Ecstasy Unveiled by Larissa Ione

Ecstasy Unveiled

by Larissa Ione

Not so much a review of the book, but my overall review of the Demonica series so far:
Larissa Ione writes a good story, funny at times, darkish, action packed with a heart (don’t forget the heart) and always sexy, oh so sexy.

The brothers are made out of wet dreams materials, their women are strong and hot and their relationships always intense.

The books have just enough depth so I won’t feel cheep. Developed world, round enough characters, and intense emotions (I cannot deny it no more, I have shed some tears in more than one occasion). These books are big on heat and emotions.

Great sex scenes (you do have to overcome Larissa Ione tendency to use phrases like “her sex” and “her core” though) quite explicit, which I enjoyed very much.

True it’s a formulaic story, the hardships and struggles will be resolved by the end of the book, the villains will be punished and the sexy guy will get the girl. Well, good for him (and for us). Since it’s been done skillfully I have no problem with that.

As for Lore and Idess story, the characters are lovable, the action is packed, the sex is hot and I just kicked back and enjoyed myself, a lot (;
  veredi | Mar 25, 2017 |
Ecstasy Unveiled
4.5 Stars

Solid storytelling, strong characterization and an irresistible romance - Ecstasy Unveiled is definitely my favorite in the series so far.

Ione is brilliant at balancing complex and multi-faceted storylines although there are one or two questions that remain unanswered, for example: why does Lore become a Primori and why exactly happened between him and Sin when they reached maturity?

As expected, the characters are well-developed and engaging. Lore is the tortured hero that Wraith should have been. Don't get me wrong, Wraith is an amazing hero but his personality seemed toned down in Passion Unleashed, which was disappointing.

Lore is in an extremely difficult situation - torn between betraying his newly discovered brothers and saving his sister's life, and his internal struggle exposes the guilt and loneliness concealed by his harsh, caustic and cynical exterior.

Idess, with her guilty secrets and battle hardened skills, is a compelling mix of strength and vulnerability - a far cry from your typical timid, goody-two-shoes angelic character. She and Lore have a sensual and sexy relationship but their bond is also tender and emotional, and they compliment each other so well.

The secondary characters are entertaining - the three villains each have their own agenda and finding out what happens with them keeps you turning the pages. The conflict between Lore and his brothers is realistic although Shade's obnoxious behavior merely reinforced my dislike of him in book #2.

Sin and Con are intriguing together and the lead in to their book is very titillating - looking forward to the next and final installment in the series. ( )
  Lauren2013 | Nov 19, 2016 |
4,5 stars.

Wasn't as good as Wraith's story was, but I really liked the chemistry between Lore and Idess and it left a really awesome plot for Sin's story next. ( )
  msralways | Aug 19, 2014 |
Ok when Sin grabbed Con and Luc's bet money and split it I was like you go girl! Epic. F***ing Epic! ( )
  amydnoland | Mar 31, 2014 |
3.5 stars ( )
  Penny01 | Feb 1, 2014 |

A DEMON ENSLAVED Lore is a Seminus half-breed demon who has been forced to act as his dark master's assassin. Now to earn his freedom and save his sister's life, he must complete one last kill. Powerful and ruthless, he'll stop at nothing to carry out this deadly mission. AN ANGEL TEMPTED Idess is an earthbound angel with a wild side, sworn to protect the human Lore is targeting. She's determined to thwart her wickedly handsome adversary by any means necessary-even if that means risking her vow of eternal chastity. But what begins as a simple seduction soon turns into a passion that leaves both angel and demon craving complete surrender. Torn between duty and desire, Lore and Idess must join forces as they battle their attraction for each other. Because an enemy from the past is rising again-one hellbent on vengeance and unthinkable destruction. (Source: Amazon.com)

To earn his freedom and save his sister's life, Lore, a Seminus half-breed demon, must assassinate a human for his dark master, but his mission is thwarted by Idess, an wild earthbound angel sworn to protect the human he is targeting by any means necessary.… (more)

Larissa Ione is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 113,321,225 books! | Top bar: Always visible