Sapphire Blue by Kerstin Gier

Sapphire Blue (original 2010; edition 2012)

by Kerstin Gier, Marisa Calin (Reader), Anthea Bell (Translator)

Member:krau0098
Title:Sapphire Blue
Authors:Kerstin Gier
Other authors:Marisa Calin (Reader), Anthea Bell (Translator)
Info:Macmillan Young Listeners (2012), Edition: Unabridged, Audio CD
Collections:Already Read, Read but unowned
Tags:fantasy, London, time travel, humor, young adult

Sapphire Blue by Kerstin Gier (2010)

Recently added byErinDarby, Spoto-Media, carlie892, ItaliaNetwork, pricem, private library, DaffiMere

English (60)  German (3)  All languages (63)
I didn’t enjoy this book as much as the first one. I read through it rather quickly because I do love the series so much, but this book just didn’t do it for me. I found myself getting really angry at all the characters and really just enjoyed it for Xemerius, a small stone gargoyle demon. ( )
  AbbieLauren2018 | Mar 12, 2018 |
The mystery keeps building! I really feel Gwen's frustration with the people around her. At the same time though, I am frustrated with how she reacts to everything that's going on. I honestly like her friend Lesley more than her right now. ( )
  Moore31 | Feb 25, 2018 |
  Moore31 | Feb 25, 2018 |
This book (#2) is as easy read, but slightly better than the first book in the series. As more people has commented there are more time travels, meaning more action, kissing, intrigues and blood. We meet the same characters, adding a sidekick demon and a new bad guy (or is he?), and they havn't change much since the last book. Things are revealed (we finally get some answers!), making the story much more intricate and the characters more interwoven, which I really liked. There's still a lot of retelling, but the I didn't see it all coming this time. ( )
  therska | Feb 7, 2018 |
Parts of this book are enjoyable. I still like the premise. But I got so annoyed at the characters (pretty much ALL of them, but mostly the main two) that I put the book down for a long while without finishing it, and the liberally skimmed the last third of the book.

Will I finish the series? Maybe. But it's more likely that I'll just read a summary. ( )
  ca.bookwyrm | Jan 26, 2018 |

Kerstin Gierprimary authorall editionscalculated
Bell, AntheaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Frank, I could never have done it without you.
London, 14 May 1602  The streets of Southwark were dark and deserted.

Sixteen-year-old Gwen, the newest and final member of the secret time-traveling Circle of Twelve, searches through history for the other time-travelers, aided by friend Lesley, James the ghost, Xemerius the gargoyle demon, and Gideon, the Diamond, whose fate seems bound with hers.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 129,589,589 books! | Top bar: Always visible