pretty cool, he has some dimension, even though he was plotting naughty things through out. Nora was a bit off with me, she seemed to be a goody two shoes, but when she hooked up with Patch she totally did a 360. I really think Patch is the best part about this book. I hope the next one is better, this one is just ok. ( )
  mojo09226 | Nov 12, 2015 |
The plot was interesting enough to keep me reading but by the end I was left with a lot more questions than I expected.

Like what exactly made Patch fall in love with Nora? I never really warmed up to the idea that he had discovered anything remarkable enough about her to just SUDDENLY change his mind about killing her. And really I don't get why Nora fell in love with Patch either... his charcoal eyes and mysterious nature alone? :P

There was also the relationship between Patch and Chauncey. Sure you discover he is Jules and crazy-bent on killing Patch but WHY... so Patch fell from Heaven, turned evilish, stole Chauncey's body mysteriously for two weeks every year? That wasn't ever really explained very well or with much detail. Just a prologue and then the bit at the end when Jules is trying to get his revenge... I'm super curious to know what happened during all of those CENTURIES of Patch taking over Jules. What did he do, where did he go, why didn't he try to kill one of Jules descendants before? How did Jules even HAVE any descendants and wtf had he been doing all that time as an immortal during his "off-time" from Patch and why did he choose NOW to exact revenge? Then why Nora? How did he find out about Nora and how long had he been watching her?

And really, who is Nora as a character? I have no idea what her interests are or really even what she looks like (aside from a small description comparing her to Vee and also she has long legs or something). Her father was killed but that was never explained... and actually if her father's side is where she is part Nephilim, did an angel kill her father to become human? Why didn't Patch kill her father, going back to that question.... whyyyyyyyyyyyy whywhywhy.

Just a lot of stuff I didn't understand at the end. I'm not sure if I will read the second book... I might just in hopes it will answer something for me. :P
  kirako | Oct 16, 2015 |
Great storytelling; Nora and Patch are quite a pair! Things are not what they seem throughout the story. Very well written suprise ending! Loved it. ( )
  CC123 | Aug 10, 2015 |
  CC123 | Aug 10, 2015 |
Hush Hush
By Becca Fitzpatrick
Publisher: Simon & Schuster
Released: 13 October 2009
Reviewed by: KJ
The word: an explosive romance that takes you on a paranormal journey of mystery and intrigue

Hush Hush is a great debut novel by Becca Fitzpatrick. The paranormal romance is so much more, the romance although spectacular can’t be compared to the intrigue of the paranormal world imagined. I should mention that this has to be in my top five books of all time so I might be a little bit bias in my review.

Nora – straight A studious student with flaming red hair has no time or interest in boys despite being encouraged to flirt by her boy crazy voluptuous blond bombshell best friend Vee. Nora’s life is forever changed when Coach, her biology teacher changes the seating chart and Nora gets saddled with Patch the mysterious senior who seems to know way too much about Nora’s life.

Nora, conflicted about her growing feelings towards Patch, fails to keep him at an arm’s length and when Nora starts seeing things she can’t explain, she decides to dig into Patch’s past to find out the truth about the mysterious bad boy. The journey to find the truth takes Nora down a dangerous path with a mysterious male in a ski mask and a jealous ex-girlfriend. Nora ends up smack bang in the middle of a centuries old feud, where her choice could tip the scales.

I fell in love with this book almost immediately. Nora is a strong independent character that I felt an instant connection with. She is dynamic and complex, vulnerable yet brave in one fiery package. Her relationship with Patch is passionate. The two have an undeniable chemistry and are always pushing and pulling against each other, both trying to deny and give in to their feelings. Nora explains this perfectly.

“Part of me wanted to run away from him screaming, Fire! A more reckless part was tempted to see how close I could get without... combusting.”

Patch seems your typical bad boy who holds a deep dark secret, as the relationship between Nora and Patch progress we start to understand that there might be just a bit more to Patch then meets the eye.

Nora’s best friend Vee provides a good balance to the over-serious Nora. She is funny and is often pushes Nora into uncomfortable social situations. She helps Nora in uncovering the truth about Patch’s past.

I’m usually pretty good at predicting an ending but this one just came out of nowhere, what you thought was going on – so wasn’t! It wasn’t too hard to guess Patch’s secret, Becca provides many clues along the way, but boy I did not see that ending coming. Hush Hush is the first in a series of four books that follows Patch and Nora’s relationship and the struggles they encounter.

I can’t praise this book enough, Becca’s ability to develop compelling characters and take the reader on a journey of suspense and intrigue is incomparable. If you love romance and paranormal this is a must read.
  birdslovewords | Aug 9, 2015 |
This book is ON FIRE! It's downright fantastic--from the book cover which is just tempting until the very last page. I finished this book in just one sitting. I actually read this book twice in one week. And I just love my best friend for lending me this book because I know I'll be missing half of my life if I hadn't read this.

Moving on, the concept of the story was very well defined. I simply adore how Becca made the story incredibly without trying too hard. The writing was just awesome and there were remarkable dialogues. The characters complement each other very well and they are easy to like.
...första delen av en rad böcker om Bella, förlåt, Nora som träffar en mörk, sexig, vältränad, mystisk och lite farlig kille på gymnasiet, Edward, förlåt, Patch.
added by Jannes | editDagens Nyheter, Steven Ekholm (Aug 30, 2010)
In a thrilling debut with an attention-grabbing cover, this game of revenge among fallen angels with Nora caught in the middle has too many coincidences to move the plot along and an uneven, rushed ending. Twilight readers will either squeal over the forbidden romance between Nora and Patch and the steamy scenes they generate or sigh over another helpless young woman torn between sexuality and fear and threatened and manipulated by males who play with her vulnerability.
added by Shortride | editKirkus Reviews
Although the concept of an archangel willing to become human for love is compelling, the mythology could have been better researched and often appears to be inserted in the story as an afterthought. Twilight comparisons are unavoidable and may prove to be either a delight or distraction. These include a first-person narrative told by a smart but innocent girl and an unsettling much-older biology lab partner who stalks and romances her as he reluctantly puts her in mortal danger. Even the setting of Nora Grey's foggy Coldwater, Maine, is interchangeable with Bella Swan's dreary Forks, Washington.
added by Shortride | editVOYA, Lynne Farrell Stover
Nora's tempestuous relationship with prototypical bad boy Patch is genuinely, even unsettlingly, seductive—fans of paranormal romance should be rapt.
added by Shortride | editPublishers Weekly

Becca Fitzpatrickprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Porto, JamesCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
...God spared not the angels that sinned,
but cast them down to hell,
and delivered them into chains of darkness,
to be reserved unto judgment....

~2 Peter 2:4
For Heather, Christian, and Michael. Our childhood was nothing if not imaginative. And to Justin. Thanks for not chosing the Japanese cooking class--love you.
Chauncey was with the farmer's daughter on the grassy banks of the Loire River when the storm rolled in, and having let his gelding wander in the meadow, was left to his own two feet to carry him back to the chateau.
"'You smell good too,' said Patch.
'It's called a shower.' I was staring straight ahead. When he didn't answer, I turned sideways. 'Soap. Shampoo. Hot water.'
'Naked. I know the drill.'" -pg. 63

Falling in love was never so easy . . .

or so deadly.

For Nora Grey, romance was not part of the plan. She's never been particularly attracted to the boys at her school, no matter how much her best friend, Vee, pushes them at her. Not until Patch came along. With his easy smile and eyes that seem to see inside her, Nora is drawn to him against her better judgment.

But after a series of terrifying encounters, Nora's not sure who to trust. Patch seems to be everywhere she is, and to know more about her than her closest friends. She can't decide whether she should fall into his arms or run and hide. And when she tries to seek some answers, she finds herself near a truth that is way more unsettling than anything Patch makes her feel.

For Nora is right in the middle of an ancient battle between the immortal and those that have fallen - and, when it comes to choosing sides, the wrong choice will cost her life.

High school sophomore Nora has always been very cautious in her relationships, but when Patch, who has a dark side she can sense, enrolls at her school, she is mysteriously and strongly drawn to him, despite warnings from her best friend, the school counselor, and her own instincts.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 100,904,073 books! | Top bar: Always visible