Echo Park by Michael Connelly

Echo Park (original 2006; edition 2007)

by Michael Connelly

Member:christiguc
Title:Echo Park
Authors:Michael Connelly
Info:London: Orion, 2006.
Collections:Your library, To read
Tags:fiction, american, america, california, los angeles, mystery, crime, male detective, harry bosch, male author, orion publishing, series-12th, bookshelf17

Echo Park by Michael Connelly (2006)

English (61)  French (2)  Spanish (2)  Dutch (2)  Italian (1)  All (68)
murder frame set up — excellent

In 1993 Marie Gesto disappeared after walking out of a supermarket. Harry Bosch worked the case but couldn't crack it, and the twenty-two-year-old was never found. Now, more than a decade later, with the Gesto file still on his desk, Bosch gets a call from the District Attorney.A man accused of two heinous murders is willing to come clean about several others, including the killing of Marie Gesto. Taking the confession of the man he has sought-and hated-for thirteen years is bad enough. Discovering that he missed a clue back in 1993 that could have stopped nine other murders may just be the straw that breaks Harry Bosch.
  christinejoseph | Jan 1, 2017 |
One of the stronger installments in the series, IMO. ( )
  moonlight_reads | Dec 11, 2016 |
As I mentioned in another review, I found this book on one of my shelves just as I started reading another book by this author with the same character. Now, normally, I wouldn't jump straight into another book like that but I enjoyed the other read so much that I threw my self imposed rules out the window and read this one.

I was very glad I did. This book was written quite a while after the first one I read. The main character, Harry Bosch, had obviously evolved even more. At some point in his journey, he had quit the LAPD and had then returned to work in the Open-Unsolved Division. One of his former partners had joined him there.

They had revisited a murder case that was now thirteen years old. Harry had promised the parents he would solve it and he kept returning to the case files to review it on a regular basis. He had a suspect in mind and then.....

Well, a new case grabbed the public's imagination. A serial killer had been caught red handed on his way to disposing of body parts after a kill. His attorney contacted an electioneering District Attorney and his over achieving Detective sidekick and promised the bodies of eleven other victims in exchange for taking the death penalty off the table. One of those was Harry's open case. Solved? Far from it!

From that point on the case heats up and goes in a variety of directions. Just like the last, what you think you know gets turned on its head. At this stage in his work, the author has really polished his techniques – this book is longer but all that meant was that I stayed up even later to finish it! I will find Harry Bosch again, I am sure of that. But this is a great vacation read!! ( )
  ozzieslim | Jun 4, 2016 |
With ex-FBI girlfriend from South Dakota about serial killer in garage tunnel.
  BMacShara | Apr 23, 2015 |
Great story, good ending. ( )
  kenzen | Feb 23, 2015 |

Connelly, Michaelprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Guerrero, JavierTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
This is for Jane Wood—who keeps Harry Bosch

well fed and close to the heart. Many, many thanks.
It was the car they had been looking for.

Harry Bosch has been haunted by an unsolved case of a young girl’s disappearance eleven years ago. Now it seems to be the killer has been caught, connected to a string of nine other murders. It also seems as if Harry and his partner missed some crucial evidence that could have solved the case and possibly prevented the murders that followed. When the killer escapes, Harry continues to beat himself up thinking this mad man can and will kill more, but are his instincts right, will he slip-up again.....things just aren’t adding up until Harry discovers he is dealing with an even bigger situation than he realizes.

In 1993 Marie Gesto disappeared after walking out of a supermarket. Harry Bosch worked the case but couldn't crack it, and the twenty-two-year-old was never found. Now, more than a decade later, with the Gesto file still on his desk, Bosch gets a call from the District Attorney. A man accused of two heinous murders is willing to come clean about several others, including the killing of Marie Gesto. Taking the confession of the man he has sought-and hated-for thirteen years is bad enough. Discovering that he missed a clue back in 1993 that could have stopped nine other murders may just be the straw that breaks Harry Bosch.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:19:37 -0400)

Detective Harry Bosch, now in the Open-unsolved Unit, receives a call from the DA telling him a serial killer has confessed to several murders. Harry must interview the man about a case he couldn't crack involving the murder of a 22-year-old woman whose body was never found.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 111,736,461 books! | Top bar: Always visible