Sapphire Blue (Ruby Red) by Kerstin Gier

Sapphire Blue (Ruby Red) (original 2010; edition 2012)

by Kerstin Gier, Anthea Bell (Translator)

442None23,651 (4.09)13
Member:nbmars
Title:Sapphire Blue (Ruby Red)
Authors:Kerstin Gier
Other authors:Anthea Bell (Translator)
Info:Henry Holt and Co. (BYR) (2012), Edition: First Edition, Hardcover, 368 pages
Rating:***1/2
Tags:fiction, young adult, fantasy, Great Britain

Sapphire Blue by Kerstin Gier (2010)

English (29)  German (2)  All languages (31)
Sapphire Blue picks up were Ruby Red finishes no time as passed. Quinn and Gideon must close the circle of 12 to help man kind so they think. Quinn does not trust many people lest of all Count Sazuaman . Can Quinn convince Gideon or is he against her as well? ( )
  SparklePonies | Apr 14, 2014 |
Second in a trilogy - as good as the first. Time travel, romance, mystery...what's not to like? ( )
  SparklePonies | Mar 10, 2014 |
I liked this sequel to Ruby Red better than its predecessor. I would give it 4 of 5 stars. For one, I feel like it finally got into the "story" of the books. There is still that unfinished feel, though, that I lamented with the first book. I like for a book to satisfy me on its own... so I don't know. I'm still not in love with the trilogy format. The plot picked up in this book, and things are beginning to pull together. I felt like the author was still true to the characters, and I found myself smiling at some of the situations the protagonist finds herself in. I loved the addition of the gargoyle Xemerius to the mix. I found him adorable. I also liked having the author add a little more depth to Mr. George's character. I'm looking forward to seeing how it all plays out in the last book. ( )
  lauraodom | Feb 17, 2014 |

More sloppy execution. Plus, I really didn't like Gwenyth in this. She spent too much time obsessing over Gideon. If I could travel back in time(involuntary or not), I'd be doing a lot more than she ever does(and I don't mean the lessons). She spends little to no time, trying to gather info or putting together the pieces. No wonder everyone walks over her.

The author took this interesting idea and kind of slaughtered it with insta-love. Especially the end ! I know that he kind of shattered your heart but hello don't you want to find out what THE SECRET is ??

My most favorite character was Xemerius. And Lesley. I wish the author hadn't provided us with a heroine so dumb she can't see clues lying in front of her at times. And she just moons over Gideon all the time. Gawd. ( )
  ashpapoye | Jan 24, 2014 |
English version ( )
  Carla_Rees | Jan 15, 2014 |

Sixteen-year-old Gwen, the newest and final member of the secret time-traveling Circle of Twelve, searches through history for the other time-travelers, aided by friend Lesley, James the ghost, Xemerius the gargoyle demon, and Gideon, the Diamond, whose fate seems bound with hers.… (more)

102 wanted3 pay3 pay

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,407,693 books! | Top bar: Always visible