Sapphire Blue (Ruby Red) by Kerstin Gier

Sapphire Blue (Ruby Red) (original 2010; edition 2012)

by Kerstin Gier, Anthea Bell (Translator)

Member:hrose2931
Title:Sapphire Blue (Ruby Red)
Authors:Kerstin Gier
Other authors:Anthea Bell (Translator)
Info:
Rating:*****
Tags:YA Romance, Time Travel, History, Mystery

Sapphire Blue by Kerstin Gier (2010)

English (32)  German (2)  All languages (34)
I really like Gwen - as Gideon says, she's "so amusing, and clever, and amazingly sweet". I like the breath of normality in her character that contrasts so nicely with the hyped up conspiracy stuff going on. I'm finding myself more and more interested in finding out what is really going on, and there is a nice villain character now. ( )
  tjsjohanna | Oct 17, 2014 |
Me after I finished reading this book:

OH MY GOODNESS. JUST WHAAAT. WHAT THE HELL ASDFGHJKL . WHYY? (&;!/!??# Buut. Whatttt?? I. Can't. Even. Why?

I am seriously furious with the author for giving such evil cliffhangers.

What I feel about the characters after reading:

-Gwyneth. She's still so much fun and I just love her. I just kind of get irritated with her when she got so dreamy about Gideon even though he's acting like a jerk. I mean, come on, why do girls always root for boys whose moves and actions doesn't make any sense? I hoped that she'll have another love interest in the character of Raphael but I was wrong. Though if you think about it, that will be kind of gross. So just forget I said anything okay?

- Gideon. I am in a love-hate relationship with Gideon. I mean, my goodness, he was just so confusing and he made me want to bang my head on the wall. He's such a sweet little thing then he became this cold and mean guy then back to being sweet. Argh. Make up your mind, why don't you?

- I loved Lesley, the gargoyle, Rossini, Robert and even James. And Raphael also though he didn't actually do something of great importance. I loved the whole time-traveling thing. Basically, I loved everything. I just get irritated at Gideon sometimes.

- I have so many questions at the end of the book. Why does Gwyneth seem to be so important to Paul. Is she his and Lucy's daughter? (I know, crazy guess) WHAT IN THE WORLD IS GOING ON INSIDE GIDEON's HEAD? Ugh. What is the FREAKING SECRET?!?!?! I'm crazy I know. Guess, I should be in a hurry to read Emerald Green to find them out.

- *gasp* My heart broke for Gwyneth. Seriously. She didn't deserve any of that. Ugh. Everything is just too much. I don't know if I should hate Gideon or not. Ugh. So confusing.UGH. Don't mind me. I just want to release all these angst.

-As you see, I'm pretty much invested in the story's characters. And that's a good thing because the kind of book that makes you really passionate in talking about them is an amazing one. I'm still young okay so I'm still allowed to be feeling childish at times. I can't wait to get my hands on the third book.! Evil author is evil. ( )
  margaraawr | Aug 8, 2014 |
Me after I finished reading this book:

I am seriously furious with the author for giving such evil cliffhangers.

What I feel about the characters after reading:

margaraawr | Aug 8, 2014 |
Sapphire Blue picks up were Ruby Red finishes no time as passed. Gwyn and Gideon must close the circle of 12 to help man kind so they think. Gwyn does not trust many people lest of all Count Sazuaman . Can Quinn convince Gideon or is he against her as well? ( )
  SparklePonies | Apr 14, 2014 |
Second in a trilogy - as good as the first. Time travel, romance, mystery...what's not to like? ( )
  SparklePonies | Mar 10, 2014 |

Kerstin Gierprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Bell, AntheaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Sixteen-year-old Gwen, the newest and final member of the secret time-traveling Circle of Twelve, searches through history for the other time-travelers, aided by friend Lesley, James the ghost, Xemerius the gargoyle demon, and Gideon, the Diamond, whose fate seems bound with hers.… (more)

102 wanted3 pay3 pay

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 93,414,844 books! | Top bar: Always visible