Hold on Tight (Hard to Hold Trilogy, Book 3)…

Hold on Tight (Hard to Hold Trilogy, Book 3) (edition 2010)

by Stephanie Tyler

Member:mycswbooks
Title:Hold on Tight (Hard to Hold Trilogy, Book 3)
Authors:Stephanie Tyler
Info:Dell (2010), Edition: Original, Mass Market Paperback, 384 pages
Rating:*****
Tags:romantic suspense

Hold on Tight (Hard to Hold Trilogy, Book 3) by Stephanie Tyler

Book 3 in the Hard to Hold trilogy is Chris & Jamie's story (continued from book 2.) This story revolves around the death of Chris's friend (and the investigation surrounding that death) as well as some of Jamie's childhood past coming back. Romance AND mystery/suspence were both included in this book. Of the three books, this was my least favorite.

Overall I did enjoy this series. ( )
  Books007 | Apr 12, 2010 |
Best series ever, sorry to see the trilogy end can't wait for the next Stephanie Tyler book. "Hold on Tight" was the third and final book in the Hard to Hold Trilogy. It's main focus was on Chris and Jamie. Chris the navy seal is struggling with lose of a friend and trying to keep Jamie and their future child safe. Jamie is being haunted by her past, and with her feeling for Chris and their possible future together. Jake and Nick (along with their girlfriends), Chris's adopted brothers are also in the book. If you like reading books military, suspense, and romance all wrapped up in one story this is the perfect book to read. ( )
  lucky11 | Apr 10, 2010 |
The best of the series

I am a fan of Stephanie Tyler's writing, though I do not always like the way her books end up (see my one star review of book two). But here, in the final book of the trilogy, all that's good about Tyler comes together. I enjoyed this one.

My favourite story was Jake and Isabelle's - the first one - but this is by far a better book. It is more focused - earlier books had many tangents - and all of the characters come together to work towards the same thing.

Chris and Jamie's story started in the last book, when they travelled together to Africa to find Jamie's sister, and ended up as lovers. But they walked away from each other, and now an investigation into a murder has thrown them back together. Jamie grew up in Witness Protection and now her past is catching up with her. Everything comes together so well - something Tyler was unable to do in the last installment - that I found I just couldn't put it down.

I wasn't certain I was going to like Chris all that much - he came off as a weirdo in the first two books, and I wasn't interested in him delivering any more babies here (he doesn't). But I fell a little in love with him in this story. He's a strong, powerful character.

I also wasn't so sure about the psychic aspect of some of the characters in earlier books. I love the paranormal as much as any other genre, but when I picked up a book about Navy SEALS I expected reality, and wasn't a fan of the mix. However, in this book the psychic characters are not secondary, an afterthought, and because it is so ingrained into the entire plot I was better able to accept it.

On the negative front, I found it strange that there wasn't much in the way of character description. My image of the characters came from the earlier books - I'm sure Jamie wasn't described once in the entire book. Perhaps I missed it, but I don't even remember being told her hair colour in this one. Good thing I read the others!

Stephanie Tyler is up against some tough competition when it comes to military romantic suspense - anybody who likes this series needs to read Cindy Gerard, Shannon K Butcher, and Christy Reece just about fits into the genre too. I think with this book she has proven she has what it takes, and I was very, very happy to see how well she managed here. There are more connected books on the way, and I will definitely be reading them. ( )
  ZosiaCanberra | Feb 19, 2010 |

"He's a Navy SEAL suspected of murder. She's his lover---and the chief investigator. Chris Waldron, an elite U.S. Navy SEAL, is used to getting out of tight spots. But all his years of training can't prepare him for the crisis he now faces. When a mission to rescue a kidnapped ambassador and his wife goes tragically awry, an FBI hostage negotiator is killed and Chris finds himself at the center of the ensuing investigation. Leading the charge is Jamie Michaels, a blistering-hot special agent---and Chris's one time lover..."--p.[4] of cover.… (more)

Stephanie Tyler is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 133,423,683 books! | Top bar: Always visible